12X Class Exp Continuation

Tarran

Ok I know I am gonna be attacked left and right for this one. However I would just like to say I would think it would be great if they kept the 12X for subscribers the way it is right now. We can either choose to use it or turn it off. True this only goes until level 55 which is good I think they need to keep it that way. But I would love to see them continue this for those that decide to continue to support them by subscribing every month.

It would make it so much easier to make new toons to take thru the upcomming expansion with ease. Since a lot of us already have multiple level 60 toons. We could buy more character slots or even if they decide to make new accounts and sub those also, EA still makes money either way.

12x XP is what killed all flashpoints and heroics, hence why I think there bringing them down into tactical now. It is good to reward subs... for instance... NOT making them pay for a expansion when they are a sub would be nice... but something so extreme like 12x XP needs to go. If you don't want to play that class and only rush through it.... then perhaps its best to avoid it. Not to mention 12x XP has been around for like what.... 6 months? I think the damage is done already, but there is no reason to infect the cut.

I understand how you can think the 12x killed the Flashpoints or the Heroics. I can for one tell you I know of about 20 other people (who no longer play) that once they went thru them once or Twice just started skipping em even before the 12x. I honestly don't see this effecting it as much as you think. Plus it truly is all up to an individual on how they want to play. Most people don't care for repetitive things so this will make the heroics and flashpoints less and less used.

There is a way they could make them useful again to get more people doing them. Offer say 5 cartel coins or something along these lines to get people back into em. You seriously have to entice people to want to do em. I think even if they had the 12x but gave the flashpoints something worthwhile as a reward people would go back to doing them.

You also got to think the rewards you get for flashpoints are mostly the gear not just exp. The gear since they came out with adaptive has also made certain quest dead. That is why I say if they offered something people would want you would see people back to doing them.

I understand how you can think the 12x killed the Flashpoints or the Heroics. I can for one tell you I know of about 20 other people (who no longer play) that once they went thru them once or Twice just started skipping em even before the 12x. I honestly don't see this effecting it as much as you think. Plus it truly is all up to an individual on how they want to play. Most people don't care for repetitive things so this will make the heroics and flashpoints less and less used.

There is a way they could make them useful again to get more people doing them. Offer say 5 cartel coins or something along these lines to get people back into em. You seriously have to entice people to want to do em. I think even if they had the 12x but gave the flashpoints something worthwhile as a reward people would go back to doing them.

You also got to think the rewards you get for flashpoints are mostly the gear not just exp. The gear since they came out with adaptive has also made certain quest dead. That is why I say if they offered something people would want you would see people back to doing them.

This is how I am. I skipped heroics/flashpoints back when there wasn't 12x. When leveling I don't care to do flashpoints/heroics. I'm only interested in the story and hitting max level. Outside of doing them the first time (which was back when the game first came out) I only do them again during end game. Not to mention questing = faster than flashpoints.

I think the 12x xp has had a role in the FPs dying. When I first came back to SW GF was popping around 15-20 mins or so. Now it never seems to pop.

I think the major thing that should be change to help FPs out is the 12 coms per class mission. Why run a FP when after 3-4 class missions I have the coms to re-mod both mine and comps gear?

Maybe a decor item or something for doing a FP would help.

I tend to not do the FPs because of the insane wait time for the conversation options. First time through ok fair enough but when the cutscene wait times start to grate on you...uggh...

Plus if I had leveled my JK the old way I'd have been FURIOUS about the time wasted-the class story left me aghast....

Better option would be for subds to be able to have their free 60 or any subsequent 60's they buy able to do the class missions....

12 Xp has had no impact on my participation in flashpoints - after the first couple of tries I never played them again. When levelling a character there were always enough xp around if I ran the odd bonus series and used a few 25% boosts carefully. Personally I would prefer to have 12 x forever, or at least a smaller xp boost to class missions that sped up levelling a little and meant I could avoid a few of the side missions that especially irritate me - Tatooine Planetary Imperial side is my pet hate.

According to the stream yesterday they confirmed it would be ending on Oct. 19.

It's ending but the level process is going to stay around the same speed. They're just increasing the amount of exp you get for main planetary quests and class quests.

It's ending but the level process is going to stay around the same speed. They're just increasing the amount of exp you get for main planetary quests and class quests.

Yeah Eric confirmed that to get from 1-50 all you would need is class and planetary quests, so its like they halved the class 12x xp and gave it to the planetary quests instead.

Which does not really matter to me as I tended to be both class and planetary stuff while levelling 12x xp anyway.

Yeah Eric confirmed that to get from 1-50 all you would need is class and planetary quests, so its like they halved the class 12x xp and gave it to the planetary quests instead.

As a subscriber you never had to do anything else. If you do sidequests and heroics, and the occasional flashpoints as they come, you end up at level 52-53 when fighting your class story's level 49 boss. Only free to play need to do every single quest to reach 49-50 in time.

Edited by Mubrak

I never bothered with heroics and flashpoints to begin with. I did flashpoints once, but even without 12xp I never ever bothered with heroics.

The rewards are just not good enough! If they gave 40-50 comms for completion, than maybe I would bother.

Ok I know I am gonna be attacked left and right for this one. However I would just like to say I would think it would be great if they kept the 12X for subscribers the way it is right now. We can either choose to use it or turn it off. True this only goes until level 55 which is good I think they need to keep it that way. But I would love to see them continue this for those that decide to continue to support them by subscribing every month.

It would make it so much easier to make new toons to take thru the upcomming expansion with ease. Since a lot of us already have multiple level 60 toons. We could buy more character slots or even if they decide to make new accounts and sub those also, EA still makes money either way.

BW have actually done something that's very similar to 12x in 4.0 where essentially you only need to do your class missions, and the main world arc.

with the new leveling system in 4.0 doing planet stories and class stories you will be able to level quick enough.

Yesterday I tried 12x boost for the first time (sub problems), and now I adore it. I managed to lvl up my smuggler from 43 lvl to 51 and finish the storyline. That's something I really wanted, because all this slow lvling is what always made me lazy playing as this character. Eventhough, it was strange when I created a new char and after a couple of missions already had lvl 8 :D