Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan vs Starkiller

Sindorin
07.29.2012 , 12:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Starkillers Canon.
Not in my book. Of course, I know that matters little. But he is about as canon as Lucas' changes to Mandalore.

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin

epicfear
07.29.2012 , 01:29 PM | #22
Aren't those changes canon if lucas says they are?

and why do you hate starkiller? what did he ever do to upset you? Im sorry that the expanded universe changed in a way you might not have liked. i am truly sorry if that drives you to hate characters.

And yes, i have seen monty python and the holy grail. i love that movie. I simply wondered why that argument was never made to the black knight. Probably because it was too sensible.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

DarthJopeous
07.29.2012 , 01:57 PM | #23
First lets get this straight. Starkiller is over-rated and terrible character from a terrible game series period.

What did Starkiller accomplish? Absolutely nothing. He didn't conquer or save a galaxy. He wasn't a hero. He was a apprentice to Vader and was tricked into bringing the republci together, it wasn't his idea. He was just looking to be with Juno Eclipse.

Revan. Saved the galaxy a few times:
- Defeated Mandalorians invasion
- Defeated his Sith Empire that he built himself in the Republic space
- He slowed down the true Sith invasion of Republic for long time
- Revan master both light and darkside.
- He Ruled as a leader of the Sith empire
- Sith Emperor thought alot of him to enforce him to take over republic space.
- He was tactical general for the republic
- He made Jedi master
- He got the girl at the end

Starkiller
- Lapdog who followed whatever Vader told him for most part. Only when Vader turned on him trying to kill him that he got a mind of his own.
Spoiler

- Starkiller never had purpose and not did anything to improve the galaxy. Nothing memorable about him.
- His only stardom or fame was the outrageous force powers put in the force unleashed games although they destroyed canon and Vader's legacy. Throw out the door that Anakin had potential to be the most powerful and throw out mid-chorlians when Starkiller is owning Vader.

Please put one good thing Starkiller did for the galaxy? Name one thing other than false inspiration not of his making?

Spoiler

Rayla_Felana
07.29.2012 , 02:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post
First lets get this straight. Starkiller is over-rated and terrible character from a terrible game series period.
Oh my god the irony...

Wolfninjajedi
07.29.2012 , 03:24 PM | #25
Ok...not sure how game mechanics destroyed lore, but if you wanna go that way then the Kotor games destroyed lore too seeing as you could have whatever force power your heart desired and then spam them all the time. Same with the JK series....so, not sure how game mechanics destroy lore...they are there to have fun.

But no Galen isn't overrated, don't see why people are saying as such there are actual characters however that are actually overrated. IE: Revan for example, and another being Kyle(I guess he is more due to jokes though..does get tiring after awhile however...).

He isn't a terrible character either, thats your opinion not a fact just like everything else in media.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
07.29.2012 , 04:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post

So is Revan. Except for the terrible series part.

What did Starkiller accomplish? Absolutely nothing. He didn't conquer or save a galaxy. He wasn't a hero. He was a apprentice to Vader and was tricked into bringing the republci together, it wasn't his idea. He was just looking to be with Juno Eclipse.

His actions led to the salvation of the galaxy. Whether they were manipulated by Palps or not. To the rebels, he gave them hope and inspired them to fight.

Revan. Saved the galaxy a few times:
- Defeated Mandalorians invasion
Not alone, but he did lead the charge.
- Defeated his Sith Empire that he built himself in the Republic space
Revan's Sith Empire was an extension of the Emperors will. He only delayed the true Empire, but I understand what you mean.
- He slowed down the true Sith invasion of Republic for long time
The Star Forge was meant to hasten the approach of the Sith Empire. Destroying the Star Forge only kept the Empire on it's original schedule.
- Revan master both light and darkside.
No he did not. He only used both sides. Never did he master both.
- He Ruled as a leader of the Sith empire
He was never a ruler of the Sith Empire. As I said before, Revan's Empire was an extension of the true Empire. He had control over his forces, but he was never a leader of the Sith Empire.
- Sith Emperor thought alot of him to enforce him to take over republic space.
Revan was a means to an end. When the Emperor learned of the Star Forge, he saw Revan and Malak as tools to hasten the creation of his mighty armies. After Revan destroyed the Star Forge, the Emperor had to proceed with his original, which would take another three hundred years or so.
- He was tactical general for the republic
No argument there, but there isn't anything special about that.
- He made Jedi master
No he did not. At least I don't think so.
- He got the girl at the end
True, but so did Starkiller so this point is invalid.

