Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a female smuggler, but I just couldn't stand Corso's chauvinism. Throughout Ord Mantell he had no problem killing men in cold blood because they wronged him, but you shoot a woman for similar reasons and he acts like you're some kind of monster. He thinks women are all innocent, fragile creatures that need him to protect them. Dear 1950s, I think you left someone here. Please take him back.

My female SI seems to have the bug with Andronikos someone mentioned earlier, as he stopped talking to me a long time ago. I hadn't planned on romancing him in any case, as I found his character rather bland. He's basically Dragon Age's Oghren, in both voice and personality, but without the drunken shenanigans. In other words, without the part that made Oghren fun and stand out as a character. Instead he's left being the boring "Rrrr, let's start a fight and kill people for fun!" archetype I've seen too many times. Maybe he gets fleshed out more and becomes interesting the more you talk to him, but as I said he's giving me the silent treatment, and I'm ok with that.

I would have liked to try romancing Talos, though. His boundless enthusiasm for uncovering lost history was fun. Sadly, I could not.

I finally got Andronikos to start talking to me, I got like 5 quests in a row. So, I went from dating to "lets get married" in about 5 minutes -_- Ruined it for me.

Really though, Andronikos is very.... meh. Very unattractive customization kits, too.

And I will totally agree about Talos. He is by far my favorite companion and I wish he was romancable. Once, I asked him if he were flirting with me and he was like "oh no! never!" and I cried a little inside :p I just pretend he's gay.

I just hit 50 with my SI tonight and I'm feeling kind of cheated. She met so many men through out her story and could only flirt with ..... 3. Bleh. That's soooo not how I would roll.

Does anyone know if there are any screenshots of Doc's customizations anywhere? I've looked and can't find any. Probably because the game is so new still.

Hoping patch 2.0 comes soon (I'm hoping that's when they add more companions and add same-gender relationships, anyway). :p

Risha... she may get jealous, but she gets my lifestyle, Im a smuggler that has to sleep with 2 women every planet or i get bored. She didnt say anything when I slept with the friend on Taris or the vapid senator's daughter on Nar Shadaa or the governor or etc. etc. flirt with every woman i meet and have women fight over me.

that vapid girl on Nar Shadaa from the pleasure boat was GREAT dialogue... "but you didnt say goodbye", "bye, there, i just said it" and when i tell her to run to her room where I would come for her and bring her a bunch of presents and she runs off and I hop ship off tattoine. (corso, the little whiny dork didnt like that, so i ditched him for the wookie and have been happy ever since

She just gets me. Im a man that can't stick with only 1 woman. A wanderer and a roamer.

Though i do wish my female imperial agent and Kaliyo had done something, I mean seriously how is she not bi- at the least. Im sure she would be kind of freaky.

Corso and Quinn are the most annoyingly whiny companions. Always tell clanmates to ditch them if we are going in a party smaller than 4. They whine like little kids about everything. Don't know why people like the romance with them, when they should be pining after a real man, like the wookie.

Sleeping with Jaesa while married to vette seems interesting, just boring to play sith warrior, as only thing fun is the story.

Edited by Kesh_

Does anyone know if there are any screenshots of Doc's customizations anywhere? I've looked and can't find any. Probably because the game is so new still.

Hoping patch 2.0 comes soon (I'm hoping that's when they add more companions and add same-gender relationships, anyway). :p

I've also been looking for pics of Doc's customization, as well as pics of Andronikus Revel's and Felix Iresso's customizations. I've found pics of cutomizations for all the others.

Also, Vette is adorable. I hope they add a same-sex romance option for her. Otherwise, I might have to play a male Sith Warrior. :S

Edited by Supervillainess

I'm a woman running a Male Marauder which puts Quinn out of reach, thankfully. The visual eye-candy and sexy voice is enough of a distraction as it is. Two guys, out doing the Imperial good deed, but one does sometimes feel a little flustered...

