Over 100% acc, still missing

MelliMelon

Hey, I know that my secondary weapon doesn't have 100% acc, but I was attacking the training dummy, and even my mainhand hits were missing ("dodge"). Do operations dummies have a high passive defensive stat? I didn't know they did?

For operations, should I stack higher than 100% accuracy?

Operation bosses (and as such Operation dummies) have 10% defence to M/R attacks.

You say you have 100% accuracy, do you mean the tool tip Ranged accuracy? If you mouse over it you will see that special attacks have 10% more (base of 100%) and the only attack that has base of 90% is flurry of bolts. You would need 20% to bring that up to unmissable levels and that is just a waste of rating. As long as your special ranged attacks are at 110% you should not miss.

Also how many Ranged v Tech attacks do you use.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

i'm assuming that only your flurry of bolts was missing?

i'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but from what i understand, it works like this:

raid bosses have 10% defense rating

basic attacks (flurry of bolts, hammershot, saber strike, etc.) have 90% accuracy, but other ranged/melee attacks actually have 100% like tech/force attacks (even though they're listed together in the character panel tooltip)

the reason you still need 10% accuracy for ranged attacks is to account for that 10% defense rating, but unless you have 120% ranged accuracy, flurry of bolts will always have a chance to miss.

was another attack missing aside from flurry of bolts?

i'm assuming that only your flurry of bolts was missing?

i'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but from what i understand, it works like this:

raid bosses have 10% defense rating

basic attacks (flurry of bolts, hammershot, saber strike, etc.) have 90% accuracy, but other ranged/melee attacks actually have 100% like tech/force attacks (even though they're listed together in the character panel tooltip)

the reason you still need 10% accuracy for ranged attacks is to account for that 10% defense rating, but unless you have 120% ranged accuracy, flurry of bolts will always have a chance to miss.

was another attack missing aside from flurry of bolts?

I would agree here, but the bosses only have 8% defense chance. (And yes, every attack but your flurry of bolts will count your tech accuracy).

So, with 108% tech accuracy on my sniper the only attack that is dodged is rifle shot. It's the same on my smuggler but the offhand misses quite a bit. The offhand missing is fine though.