EU Luke Skywalker vs Meetra Surik !

mefit

No, Luke "killed" Darth Vader, by bringing Anakin back to the light side.

And the other mombo-jumbo you write is just you grapping for a straw.

So me talking about the Prophecy of The Chosen One is just me looking for excuses? Uh-huh sure.

In the final battle of the second Death Star, Anakin made a choice. Save his son or stand with the Emperor. Luke could not make this choice for him. The Emperor could not make this choice for him. He made a choice, and it was his choice to kill the Emperor that redeemed him and killed Darth Vader. Anakin killed the Sith and brought balance back to the Force. Not Luke.

You did watch the movies, didn't you?

Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all just "prolonging" our death from the moment we are born. Face it, your argument is just hollow sematics. Anakin did not destroy the Sith.

Sorry but it looks to me like the total opposite, your argument has been taken to pieces and now you are devolving to simple insults and weak attempts at belittling our points.

So me talking about the Prophecy of The Chosen One is just me looking for excuses? Uh-huh sure.

No. You trying to define someone who's not dead as being dead, is you looking for excuses.

Anakin decided to save Luke and kill Palpatine. But he would never have been able to do that had Luke not defeated him in combat, reminded him of who he was, and spared him.

Edited by Andge

Sorry but it looks to me like the total opposite, your argument has been taken to pieces and now you are devolving to simple insults and weak attempts at belittling our points.

Taken to pieces, eh? Once again you take what you wish was true, and present it as if it was true.

I didn't insult you or belittle your point. I pointed out that you made up something just to support your view. Can't see it's possible to belittle that as it already is as low as it can be.

Edited by Andge

No. You trying to define someone who's not dead as being dead, is you looking for excuses.

Anakin decided to save Luke and kill Palpatine. But he would never have been able to do that had Luke not defeated him in combat, reminded of who he was, and spared him.

Look at you trying to turn my argument against me! :rolleyes:

Sidious was dead. While his spirit remained, his corruption of the Force had subsided, thus fulfilling the Prophecy.

You're not only fighting Rayla and I, but you're also fighting the highest canon authorities. Face it, G-canon says you're wrong.

Edited by Aurbere

Taken to pieces, eh? Once again you take what you wish was true, and present it as if it was true.

I didn't insult you or belittle your point. I pointed out that you made up something just to support your view. Can't see it's possible to belittle that as it already is as low as it can be.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine#The_first_death_of_Palpatine

His bodies died, but his spirit remained, he refused to become one with the force and be banished to the void of the Dark Side, so he used a trick to keep his soul out of the other planes of the force and transfer his essence into clones, Anakin killed him.

I suppose by your logic Obi-Wan, Exar Kun, Meetra Surik, Yoda and countless others didn't die just because we saw their spirits again. :rolleyes:

Look at you trying to turn my argument against me! :rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean. How am I turning your argument against you?

Sidious was dead. While his spirit remained, his corruption of the Force had subsided, thus fulfilling the Prophecy.

You're not only fighting Rayla and I, but you're also fighting the highest canon authorities. Face it, G-canon says you're wrong.

That is where you are far out; Sidious was defeated that day yes, but not destroyed. You trying to re-define what being destroyed means, is far out.

And apparently you too have this annyoing and rude habit of claiming to have canon on your side, when you don't. Canon does exactly say that Sidious was not destroyed.

Edited by Andge

My point is, that moment where "Vader" throws Sidious down the shaft, he is no longer Vader, but Anakin. It is Luke that pushes him to that point. I.e. Luke defeated Vader. But yes, it is Anakin in his Vader suit that throws Sidious down the shaft.

But who killed Anakin? Was it Palpatine because it was his lightning that killed Anakin? Was it Anakin because he chose to grab hold of the Lightning spewing Palpatine? Or was it Obi-Wan for dropping Anakin into molten lava in the first place? :)

Vader killed Anakin :cool:

"From a certain point of view".

Or you could look at it as Anakin ceased to exist instead being replaced by Darth Vader.

That is where you are far out; Sidious was defeated that day yes, but not destroyed. You trying to re-define what being destroyed means, is far out.

And apparently you too have this annyoing and rude habit of claiming to have canon on your side, when you don't. Canon does exactly say that Sidious was not destroyed.

I used the wrong word there. Anyway...

The Prophecy of the Chosen One is for the Chosen One to restore balance to the Force. Anakin accomplished this upon Sidious' first death. The Sith Lord's corruption of the Force had been expunged and the Force rebalanced.

Canon says that Anakin brings balance to the Force. G-Canon at that.

Canon says that Anakin brings balance to the Force. G-Canon at that.

Where does it say that?

I bet what you're going to give me now is actually your interpretation of events, not canon.

Edited by Andge

Where does it say that?

I bet what you're going to give me now is actually your interpretation of events, not canon.

And if you don't like Lucas' words, C-3PO says that in the VHS edition of Attack of the Clones.