Thx BW for making a few hot toon options, the one I'm playing along with Quinn. About time someone catered to us ladies.

I haven't started a romance yet as none of the female companions appeal to me, though if I had to pick it would likely be Vette over Miss Dark and Hateful. Do I wait for the same gender option companions to be installed? Dunno. I'm wishy washy about that but glad they are providing it for those interested in all fairness. Glad they are not changing the existing companions as its more true to life that sometimes you hold a secret crush for someone who doesn't or can't return the sentiment. It just adds to the tension I think hehe.

I guess I will stick tight to Quinn's side for now and be grateful he's too wrapped up in the Empire to notice what I really think. :p

Edited by Reil

My only real question would be, if/when they add these same-sex romance options, what happens if you're already in a romantic entanglement with another companion? Can you ditch them for the new one?

If not, I'm afraid to explore the stories of the "romanceable" characters very much. :confused:

Haven't experienced them all, but Akaavi for the Smuggler takes the cake so far in my book.

Strong Mandalorian woman with some of the better lore related dialogue in the game.

I've tried Mako's, didn't like it. Took too long to build up and then felt rushed at the end.

Jaesa's was just funny.

Edited by Jasuk

As a female Knight, I'm really enjoying the fact that my romance option does not look at a woman who spent the first several minutes after they met cuisinart-ing through colicoids and collapsing cave walls with her mind, and say "Obviously, what you need is a MAN to protect you and make you feel safe!" Doc is motivated by a desire to be a hero, but he leaves the *physical* heroism to my Knight. That's an unusual state of affairs, and I like it.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I had an embarassingly huge crush on KotOR's Carth Onasi, but his chronic white-knight syndrome, especially as directed toward one of the most powerful Jedi in history, was more of a bug than a feature in a lot of ways.

I think the Vette/Sith Warrior Romance works rather well if you're lightsided.

I'm just playing as this sarcastic guy who was born in the Empire, but does his own thing. This usually has me sabotaging the Empire from within and being sarcastic to Lord Fatass, I mean Baras.

Vette is my favorite so far. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, and is charming with her humor. It's an interesting fit given my character is mainly Dark Side.

I didn't plan on it at first, when I got Jaesa to go DS I figured she would be the one I would romance in the end. But after experiencing Vette's side quest and the dialogue. Her character stuck to me more. She is cheerful and isn't afraid to speak her mind compared to Jaesa, who pretty much is your loyal,near-boot-licking, "wretch" (as noted early on). Eventually, I started being much nicer compared to the brute I had going early on. I began to make LS decisions that I wouldn't have thought of doing early on. When I got the mail from her friends early on saying how nice of a Sith I was, and then mentioned that maybe Vette had something to do with it. That actually stuck with me for a long time. I was still largely Dark Side, but she did soften my brutishness (if only slightly:D)

I also liked the fact that she didn't warm up to me until later on, it made the relationship much more endearing to me. It was meaningful, unlike the relationship with Jaesa.

All in all, I'm a lvl 44 Marauder who is happily married to Vette. I love the lettters I keep getting from her every so often. I'm curious to see how BW continues these storylines in future content. Jaesa is furious with me after breaking off the fling when I married Vette. With Jaesa never being keen on her anyway, I feel that eventually this will end in a fight over my character. THAT would be an interesting story to see unfold. I'm curious if the other classes have these kinds of tension with their companions.

As a female Knight, I'm really enjoying the fact that my romance option does not look at a woman who spent the first several minutes after they met cuisinart-ing through colicoids and collapsing cave walls with her mind, and say "Obviously, what you need is a MAN to protect you and make you feel safe!" Doc is motivated by a desire to be a hero, but he leaves the *physical* heroism to my Knight. That's an unusual state of affairs, and I like it.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I had an embarassingly huge crush on KotOR's Carth Onasi, but his chronic white-knight syndrome, especially as directed toward one of the most powerful Jedi in history, was more of a bug than a feature in a lot of ways.

