So. Ninjas yea?

I have always utterly and despised people who needed on items they can not possibly use and win them. only to sell them rather than a person who could use it get it.

First Esseles run:Sentinal ninjas my chest piece

Second run:Sage ninjas my boots

No other troopers were in the group except me.

Are these people brain dead or something? Or using it for their companions? Hell If I know but This is really annoying me. I've sent a ticket and I doubt i'll get anything but the "OH THANKS FOR REPORTING THIS PERSON BUT SCREW YOU" macro'd response.

Ugh. Just hate

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get used to it. I know it sucks but it happens ALL THE TIME.

Sad thing is people are gonna start posting here trying to defend that stuff...

I want to change the rolls to 1-49 for greed, 50-100 for need, 75-100 for class specific need rolls (assassin rolling for a double lightsaber, sniper rolling for a sniper rifle etc...) and 50-100 for all others. At least give us a better chance at getting an item we actually NEED over some idiot rolling need on an item he wants

Edited by Athena-Nike

I've called people out for this. I asked a Shadow why he needed on a piece that my GS actually needed. He said he needed it for Theran. So then I nicely explained to him that need is for self and greed is for companions. Otherwise if you need it ask.

I hate with a passion when people do that non sense.

Instant votekick and /ignore. People vote for kicking ninjas in 99.9% occasions. At that point the guy can enjoy his 15-minute lockout, then rot in a long queue as DPS (since tank and healer ninjas are infinitely more rare, and I usually occupy one of those roles anyway).

Yep...watch people pour in to defend needing on everything. Self-centered people will spout out any sort of BS that springs to their mind in order to "justify" themselves(or convince themselves that it's acceptable even if, at the back of their mind, they know it's not). The worst people I've come across need on an item they can't use, then try to sell it to their teammate. Disgusting.

As someone already posted, vote kick and ignore these people. There's no reason to put up with them.

Edited by Radzkie

Yep...watch people pour in to defend needing on everything. Self-centered people will do anything to try to "justify" themselves(or convince themselves that it's acceptable even if, at the back of their mind, they know it's wrong). The worst people I've come across need on an item they can't use, then try to sell it to their teammate. Disgusting.

As someone already posted, vote kick and ignore these people. There's no reason to put up with them.

Excellent candidate for the ignore list, it seems. Good thing you don't get matched with them in group finder, while they're still on the list.

I think I've gotten really lucky with FP groups most of the time because I usually don't have problems with ninjas, but I had the exact same experience as the OP yesterday.

I was tanking SM Taral V on my Vanguard and after downing the first boss, an Aim shield dropped. I needed on it but so did the other two Sages in the group, one of whom won the shield.

I demanded to know why they had needed on the shield in the first place since their class can't even use shields and the sage that won the roll replied that he didn't know what the heck he was doing and was just following the lead of the other sage in the group.

OK...fine...how you could get to level 30 something and not know what your class uses is beyond me, but I explained that you only roll need on items you can use and greed on everything else.

The sentinel in our group piped in also asking why the sages had needed on the shield. The other sage (who had also rolled need but hadn't won the shield) typed "Well I rolled need because I wanted to give it to Qyzen".... At this point I was about to lose my temper so I asked the sage who had won the roll to trade me the shield. He typed, " oh I guess teammates come first before companions?" and did nothing.

I waited for a few more seconds then to told them to L2P and that if they wanted to ninja stuff they could go find themselves another tank.

If you are DPS it is in your best interest not ninja stuff from the tank, because if he gets pissed and leaves group or vote kicks you, he can find another group or DPS right away....whereas a DPS has to sit in queue for another millennia lol

Add Jessicalife and Fatk to the list of ninjas in this game.

Edited by kustrin

i mostly group up with my lvl 17 Sorcerer or lvl19 Juggernaut and i notice this alot at those levels, does it get more or less common at higher levels? I ran BT with a Lvl 50 player who basically just ran through BT like it wasn't there and passed on pretty much everything. I asked if he wanted anything to let me know, and he said he didn't need anything you could get outside of pvp these days. Thoughts? Stuff like this hammers home how little i know of SWTOR and mmos and how much more i have to learn.

I make sure to cover a few things when I start a new group, almost out of habit.

First we cover if everyone knows what their stats are. As in, is there a Guardian in party wearing Aim gear just because he saw "heavy" and put it on. Once I know the players are wearing what they're supposed to be wearing...

We cover the Need vs Greed on rolls. As many have already stated, "Need" is only for your class, and if its an upgrade to what you already have. Greed on pretty much everything else. When it comes to Companion gear, I don't mind if they Need sometimes, so long as they ask first. The thing people don't realize, is you have plenty of time to make a decision. Nobody should be looting at all until after the mobs are dead. Then when you see something you might want to Need on... ask about it. The keyboard does more than move your toon, it makes words too!