Starkiller
- Lapdog who followed whatever Vader told him for most part. Only when Vader turned on him trying to kill him that he got a mind of his own.
Sure. Why don't you get raised from childhood by an evil Sith Lord and we'll see how you turn out. I don't blame Starkiller for following orders. Vader was a very strict "parent". If you did something wrong, you were punished. He followed orders to avoid punishment and to please his master.
Spoiler

Have you ever heard of sacrifice? He sacrificed himself to save the rebels and to continue the cause. Not only did his sacrifice save the rebels, but it also led to the salvation of the galaxy.
- Starkiller never had purpose and not did anything to improve the galaxy. Nothing memorable about him.
Started the rebellion. I guess forming the group that saves the galaxy is not memorable to you.
- His only stardom or fame was the outrageous force powers put in the force unleashed games although they destroyed canon and Vader's legacy. Throw out the door that Anakin had potential to be the most powerful and throw out mid-chorlians when Starkiller is owning Vader.

The outrageous Force powers started when Palpatine reappered in the galaxy. If you read up on some EU material, you would see that Vader also did some extreme stuff as well. Read the TFU novel and you will see that Vader was hardly concentrating on the fight.

Please put one good thing Starkiller did for the galaxy? Name one thing other than false inspiration not of his making?

That "False" inspiration led to the salvation of the galaxy. If it was sooo false, that would not have happened. He also killed Shaak Ti. That is no easy feat either.

Spoiler

He saved the galaxy twice. The first is legitamate because he stopped the Mandos. The second was not. If fact, he almost doomed the galaxy. Had it not been for Malaks foolishness and the risks the Jedi took, the Sith Empire would have dominated. But then Revan saved the galaxy, but only because of Malak and the Jedi. Revan would have destroyed the galaxy. You could even go so far as to say Malak saved the galaxy. If he had not attacked Revan's cruiser, Revan would have destroyed the Republic.
Just a few points up there in red. It seems to me that Starkiller did a whole lot more than you think.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GarfieldJL
07.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #27
To get serious, I considered Starkiller to be a much better charecter, and when one considers the legacy the two left behind, Starkiller actually accomplished something.

Yes Revan stopped the Mandolorians (with the help of the Exile), and took down Malek, but let's get real Revan was kinda responsible for the mess Malek caused. Revan failed to take down the Emperor, in fact he ended up being the Emperor's prisoner for about 300 years...

Starkiller went from being Vader's apprentice, a litle kid that Vader twisted into being a puppet with Vader being the puppet master, to singlehandedly starting the Rebellion the very same Rebel Alliance that took down Emperor Palpatine. Starkiller saved the fledgling Alliance.

Then Starkiller's clone (assuming it was a clone (due to all of Galen's near death experiences, for all we know it could be the original Galen)) escaped from Vader and went on a hunt to save Juno Eclipse. Vader made the mistake of not leaving things alone, which caused Galen to turn around and hand the Alliance a much needed victory, so that people would start thinking the Alliance would have a chance.

Revan fell to the darkside, Galen was trained to be a darksider and ultimately rejected it.

The problem for Revan if he faced Galen is that Revan is a brilliant tactician but tactical plans seem to be a waste of time when one has to take on Galen. Remember Galen had to take on brilliant tacticians completely on his own, General Kota is a good example.

Additionally we have Starkiller's rather unique way of arriving to rescue Juno, I seriously doubt Revan would ever be able to predict someone pulling something that crazy, much less actually surviving it.

LordRoth
07.30.2012 , 05:59 PM | #28
A lot of people don't like Starkiller because of how he was implimented into the greater SW story, ontop of how over the top his Force abilities are portrayed. To be quite honest, that's how I wish the Force had always been portrayed because it makes the SW movies and everything else seem tame.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer

epicfear
07.30.2012 , 06:03 PM | #29
Well, considering some of the things palpatine has done with the force (lookin at you, fleet that got wiped out by one force power) Starkiller's powers are rather limited in comparison. They are mostly basic force powers, only jumbo sized. Well, that or mind control in the sequel.

And what tactician would plan for a cruiser, followed by a sith running rampant in your base?
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Altredis
07.30.2012 , 06:34 PM | #30
Yea this fight would end in a draw, no way do I see one of them overcoming the other. They would just keep going at it for a long time. Revan would just plain use his experience and tactical advantage into outmanuvering Starkiller and bringing the pain to him. Then I just see Starkiller overpowering any obstacle Revan throws at him using his sheer power.

Thus I just see this fighting dragging out for a long freaking time.