That was a really good description of him =) Just left Balmora with my JK and I must say I really like Doc. I like the way he trusts my JK to be able to handle things.

Well I think I have just to many Alts now :( as for romance my IA wanted Aristocra being a Chiss herself it clicked >.> Darn you Bioware for not putting more of him in the game.

My JK kinda like Doc but was sad she couldn't get Pharen or Watcher One, so far My trooper and my JC had yet to get Lt Iresso as my companion but as soon as i get him i'm changing his appearance, he look like he had his head squished. My trooper is definetly going to go for Jorgan I mean look at him and his voice teehee.

I LOVE my BH's Torian even if it a bit off putting that he has Ichigo Voice Actor, but that is just a minor thing, plus he a Mandalorian :3 and speaks Mando'ade to you

I actually have a question about the romances. Is it possible for them to open later, or if you don't flirt early on, are you screwed?

I'm playing the Knight, and I didn't want my character to start flirting the first chance he got... wanted it to open up later. I'm in act 3, though, with about 8k affection with Kira, and it seems like I've missed my chance. Will I have one last opportunity to unlock the romance in act 3, or am I screwed at that point?

I actually have a question about the romances. Is it possible for them to open later, or if you don't flirt early on, are you screwed?

I'm playing the Knight, and I didn't want my character to start flirting the first chance he got... wanted it to open up later. I'm in act 3, though, with about 8k affection with Kira, and it seems like I've missed my chance. Will I have one last opportunity to unlock the romance in act 3, or am I screwed at that point?

I would post this question in the Jedi Knight-forum, perhaps someone over there knows anything. Keeping fingers crossed that you will be able to get the relationship going.

Not a companion but.. DARTH LACHRIS. She's got the power thing.

No but really I think I'm growing fond of Mako, just because she agrees with most of my actions and I don't feel like I should avoid something because she'll hate me. Like punching those Alderaanian jerks, she was all for that.

Please tell me Gault is romanceable for Female bounty hunter, he seems like such a fun guy to start a relationship with.

For some reason I have this idea that Gault either is a romance option for Female BH, or he is going to turn out to be gay. I just can't see Gault NOT being an romance option!

Also, am I the only one jealous of the Sith Warrior with his/her harem of romances. If what I read is correct 4/5 characters is romanceable! While everyone else mostly only got 2/5 and that is one for each gender, while the SW has 2 for each gender! Seems unfair to me.

It's close, but so far, preferring the Male Consular romance, because it's such a glorious trainwreck in progress and so wrong on so many levels. If Anakin had been a girl, and had a thing for Obi-Wan... this is how it starts.

I am now blaming my relationship with my padawan on you.

Also, am I the only one jealous of the Sith Warrior with his/her harem of romances. If what I read is correct 4/5 characters is romanceable! While everyone else mostly only got 2/5 and that is one for each gender, while the SW has 2 for each gender! Seems unfair to me.

The male sith warrior gets two fully romanceable companions. Their biggest concern is whether they want to marry Vette or Jaesa or both :| Female, on the other hand, gets one fully romanceable companion and one they can have a quick roll in the hay with. Their biggest concern is

being stuck with a husband who tries to kill her; who may or may not have ever loved her at all.

Totally unfair~!

Edited by grania

The male sith warrior gets two fully romanceable companions. Their biggest concern is whether they want to marry Vette or Jaesa or both :| Female, on the other hand, gets one fully romanceable companion and one they can have a quick roll in the hay with. Their biggest concern is

being stuck with a husband who tries to kill her; who may or may not have ever loved her at all.

Totally unfair~!

What you don't like Lieutenant Pierce or something?

Who said I didn't? He's only a one night stand though.

Indeed. Only reason I never pursued him, but I would have...thankfully you can tell Quinn your relationship is over. I hope BW respects that with future content patches/expansions...and if I ever get the opportunity, I will kill Malavai.