I'm trying to stay true to the cannon with this jedi ... best companion?

Letsjet

Well I've seen this thread for while and since no one has responded I'll take a stab at it.

Though, I'm not really sure what you mean by companion choice and cannon. I mean... the OT kind of showed us even the most unlikely, and morally questionable people (Han Solo) can be good companions.

If you are just looking for a companion that wont try to steer you away from the light side, stick with T7 or Kira.

You might be disappointed then. The only companion that tries to guide the JK in anyway was Scourge and his wisdom was all about the dark side. Like I said before your closest bet will probably be T7 or Kira, as they are the most morally upstanding of your companions, but the jk is definitely the mentor in those relationships.

Kira would be the most morally-good companion (though her companion story would say she's above rule breaking). I'm not into RP in MMOs myself, but Kira would honestly be the only fit for what I'm understanding you're after, though your the teacher as a Knight

Kira would be the most morally-good companion (though her companion story would say she's above rule breaking). I'm not into RP in MMOs myself, but Kira would honestly be the only fit for what I'm understanding you're after, though your the teacher as a Knight

Good deal. I only have once other character (out of 14) that is RP. A Pureblood Sith Mara named Genociden who believes in the extension of all who are not Pureblood Sith. (i.e. the opposite of my JK).

Im pretty sure the most light-sided companion in the game is T3, who is the only companion in the game who likes the light sided choice in that mission ark where the "children of coruscant" or whatever they were called wanted you to intercept the package (corso didn't like it because it went against the pretty lady, Jorgan because it went for corruption and Qyzen because it went against the jedi). I can't actually think of a single case where I lost affection with T7 when going full light side.

Good deal. I only have once other character (out of 14) that is RP. A Pureblood Sith Mara named Genociden who believes in the extension of all who are not Pureblood Sith. (i.e. the opposite of my JK).

So your Marauder is essentially almost identical to Darth Ikoral from the Red Reaper flashpoint? Neat. I personally despise RP because in the end it has no point to it. but i would have to say Kira would be the best companion for you, and also Kira's the only useful JK companion for Sentinel or Guardian.

• 2 weeks later...
Playing with each of them as they come along. They are all an integral part of the story.

I agree with this...except for Rusk...who makes absolutely no storyline sense for being with you. You're not even forced to team with him during the Hoth arc.

For my playthroughs...I use Kira at all times...except when the story calls for someone else.

T-7...when you first get him and before you get Kira (obviously)...Ord Mantell...final mission.

Doc...when he teams with you on Balmorra. (I also use him for the Balmorra bonus series, as it seems to make storyline sense to give him more face time there, so to speak)

Rusk...I never use him...not once. Him being with the Jedi Knight makes no storyline sense at all.

Scourge...I really don't use him in combat. He's obviously a very important part of the story...but there is no part of the story that him fighting with you makes any more sense than someone else.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with this...except for Rusk...who makes absolutely no storyline sense for being with you. You're not even forced to team with him during the Hoth arc.

For my playthroughs...I use Kira at all times...except when the story calls for someone else.

T-7...when you first get him and before you get Kira (obviously)...Ord Mantell...final mission.

Doc...when he teams with you on Balmorra. (I also use him for the Balmorra bonus series, as it seems to make storyline sense to give him more face time there, so to speak)

Rusk...I never use him...not once. Him being with the Jedi Knight makes no storyline sense at all.

Scourge...I really don't use him in combat. He's obviously a very important part of the story...but there is no part of the story that him fighting with you makes any more sense than someone else.

I agree that Rusk is a weird companion. He's obviously there to fill the "ranged dps" role, and nothing more. I did enjoy using him on my grey-side guardian, though. I think his personal story is pretty awesome, in that he's such a hard-*** who's all about the mission and impossible odds, to the extent that no one in the military wants to be around him.

I can't stand Scourge, but that's partly because I can't stand the way that chapter plays out. He's like a constant reminder of the worst part of the Jedi Knight story, in my opinion.