TIO identifies possible location for third secret boss

Its not about butt hurt, its about people coming on the forums making false claims. If someone got a kill first that's great however I wished they would post it on the progression forums. I know what we have currently isn't the best but the more competition in the game the better. Its just annoying when some random person who is not even in the supposed guild shows up on the forums with zero proof claiming someone else killed it first. Its not about butt hurt, its about ignorance and annoyance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about butt hurt, its about people coming on the forums making false claims. If someone got a kill first that's great however I wished they would post it on the progression forums. I know what we have currently isn't the best but the more competition in the game the better. Its just annoying when some random person who is not even in the supposed guild shows up on the forums with zero proof claiming someone else killed it first. Its not about butt hurt, its about ignorance and annoyance.

This sums up my feelings pretty nicely. Znihilist, I know you may believe that someone on your server killed Hateful Entity, but what I believe is that you're mistaken and are continuing to push your misinformation out. Any guild capable of killing Hateful would be on the cutting edge of Operations content, and would have a much stronger forum presence in order to network and hear/read about what other top-end guilds are doing. If there's one thing that is true about human nature, its that we like to flaunt our accomplishments. What seems much more likely is that this mystery guild you're referring to has killed Dreadful Entity, not Hateful.

As for the topic at hand, TIO may have identified a potential location where the next bonus boss will spawn, however they will not succeed at pulling it at this time, for the simple fact that it hasn't yet been added into the game. During Severity's quest to pull and kill Hateful, we took an indepth look at some of the game files for the instance concerning NPC data, abilities, and spawn conditions. The fact of the matter is, no files like these exist for the new instance. If this controversial post had come during a nightmare tier, I might have been 'butthurt' because I didn't get to pull it and kill it first. But, because the last boss came with a nightmare tier and required a nightmare instance, I still believe this post to be a hoax. Additionally, the lack of feedback from the original poster makes it seems like someone wanted to stir up a little drama.

I am guilty of one thing only which is making a claim without backing it up, I agree and I will not argue it further.

However, the original poster said the following:

"Hey guys I think we have seen a possible new secret boss, but we are not very sure. But we will work on it and come back with more proof but first we wanted to alert community".

Most people on the thread are replying with a lot of hostility and/or ridiculing them. And yes there is butthurt here mostly because this specific guild is the victim of the following:

Yea they're 1/5 TfB NiM I doubt they'll see the new hidden boss anyway, let alone beat it. *shrugs*

EDIT let alone the fact they're only doing 8 man content. :/

And this is exactly why there are many guilds that don't participate in progression on the forums, there is already much hostility and the OP have not yet verified if it is actually a new hidden boss or not.

I am guilty of one thing only which is making a claim without backing it up, I agree and I will not argue it further.

"Hey guys I think we have seen a possible new secret boss, but we are not very sure. But we will work on it and come back with more proof but first we wanted to alert community".

Most people on the thread are replying with a lot of hostility and/or ridiculing them. And yes there is butthurt here mostly because this specific guild is the victim of the following:

And this is exactly why there are many guilds that don't participate in progression on the forums, there is already much hostility and the OP have not yet verified if it is actually a new hidden boss or not.

Cause the OP is fos and the internet is not a kind place.

No, the original poster said "I think we have seen a probable location for the secret boss, but we don't want to tell anyone where we think it is because we're afraid someone else will beat us to it. Also, in case we turn out to be right and someone else finds it before we decide we're ready to tell anyone what we know, here's a code so everyone knows we actually did it first." It's not a very endearing attitude, either to the people who are interested in the puzzles of spawning the secret bosses and the fights themselves or the people who are content-starved and would love to spend time investigating random things in the instances.

Edited by namesaretough

With me, it's more about the secrecy. We spent ages in the last thread trying to figure it out, and it took half the community to spawn that boss, and TIO are just checking it themselves, not even letting a hint go, just so they can get a world first????

With me, it's more about the secrecy. We spent ages in the last thread trying to figure it out, and it took half the community to spawn that boss, and TIO are just checking it themselves, not even letting a hint go, just so they can get a world first????

They're an 8 man guild, they have virtually no chance of getting a world first.

They're an 8 man guild, they have virtually no chance of getting a world first.

If they figure out how to spawn him, they could do it. Even people from the best progression guilds on his server wouldnt pass up the chance. Same way loads of 8 man guilds have downed the first one...

Edited by Selenial

f5Xj0x0HYAoGwFBfykfnk1mAVLGMFewgHbyJf9uJtzE=

On a completely different note than anyone else has touched on... encrypted lines don't generally look like that as far as I know. Something like this is a bit more standard I believe:

˜ÔçFžÞuèìèÆk×ãé[Ëõ

With that in mind, yeah, sorry, I call complete BS on this. "We saw something when raiding today... multiple people saw it... here's this BS line which means nothing... it will prove to the world we are amazing... end transmission"

Edited by idnewton

On a completely different note than anyone else has touched on... encrypted lines don't generally look like that as far as I know.

Actually, that code looks like it was generated by one of those free online encryption websites that encode the string with base64 after encrypting to make sure the string only contains printable characters, so I would say it is legit but it is really impossible to determine without knowing the encryption method and key.

Still, even then, they could only store like five words in a code this short and I wouldn't know how you could explain the bonus boss this shortly.

Like I wrote earlier, I am not accusing the OP of any trolling; I believe they mistaked a Dreadful Orb thrown on a random mob as the bonus boss.

Edited by Jerba

Still, even then, they could only store like five words in a code this short and I wouldn't know how you could explain the bonus boss this shortly.

Dread GrandMaster Revan ? (It is less than 5 words but could fit)

And if you are wondering what I am talking about, someone referenced it in a thread and then refused to comment on it and it is most probably a trolling attempt because something this big doesn't just get accidentally mentioned in a post (and data miners didn't find any reference to it).

• 2 weeks later...

Have been keeping an eye out for a potential location for this even though we haven't done HE yet.

I'm guessing it's in DF. Two potential areas suspicious things stick out. The first is the when you go left doing the gate puzzle, there is a guy with a bubble around him channeling. He doesn't do anything except cast reflect. Seems pretty suspicious so there might be a future mechanic with him. The second is right after you beat Draxus, the room with the Subteroths. West wall crumbled, looks like a gate to the north that is closed off. Might be a similar mechanic to S&V in that room, I never pay attention as we mow down the adds.

Just some fodder for those who like to get world first on this type of stuff.

For what it's worth, as the above comment says, there are several things that have been seen to indicate the existence of 1 or maybe 2 new bosses coming in the next tier. The OP never said they spawned it, they just said they saw something that appears to be connected to the next boss. I'm pretty sure every progression guild has seen things connected to the next boss by now...

For what it's worth, as the above comment says, there are several things that have been seen to indicate the existence of 1 or maybe 2 new bosses coming in the next tier. The OP never said they spawned it, they just said they saw something that appears to be connected to the next boss. I'm pretty sure every progression guild has seen things connected to the next boss by now...

And how many of them chose to glorify themselves and make a huge deal about it?

I suspect that any bonus boss will be in dread palace. Has anyone noticed that despite being the dread palace there are only 4 rooms? There are 6 thrones but Styrak and Brontes don't seem to have a room in the palace I think that any bonus boss will have something to do with their "hidden rooms" . I may be wrong about it and I know the last fight having the 6 thrones is purely for the mechanics of the fight but I still think that would be a really sloppy loose end lore wise to not include the rooms of all the dread masters, even if there was maybe only a bs bonus boss in them like the Giant Lobel in TFB.

I suspect that any bonus boss will be in dread palace. Has anyone noticed that despite being the dread palace there are only 4 rooms? There are 6 thrones but Styrak and Brontes don't seem to have a room in the palace I think that any bonus boss will have something to do with their "hidden rooms" . I may be wrong about it and I know the last fight having the 6 thrones is purely for the mechanics of the fight but I still think that would be a really sloppy loose end lore wise to not include the rooms of all the dread masters, even if there was maybe only a bs bonus boss in them like the Giant Lobel in TFB.

Honestly? I think they were just sloppy and didn't think to add rooms for the bosses already killed.

That really seems like a productive use of time when it isn't necessary.

Lol, not really. How hard is it to simply copy all the assets from the first half of the hallway and put it inbetween the first and the second? It'd even be easier if they thought of doing that when they originally made it. Just throw some closed doors on the rooms and you're golden. It'd take you ten minutes tops.

Lol, not really. How hard is it to simply copy all the assets from the first half of the hallway and put it inbetween the first and the second? It'd even be easier if they thought of doing that when they originally made it. Just throw some closed doors on the rooms and you're golden. It'd take you ten minutes tops.

If you wanted to be sloppy about it sure, recoding properly, weeks.

If you wanted to be sloppy about it sure, recoding properly, weeks.

You don't code geometry. :D

I know quite a bit about this kind of thing. It's not that hard to do. At this point it's not worth it for them to do, but they definitely should have when they first created it.

You don't code geometry. :D

I know quite a bit about this kind of thing. It's not that hard to do. At this point it's not worth it for them to do, but they definitely should have when they first created it.

Yeh, woulda been a lot easier to code a few shut doors than buckets with Lava pouring in as well. I mean come on, you say the doors are pointless, how useful are little cauldrons full of molten magma?

Personally, there is only one location I could see being a potential secret area.

And that is the little ship you see at the bottom of the pit Brontes is hovering over before you actually make it into that courtyard to fight her. Possibly something to do with having to platform down there, maybe you have to do a few key things to make it to a ship that takes you to some unknown location.