And if you don't like Lucas' words, C-3PO says that in the VHS edition of Attack of the Clones.

No, absolutely. I've always said that George's word must be law in SW. I'm just curious about where he actually says that.

Though I wonder how C-3PO could now about this in Attack of the Clones :)

Edited by Andge

No, you are wrong.

Anakin was always the Chosen One, even as Darth Vader, but it took his son Luke to redeem him and be the catalyst for Anakin fulfilling the prophecy, which was to end the Banite line of Sith Lords who had unbalanced the force, they themselves were established by the Sith'Ari Darth Bane and his 'Rule of Two', it is believed the greatest of the Sith's events happened a decade before the Phantom Menace when apparently Sidious and his master enacted a ritual to create another being of unlimited power, basically another Sith'Ari.

The Force counter-attacked the Sith's corrupted powerplay and created the Chosen One, who was destined to destroy the Sith Lords, the Sith had unbalanced the force with the immense shift in Dark Side power, that clouded the Jedi's powers, Anakin ends this when he kills himself and the Emperor, ending the Sith threat.

This is correct. Remember that Anakin/Vader destroyed Palpatine, not Luke.

EU Luke became ridiculously overpowered for several reasons. For one, he was the main character of the original trilogy, and the one people cared about most. He was also the only real Jedi left at the end of the OT. We find out later there were others in hiding, but when the EU started, he was the only one. Finally, he was one of a few characters the authors were expressly not allowed to kill per Lucas. So he is essentially immortal in the EU. The EU authors can't ignore Luke, and they can't kill him. So of course he becomes Jedi Jesus.

He brought balance to the force, he didn't destroy the darkside since that would unbalance the force to the light side.

Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi there ever was. Why even debate this?

If I don't remember badly....someone told to the Jedi Exile that the most powerfull her foe was in the force, the most damage she would deal to him with the force.

The Exile is the opposite of Luke. Luke is "the force", Meetra is the end of the force. I think Luke would just die when facing the Exile as he would not be able to bear that "void" in the force.

If I don't remember badly....someone told to the Jedi Exile that the most powerfull her foe was in the force, the most damage she would deal to him with the force.

The Exile is the opposite of Luke. Luke is "the force", Meetra is the end of the force. I think Luke would just die when facing the Exile as he would not be able to bear that "void" in the force.

If that were true, then why does she even need to fight?

In a very taxing variation of this technique usable only by those with experience in battle meditation, the Force user could use the Force to sever a target who was heavily tainted or consumed by the dark side. This technique effectively caged the user's power within their own darkness and rendered them blind to the Force, though not dead to it.[11] Nomi Sunrider used this technique on Ulic Qel-Droma after he killed his brother Cay on Ossus.

Taken from the Star Wars wiki.

Yes but Ulic wasnt even fighting at the time, was completely vunerable, after killing his own brother, he realized what he had done, even droped his lightsaber on the ground if i recall from dark horse comic, he was completely broken emotionaly, Nomi seeing what happen and with a broken heart did that technique to him.

He brought balance to the force, he didn't destroy the darkside since that would unbalance the force to the light side.

Ahh doesnt work that way, from what i could gather it was the sith line that brought unbalance to the force trough the use of the darkside, because they use it to unbalance a natural order Remember palpatine line, " darkside of the force its a pathway to many abilities that manny consider unatural". There never can be unbalance trough use of the light side. Light side means one with force, harmony with the natural order, listen to the will of the force, not bend it.

Its the way i see it more or less.

But i think the whole thing was never meant to be looked at that deth, i think lucas certainly didn't knew the moster was creating.so naturaly there will be huge gapholes, things arent very easly explain, because it wasnt ever meanted.

In OT the force is one thing, in the prequels is another, darth was vader name not a title in the OT, for instance.

so i try to not look at much deth in many things in star wars because mostly of them have very cheasy, cliché explanations, or a very shady explanation to it. That is the reason why i look at star wars, for what it is nothing more. Just enjoy the story for their simplicity, star wars was never about whos more powerfull it was always about what power can do to people imo wich its a current theme in many fantastic fantasy series, what star wars brough was a mix of adventure in to a a fantastic universe wich i realy enjoy, many people do.

Because i think when they try they make a terrible job in trying to be avanguard, original, or even having a pretense to be intelectual chalenging star wars Its not that it! was never meanted to be that.

just my 2 cent.

Edited by Spartanik

Disagree. First off; the prophecy had nothing to do with someone reaching his full potential, but about someone restoring balance. And why have Mace say the line about the prophecy possibly being misinterpreted? That line was put in movie for a reason. And if Anakin had been the Chosen One, he would exactly had brought balance.

But it was Luke who brought balance. = prophecy misread = Luke was the Chosen One.

Balance doesn't necessarily mean good, and if you insist on it being good, Anakin killed the Emperor, not Luke. Also in the prophecy the Chosen One was born of the Force, which means Anakin (aka Jedi Jesus), not Luke who was born as a result of Anakin boinking Padme.