If anyone has a problem with either of those rules, then one of two things will happen. Either that person will leave and be replaced. Or I will switch to Master Loot and nobody gets to ninja anything from anyone.

i mostly group up with my lvl 17 Sorcerer or lvl19 Juggernaut and i notice this alot at those levels, does it get more or less common at higher levels? I ran BT with a Lvl 50 player who basically just ran through BT like it wasn't there and passed on pretty much everything. I asked if he wanted anything to let me know, and he said he didn't need anything you could get outside of pvp these days. Thoughts? Stuff like this hammers home how little i know of SWTOR and mmos and how much more i have to learn.

A bit less common IMO. People at low levels are happy to irritate others, but ignoring tanks and healers at higher levels tends to add tremendously to your time chilling in a queu. It DOES happen but more often than not its negligible.

Worst I've seen was a guy who said he was in the game to win it and didn't give two ***** about anyone else. he wanted it for his comp because it looked cool thus he needed it and said the above and that, since he hates doing stuff with other people he should be ALLOWED to need on gear not for him on the off chance it will give him an advantage.../kick /whisperwhyheisanidiot /ignore

Happened to me on a couple of occasions. I've occasionally been guilty of misreading something - seeing a stat and going need, then realising its medium. If that happens then all you can do is apologise and hope nobody else needed.

However, I've noticed an increasing number of people on my server (Red Eclipse) using need on everything. So much so that the majority of flashpoints I run end up in at least one person in the group shouting at another member for taking kit they shouldn't.

Maybe I've been fortunate but I haven't seen anything ninja'ed in a long time until recently, a warrior needed on a willpower piece only because he was a new player and didn't know any better until we politely explained roll etiquette to him. When I started MMOs years ago I did the same thing until folks clued me in.

Otherwise yeah just /ignore them and move on.

Edited by Projawa

a warrior needed on a willpower piece only because he was a new player and didn't know any better until we politely explained roll etiquette to him.

This. I was doing a Heroic on Coruscant and a Sentinel Needed on a Cunning Implant. When I asked why, the answer was "I don't have anything in my Implant slots yet, so I need it, don't I?". It was a F2Per and obviously not very experienced one, so I explained and we moved on. Sometimes people are really just unaware, and thus there should be a place for the benefit of the doubt - especially on low level planets.

that sucks, i pass on hm fp drops most of the time cause i cant stand that cr@p sitting in my bags for 2 hours

and tbh sometimes people just don't get it, another officer invited a Merc to the guild a few weeks back so we carried him through HM EC to get some gear. On the puzzle we figured out hes specced arsenal but using combustible gas cylinder. While waiting to pull kephess i inspected him and he was wearing Strength Implants... i can only imagine what his skill tree looks like

Edited by wetslampigduex

For some people this is their first MMO. At low levels try explaining how this need and greed thing works. In the first couple of FP the ninjas are alot more common than in the later FP, so some of the ninjas probably do so because they dont know better.

This is why I try to avoid low level flashpoints alltogether. These kinds of things happen a lot less when you're running a HM flashpoints.

I've seen tanks who were dps spec'ed, I've seen Commando dps's join as healer because it's faster to get a group, I've seen sentinels in Willpower light armor with Cunning gear mixed in between, and heck I even saw a level 22 trooper! Not a commando or vanguard, a level 22 trooper!!

I understand that it takes time for new players to understand and learn the rules, and most of the time I'm a calm person who tries to explain things. But I've seen so many idiots (sorry to say that) and at the end I lost my will to struggle with all those things. Now I'm leveling a Shadow tank and nope, I won't be doing any low level flashpoints.

It's fine to ask the group if you want something for a companion. If everyone is fine with that, you take it and give it to your beloved Qyzen. But please try to remember that those other 3 people are not there to gear up your companions.

:mad:

Sort of related: What about needing on crafting schematics or materials in operations? Is it okay to need on a schematic that's for my profession but creates an item that's of no use to myself? Or materials for an item I can't make myself but could hire a crafter to make for me?

Sort of related: What about needing on crafting schematics or materials in operations? Is it okay to need on a schematic that's for my profession but creates an item that's of no use to myself? Or materials for an item I can't make myself but could hire a crafter to make for me?

Just make sure everyone knows you have that profession. I will need it if I'm the only one with that profession in the group. Happens quite often with BioChem and less so with CyberTech or Armormech.

So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?

So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?

You do have the option to break something down instead of selecting need If all you want is a part or component. But some people actually need the actual piece as an upgrade so why deprive them of that for a part or piece that is usually obtainable by questing or class story quests?