Server Queuing Agony

djemotion

I have to say firstly well done as this MMO is as polished as an MMO gets on launch. However i have to stress my concerns over the queue times already experienced by players. With the game not even launched and queue times already in excess of an hour on some servers, are we to fear the worst on launch day? I understand that on launch that most MMO's result to queueing for servers but have Bioware done the maths when it comes to pre-orders and server population or can we expect server miggration imminently?

That said im not going back to my queue only 500 log offs to go.

See ya all on the dark side :D

I have to say firstly well done as this MMO is as polished as an MMO gets on launch. However i have to stress my concerns over the queue times already experienced by players. With the game not even launched and queue times already in excess of an hour on some servers, are we to fear the worst on launch day? I understand that on launch that most MMO's result to queueing for servers but have Bioware done the maths when it comes to pre-orders and server population or can we expect server miggration imminently?

That said im not going back to my queue only 500 log offs to go.

See ya all on the dark side :D

I completely agree here. Waiting for a 1hour and 10 minute queue is NOT good. Especially as the game as not yet got live for retail.

I am impressed with the game thus far, with a bit of fine polishing, can knock wow off the top block. BUTTTT..( There is always a bit butt, and I am glad its not mine), long queue times will send ppl straight back to wow you will start to loose ppl fast.

PLEASE PLEASE, have a look at server capacity and do something to reduce these ridiculously long queues .

Edited by Pheneom

the same here. the server my character is on has a 1hr 10min wait right now (the rest arent much better). unfortunately i don't have time to wait. shame.

oh well it has to get better before my 30 days runs out as i won't be paying a tenner a month to wait for an hour each time i want to play.

fingers crossed as this is looking like it will be the best game ever. it would just be nice to be able to log on and play it...

Lets hope that they read this and we get more ppl to reply to comments, in a constructive way. But if it continues and gets worse passed release day. BW is going to be loosing ppl left right and center.

Where will they go? Back to WoW.

What will blizzard do? LAUGH at BW. So please, before Christmas. Sort out these queues before it gets too late to do anything about.

Sitting in queue atm :) My guess is they've left the pop caps lower than they actually can, then will release new servers on launch to fill up -> Then increase the caps very slightly to reduce queues?

Aion Servers at launch were ridiculously queued, then after two weeks of play the queues just sensationally disappeared, whilst leaving nicely populated servers. Rather a queue for a bit than an empty server a year down the line (*cough*WoW*cough*)

I am sure the severs are scalable and can handle launch volumes, I bet they have a lot of logging and admin features running reducing performance as they collect data and evaluate potential risks etc.

Consider early access as an extended beta test - it is an awesome strategy we can't really complain about performance or queues to much since we aren't paying a sub yet - they don't need to start adding hardware etc right now even if launch is challenging on the servers initially it would be foolish to invest in more servers or added hardware in an attempt to reduce launch pains when the load isn't indicative of a standard loads which I am sure they are more than adequately prepared for.

we'll see but don't over analyze early access - the game hasn't launched just yet. I fully agree that once we start paying to play we should expect to have a certain level of performance and access to the game and if that expectation is not met we have every right to complain about the level of service we are being provided.

/end rant

Extended or not, they knew how many preorders of the game that was out there. So capping the servers as low as they did, is by all means allowed to be critisised. So if they are scalable, some admins must be sitting with a funny taste, doing a poor job like this!

Look if there is only an hour queue at early start adn first week, i view it is a success. what i dont like though is having been queued for 4 hours now to get intot he server the company assigned my guild and me to. THAt is unacceptable, compounded by the only response being move.

I am having similar issues, I will be paying for the retail copy then a subscription each month.

You assigned me to this server as well as my guildies so I was hoping you would manage the population a little more rigidly, If this is going to be the norm your going to find a lot of angry players. Create more servers now and offer migration to them and enforce population limits to keep the queues down or upgrade current servers.

I can understand this being a issue for a few weeks but I hope it calms down or you have a plan to sort it because I wont stand for hour + wait times.

I just want to stay i am really loving the game. I am so drawn into the story aspect i didnt think it was possible! And the look an feel makes me believe im a star wars character! Thank you for that. However, I am currently 1200 in the Q and have been Qing for an hour already! Every English server is full a I right this! The server I have been placed on has q's any time of day. I full expect to be Qing during the 1st weeks. But as it stands I will be Qing for 3.5 hours just to get on. Very unhappy really as the game is so good I just want to be able to play on the server I was placed.

Honestly not happy that the other day your replies were "choose another server or come back later". I can't come back later. . . . That will be 1 in the morning and I can't choose another server as my guild is on the one with a 3.5 hour Q an bot by our choice.

I tried to warn people of some of the easily predicted queue problems. The Swiftsure is the unofficial oceanic pvp server. It's status has been well communicated and already it has a large queue and we are still in the "early access" period. I shudder to think how long it will get once we are past early access and more people start picking up the game. This could have been easily managed with an oceanic tag, as wow uses. We requested this as a community and were ignored. I thought this must be because the servers could scale to handle very large populations but so far this does not appear to be the case. Instead, it's going exactly as predicted: large queues and they will only get longer.

I was personally under the impression the que times were due in part to attempted server balancing if this is not the case then I am sad. Very sad, also getting 1-3 second of input lag in warzones without cast bars showing : /. Makes pvp a pretty non viable option all together for me, whilst also being on lowest settings, with 20 latency.

I totally agree, its a great game but seriously if i have to wait for up to an hour everytime im gonna play it, it wont last long until i shelf this game. Never seen anything like this EVER in an MMORPG.

And as im writing im down to number 482 in queue and still waiting! Woho! *not* :mad: