Price of Racial Unlocks

loud_skies

Hey BioWare/EA.

I want to give you a little feedback from a longtime player/subscriber since launch.

I saw the prices of legacy races were 350CC, but them jumped to 600CC. Is there a reason for this? I would think you would earn more if you left it at 350CC, mostly because a smaller amount makes people cringe less at is, and want to purchase it. Meanwhile, nearly doubling the price can be a little intimidating. I just thought I would give you my two cents about the whole idea, and provide some useful feedback. I don't know much about marketing either, so please refrain from too many hurtful comments? ^^

May the force be with you all, :csw_bluesaber:

-Sky,

[P.S, Miraluka Inquisitor when F2P Rolls out. c:]

Considering as to how there was no official price yet, they didn't double anything, and as such there's nothing to be intimidating.

They need to balance prices to make things work out and make sense. Balance between what people would pay for, and what people would play for. If the price would be so low, that everybody would pay, nobody would play for it anymore. If it's too high, nobody would pay for it anymore. They're just trying to find the middleground.

Racial unlocks via CC will be used only by those that cannot wait to unlock it by leveling up a race or cannot afford to pay credits in lieu of for a legacy unlock.

In other words.... it's for impatient people who can and will pay real money to buy CCs to mediate their impatience. And in that context, the prices are fine. It should not be cheap when there are two different methods in game to do it already.

Racial unlocks via CC will be used only by those that cannot wait to unlock it by leveling up a race or cannot afford to pay credits in lieu of for a legacy unlock.

In other words.... it's for impatient people who can and will pay real money to buy CCs to mediate their impatience. And in that context, the prices are fine. It should not be cheap when there are two different methods in game to do it already.

What about the people who already unlocked them on a different server, then decided to joina different server taht they couldn't transfer their main to?

The price on these has to match two uses:

1) Subscribers who want to spend real cash to unlock the Legacy perk.

2) F2Pers who want even 'normal' access to the races other than human, cyborg and zabrak.

I don't know what the right price is, but I think this kind of unlock should be account wide. As it seems to be now, being tied to the Legacy of the character that uses the unlock, it would only be for the server that Legacy is on (unless Legacy become an account wide thing).

I think 350 is still a little expensive for something as silly as the species unlocks. 600 is just nonsense. I do wish that BioWare would lower the prices for those unlocks a bit.

I do agree with this.

The races offer very little for a rather expensive unlock. 350 is about the right price. 600 is to much.

What about the people who already unlocked them on a different server, then decided to joina different server taht they couldn't transfer their main to?

If they are impatient... then they can buy an unlock.

If they are patient.. they will focus on the preferred race and level it up. Everyone complains it's too easy to level to 50 in this game..so I don't see the problem.

As other have said, I think 350 would be better for a single race unlock per server. They could use the 600 for account wide, I know the price doubling changed my mind, as well as my sister. Not because we haven't unlocked them, we wanted to open them on a second server. I'm already paying a sub, but that just my personal opinion. I'm sure they will still sell, but just not as many.

Play an subscribed account and use your monthly CC to save up for the races. Or just pay $15 to unlock 2-3.

Honestly I think something like a Race unlock should be expensive since it is not something small, it defines your character (whether you RP or not) and should be earned, either through IG means, having access to that race and unlocking it for all classes, OR through a expensive micro-transaction.

Think of it this way. A paying account trying to unlock the Rakkata so that they can make a Jedi Knight one (or w/e) will take maybe 2 months (maybe more maybe less depending on the persons play time/style/w.e) that means they payed $30 and spent all that time to unlock that class.

They (the devs) need to keep this in mind when it comes to balancing the price of these unlocks, because if someone can just unlock all the races for $20, why pay $15 a month to have the wider access?

I find the prices on everything in the Legacy window to be too expensive. But that's probably because I don't enjoy dailies (thus not getting much money).

Naw, it's not you. Someone seems to have told BioWare that arbitrary credit sinks can be equated with content.

