Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan vs Starkiller

siegeshot
07.31.2012 , 06:42 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
A lot of people don't like Starkiller because of how he was implimented into the greater SW story, ontop of how over the top his Force abilities are portrayed. To be quite honest, that's how I wish the Force had always been portrayed because it makes the SW movies and everything else seem tame.
Totally agree and you inspired me to respond.

One key force power has been overlooked so far, which is Force Transfer. Between the first and second books he dies something like four times (if you believe Vader at the beginning of the second one he's died 100's of times). If you go back and read the Darth Bane trilogy, the 3rd book talks about force transfer quite a bit as it is Bane's answer to if the 'rule of 2' isn't followed...

Galen's natural force power is to be able to transfer himself as needed spontaneously as a defense mechanism.

Several of the recent TOR novels as well as the game itself talk about each Jedi having a default natural jedi power... So loosely tying the pieces together. That's what I have to add to the convo.

Also I've read both books and have completed both games 3+ times per. Absolutely love TFU 1/2.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

vicentellll
08.01.2012 , 01:48 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Starkiller is quite possibly the only character invented in the EU, specifically for a graphics engine. He has zero basis for the majority of his strength and is in general, non-canon. He's a joke.
Well said

Aximand
08.01.2012 , 03:13 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Starkiller is quite possibly the only character invented in the EU, specifically for a graphics engine. He has zero basis for the majority of his strength and is in general, non-canon. He's a joke.
Game mechanics have always been Non Canon. The two novels written about Starkiller, however, are both C-Canon.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

NummSaul
08.01.2012 , 05:46 AM | #34
Galen took down a destroyer so.........

Anyway i think the advantage starkiller has over Revan is that when he rages... he gets insanely powerful and will overpower Revan eventually.
And he has a couple of years on Revan

Wolfninjajedi
08.01.2012 , 06:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NummSaul View Post
Galen took down a destroyer so.........

Anyway i think the advantage starkiller has over Revan is that when he rages... he gets insanely powerful and will overpower Revan eventually.
And he has a couple of years on Revan
He didn't take it down, it was already falling and he guided it down.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
08.01.2012 , 07:03 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post
First lets get this straight. Starkiller is over-rated and terrible character from a terrible game series period.

What did Starkiller accomplish? Absolutely nothing. He didn't conquer or save a galaxy. He wasn't a hero. He was a apprentice to Vader and was tricked into bringing the republci together, it wasn't his idea. He was just looking to be with Juno Eclipse.

Revan. Saved the galaxy a few times:
- Defeated Mandalorians invasion
- Defeated his Sith Empire that he built himself in the Republic space
- He slowed down the true Sith invasion of Republic for long time
- Revan master both light and darkside.
- He Ruled as a leader of the Sith empire
- Sith Emperor thought alot of him to enforce him to take over republic space.
- He was tactical general for the republic
- He made Jedi master
- He got the girl at the end

Starkiller
- Lapdog who followed whatever Vader told him for most part. Only when Vader turned on him trying to kill him that he got a mind of his own.
Spoiler

- Starkiller never had purpose and not did anything to improve the galaxy. Nothing memorable about him.
- His only stardom or fame was the outrageous force powers put in the force unleashed games although they destroyed canon and Vader's legacy. Throw out the door that Anakin had potential to be the most powerful and throw out mid-chorlians when Starkiller is owning Vader.

Please put one good thing Starkiller did for the galaxy? Name one thing other than false inspiration not of his making?

Spoiler
Thats a very unbiased argument you have there >.>
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

semplew
08.01.2012 , 07:03 AM | #37
Starkiller could face up to Palpatine, Darth Vader, whilst not forgetting the moving of Star Destroyers! Without a doubt the most powerful. A bit too much maybe...

Wolfninjajedi
08.01.2012 , 07:49 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by semplew View Post
Starkiller could face up to Palpatine, Darth Vader, whilst not forgetting the moving of Star Destroyers! Without a doubt the most powerful. A bit too much maybe...
He never fought Palpatine, he won against Vader by the skin of his teeth and he didn't really move a star destroyer he just guided it down slowing its decent.

Rayla_Felana
08.01.2012 , 10:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He never fought Palpatine, he won against Vader by the skin of his teeth and he didn't really move a star destroyer he just guided it down slowing its decent.
I must say, despite how much I hate those games, what he has done is very impressive, when he faced down Palpatine, even though Sidious wasn't trying, he still held on long enough to blow them both back to last week and defeating Vader is no small feat at all, he killed many Jedi without trying, Galen managed to beat him and if I remember the novel correctly, he didn't kill him because he felt sorry for him, once he realised Vader was manipulated much the same way he had been.

Wolfninjajedi
08.01.2012 , 11:46 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I must say, despite how much I hate those games, what he has done is very impressive, when he faced down Palpatine, even though Sidious wasn't trying, he still held on long enough to blow them both back to last week and defeating Vader is no small feat at all, he killed many Jedi without trying, Galen managed to beat him and if I remember the novel correctly, he didn't kill him because he felt sorry for him, once he realised Vader was manipulated much the same way he had been.
Oh not saying what he did isn't impressive it is, but some people are still thinking that games are the actual canon.