No Gear Unless Ops in 5.1?

So do these changes mean that I can no longer earn higher tier gear unless I do operations?

Whereas before I could earn gear, though slower, by doing heroics, flashpoints, etc.?

Did I miss something about Galactic Command?

So do these changes mean that I can no longer earn higher tier gear unless I do operations?

Whereas before I could earn gear, though slower, by doing heroics, flashpoints, etc.?

Did I miss something about Galactic Command?

No, the GC is staying as it is, but they are giving Operation players, and PvP players another way to fill in the gaps when RNG is failing us.

The system stays as it is. They're just adding to it.

With 5.1 you then can get two kinds of token. One is dropped from command crates, one from either warzones or ops bosses. You need both to purchase gear. But the rest, earning cxp, levling up and getting a garbage bag for it, stays the same.

Dont worry you get to keep you wonderful system.

The drops from Operation are just an addition to the system. BUT if you will be rank 300 and will still be missing for example legs, headpiece or an implant you can get a group go do a NiM ops (based on the drop from last boss, each drops a specific piece) and get your specific missing piece.

That is the point of the change, to be able to get the piece you miss and are not getting even after 6 months of CXP grind.

Dont worry you get to keep you wonderful system.

The drops from Operation are just an addition to the system. BUT if you will be rank 300 and will still be missing for example legs, headpiece or an implant you can get a group go do a NiM ops (based on the drop from last boss, each drops a specific piece) and get your specific missing piece.

That is the point of the change, to be able to get the piece you miss and are not getting even after 6 months of CXP grind.

Now want to bet its going to be 234 and 240 set piece that you can get that way, and not 236/242 (from HM/NiM respectively) ?

Now want to bet its going to be 234 and 240 set piece that you can get that way, and not 236/242 (from HM/NiM respectively) ?

I didnt get to tier III yet, but if you are getting purple 230/234 in tier I and tier II and legendary 236 in tier II i guess you will be getting purple 238 in tier III, no?

I didnt get to tier III yet, but if you are getting purple 230/234 in tier I and tier II and legendary 236 in tier II i guess you will be getting purple 238 in tier III, no?

Nah, the tier is 240 for last tier purple, as you can see with the 51 mods for sales on GTN, and top BiS is 242 legendary.

Still, it remains, the purple or the legendary are going to be availaible with token?

Because if the top gear is only RNG still, they're staying with their retarded system.

The system stays as it is. They're just adding to it.

With 5.1 you then can get two kinds of token. One is dropped from command crates, one from either warzones or ops bosses. You need both to purchase gear. But the rest, earning cxp, levling up and getting a garbage bag for it, stays the same.

Ok. So to purchase higher gear than I can craft I have to do either Ops or PvP. Not a good change for me. :-(

Ok. So to purchase higher gear than I can craft I have to do either Ops or PvP. Not a good change for me. :-(

No it stays the same way it was for you: You endlessly grind CXP and hope that the Crates drop BIS gear. Which is theoretically possible the same way it is now...