Naw, it's not you. Someone seems to have told BioWare that arbitrary credit sinks can be equated with content.

Honestly most of the stuff in the store is at most a rather minor convenience item and how much the item is worth (both in time spent to grind out the legacy lvl and the credits needed) is completely depended on YOU. Personally I think some of the stuff could prolly come down in price, but honestly what else are you really spending your credits on?

Honestly most of the stuff in the store is at most a rather minor convenience item and how much the item is worth (both in time spent to grind out the legacy lvl and the credits needed) is completely depended on YOU. Personally I think some of the stuff could prolly come down in price, but honestly what else are you really spending your credits on?

Considering that the Legacy system was supposed to be a reward system, any credit cost whatsoever was completely pointless (unless you decided to want to unlock something early). It would be very interesting to see the percentages of unlocks for players that have access to any given perk.

Credit sinks are needed, sure. But their intrusion into the Legacy system almost completely voided its intent, and again, they were obviously implemented only to "encourage" players to grind more dailies to create the illusion of additional content.

I find the prices on everything in the Legacy window to be too expensive. But that's probably because I don't enjoy dailies (thus not getting much money).

I find the speeder rank-1 unlock at character level 10 to be a heck of a deal. :D

Edited by Andryah

Considering that the Legacy system was supposed to be a reward system, any credit cost whatsoever was completely pointless (unless you decided to want to unlock something early). It would be very interesting to see the percentages of unlocks for players that have access to any given perk.

Credit sinks are needed, sure. But their intrusion into the Legacy system almost completely voided its intent, and again, they were obviously implemented only to "encourage" players to grind more dailies to create the illusion of additional content.

Considering half the perks are only good for when you are re-leveling a character (things like XP boost and early access to speeders are kinda moot once you hit 50) and the other half are fairly high up on the lvl scale for legacy you will prolly get enough credits to purchase the main perks that are good (field respec, GTN term, ship droid add-on, etc)

Once again, what else are you really spending your money on? For end-game the main gear you use is looted, not sold/made. And for lvling a new toon unless you are gonna twink them to hell you can just use the gear theat the get as you lvl them up. This leaves us with haveomg a fairly limited out-flow of credits that just inflates the economy and will cause prices for vanity (see: Cartel store items) items go through the roof as the super rich drive up prices for the stuff they really want that is rare.

Hey BioWare/EA.

I want to give you a little feedback from a longtime player/subscriber since launch.

I saw the prices of legacy races were 350CC, but them jumped to 600CC. Is there a reason for this? I would think you would earn more if you left it at 350CC, mostly because a smaller amount makes people cringe less at is, and want to purchase it. Meanwhile, nearly doubling the price can be a little intimidating. I just thought I would give you my two cents about the whole idea, and provide some useful feedback. I don't know much about marketing either, so please refrain from too many hurtful comments? ^^

May the force be with you all, :csw_bluesaber:

-Sky,

[P.S, Miraluka Inquisitor when F2P Rolls out. c:]

Oh hell no! I played a class I absolutely hated to level 50 to unlock a species. Now you get to buy them for 650CC, which in my opinion is waaaaay too cheap. That should not be an unlock at all...not even through Legacy. IMO the only way you should be able to unlock them...is by doing it the way it was done on launch...by actually playing them.

Sorry you feel they are too expensive, but I feel you are getting off way too cheap. Consider yourself lucky.

Already unlocked every species currently available that I want to play so don't really care either way. What I *do* care about is the ability to change an existing characters species, or even just to re-customize it. Has anyone seen anything OFFICIAL about this? If they want to make money, THIS is a thing people would actually pay for and not including it makes no sense if they intend to make money.

A price on the PTS is not a final price and is there as a test. I wouldn't think anything of it if every single price was different when it hits Thursday b/c it would mean some analysis from the PTS occured.

Also, I would hope the prices are somewhat dynamic. Not in a "wait for a sale" kind of way, but in a "nobody buys this at all for 1k, let's drop it gradually and see where it works".

Important items like gameplay, I understand quick reactions even more.