5.0 dps requirements for hm ops

This is more of a post about what bosses in hm got a large bump up in dps check. I've run hm s+v and styrak didn't phase me on how much dps was needed, because of 4.0. What i thought was interesting was the dps needed to kill Gob'throk. From looking at raid dps in starparse it seems to me they bummed him up quiet a bit.

So my question is what are the bosses that got big bumps up in dps check and what is the required dps for them?

Just some bosses that I think some HM groups may struggle a bit with.

Brontes HM

Grobthok HM

Styrak HM

Stormcaller/Firebrand HM

Vorgath HM (Specifically the droid to get defusal kit)

Calphayus HM (Mass Affliction Add)

Torque HM

Hmm.... until now I got the impression, that HM Content got easier. Yesterday we killed Brontes HM without second hand's shield. Our healers were able to heal through 10-12 stacks. I don't remember many DF HM runs in 4.0 with BiS-Gear where it was easier. And acutally most of us had 50% old gear. We were also able to 5-dps-styrak hm some weeks ago with even lower gear.

So, in my opinion there are three options: 1. We got better than back in 4.0; 2. The Op's got nerfed; 3. You got worse. :D

I prefer number one, however the first-week nim-brontes lockouts by failure & co are supporting number two. Maybe you should not enter HM's undergeared and expect to one-shot bosses (except of writtening horror & calphayus).

DPS-Requirments for HM-Ops: 5.500-6.500. Not more than 10-20% more than back in 4.0. Of course, at some bosses it's harder to make dps. But having 6.500 dps all over the boss fight must finish most challenges. Compared to the 9.500 DPS-Barrier with max-gear, that's a bad joke.

I like it when people poo poo the Styrak HM DPS check while saying that they easily 5 DPS'd it.

I would agree that for NiM and legitimate HM guilds there is nothing in HM currently that should be overly taxing, but how many of those types of groups are really left? The bulk of the people that will be trying to push through HM this tier will be the same crew that struggled with it last tier, and really only got clears of most of it in 3.0. This group of folks finds it very easy to say that content is overtuned, and write it off to needing gear rather than turning on Starparse and looking inward.

I understand the optimal stats say most classes should be in the 9000 range, but honestly how many of the groups in 5.0 pushing HM are going to be doing optimal DPS?

As far as numbers you posted, while 6,500 may be more accurate for most fights, you are certainly not killing Grobthok with 4 DPS at 5,500.

The bosses I listed MOST groups are going to struggle with.

As far as numbers you posted, while 6,500 may be more accurate for most fights, you are certainly not killing Grobthok with 4 DPS at 5,500.

The bosses I listed MOST groups are going to struggle with.

You certainly wont our 4 dps ran 8.2, 8, 8 and 6 when we killed Grobthok 2 nights ago and he was enraging as we killed him.

The Nim bosses don't feel properly buffed from what little I have seem of them so far, my feeling is they have basically been nerfed quite a bit but the peeps that have ran them all again will be better able to comment on that

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

You certainly wont our 4 dps ran 8.2, 8, 8 and 6 when we killed Grobthok 2 nights ago and he was enraging as we killed him.

Too much AoE and not enough single target-dps. Let your dps look up there parses: Noone has done more then 6.000 dps on Grob'thok.

Edited by Exocor

Well adds that come out have to die, you cant just ignore them part of overall dps requirement of fight surely?

Anyway my dps was over 7k on grobthok and under 1k on adds so one of us at least was over 7k on him :). I am not interested enough to get peeps to check logs anymore as its not exactly the first time we cleared this

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

Well adds that come out have to die, you cant just ignore them part of overall dps requirement of fight surely?

Anyway my dps was over 7k on grobthok and under 1k on adds so one of us at least was over 7k on him :). I am not interested enough to get peeps to check logs anymore as its not exactly the first time we cleared this

if that were the case then your the only one in swtor currently hitting over 7k on him, the highest atm on parsely is 6635.32 who also hit a total of 14336.86 with ads included.

though i would say upload it to the leaderboards be interested to see if you are doing what you claim :)

Actually you can ignore the adds for the most part. Both his shout and the fire will damage them, so healers should either kite them through fire to kill them, or drag them to the boss so the tank can pick them up. If the tank picks them up, they can also be killed via rotational dotspread without losing boss dps.

Hmm.... until now I got the impression, that HM Content got easier. Yesterday we killed Brontes HM without second hand's shield. Our healers were able to heal through 10-12 stacks. I don't remember many DF HM runs in 4.0 with BiS-Gear where it was easier. And acutally most of us had 50% old gear. We were also able to 5-dps-styrak hm some weeks ago with even lower gear.

So, in my opinion there are three options: 1. We got better than back in 4.0; 2. The Op's got nerfed; 3. You got worse. :D

I prefer number one, however the first-week nim-brontes lockouts by failure & co are supporting number two. Maybe you should not enter HM's undergeared and expect to one-shot bosses (except of writtening horror & calphayus).

DPS-Requirments for HM-Ops: 5.500-6.500. Not more than 10-20% more than back in 4.0. Of course, at some bosses it's harder to make dps. But having 6.500 dps all over the boss fight must finish most challenges. Compared to the 9.500 DPS-Barrier with max-gear, that's a bad joke.

Even with 5 dps, we've hit enrage on styrak just after killing the resurrected dragon with:

2@7.4k

8,2k (bugged decept sin)

Also had one of our healer at 1k dps, and the tank pulled overall 2.5k, he's the sole one on the low side.

We pushed the phase to dragon just before the 4th ghost as well.

so no, 5.5 to 6.5k per dps won't clear all HMs. Haven't run it since the 1st week of 5.0, but even "easy" HM KP required people to pull an effective 6.5k on the final boss, and that was 1-tanking it, if I recall well.

so no, 5.5 to 6.5k per dps won't clear all HMs. Haven't run it since the 1st week of 5.0, but even "easy" HM KP required people to pull an effective 6.5k on the final boss, and that was 1-tanking it, if I recall well.

My experience on KP HM last boss is, when I solo tanked it and had 4k+ tank DPS(reflect FTW), 5 DPS needed to pull around 5.5k per person. The enrage timer is 6:20 as far as I know and it has a bit above 12mill HP. As I see it, at level 70 pulling 5.5k DPS is not impossible even in 220 set. But again this is KP HM, the second easiest one, so the minimum to pull should be in better than 224 gear is 6-7k IMO. With that numbers, most of the bosses will go down, except the typical DPS check bosses.

if that were the case then your the only one in swtor currently hitting over 7k on him, the highest atm on parsely is 6635.32 who also hit a total of 14336.86 with ads included.

though i would say upload it to the leaderboards be interested to see if you are doing what you claim :)

check the second, third etc.. you'll see its completely possible to do more than 7k on grobby, doesn't mean if you're on the top that you also had the highest boss dps :)

lol the tor forums these days

Actually you can ignore the adds for the most part. Both his shout and the fire will damage them, so healers should either kite them through fire to kill them, or drag them to the boss so the tank can pick them up. If the tank picks them up, they can also be killed via rotational dotspread without losing boss dps.

Always just killed em :) Well apart from the nightmare buff nim version obvs cause hitting them was silly and painful

http://parsely.io/parser/view/228739/0

Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge: 8228.93 DPS

what was that about 7k?

Always just killed em :) Well apart from the nightmare buff nim version obvs cause hitting them was silly and painful

Nope, hitting them back then was totally fine. GETTING hit on the other hand...

One of the most fun bosses to tank in the entire game imo. Back when running away from the ughnauts was still a thing.

My static killed HM Styrak today: 6 DPS, 1 tank, 1 heal. We all have mostly 240 gear.

Back in 4.0 we were able to kill Styrak in 220-224 with "regular" group composition.

my static did styrak hm on 2nd or 3rd day aftter 5.0 hit live(pre-acess), with 6+1+1 combo with 224 gear - what numbers did u run on SP?