Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

powertech tank power or crit?

MDR_WeedKnight
02.07.2013 , 11:41 AM | #21
Do not try to worry to much about gearing as you level up. Worry about gear when you hit elder game.

XisscVekno
02.16.2013 , 07:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Have you been reading noxxic or something? Stop being bad.
You don't need accuracy at all as a PT tank, most of our threat comes from Tech or Elemental damage which can't be dodged,blocked, or parried. The only thing and I mean the only thing that gets a benefit from accuracy is rail shot and it's not even your top used ability and I have yet to see one get dodged or miss.

I have poured over the PT tanking mechanics and accuracy is a wasted stat.
End>Shield>absorb>def those are your top stats, aim is not worth mentioning because it comes on your armoring and mods regardless and doesn't contribute to defensive stats only threat.

Also don't go over 15% def... it will hurt your threat in the long run.

Sorry Olos, quoted the wrong person.
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

OlosBC
02.16.2013 , 08:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by XisscVekno View Post
You don't need accuracy at all as a PT tank, most of our threat comes from Tech or Elemental damage which can't be dodged,blocked, or parried. The only thing and I mean the only thing that gets a benefit from accuracy is rail shot and it's not even your top used ability and I have yet to see one get dodged or miss.

I have poured over the PT tanking mechanics and accuracy is a wasted stat.
End>Shield>absorb>def those are your top stats, aim is not worth mentioning because it comes on your armoring and mods regardless and doesn't contribute to defensive stats only threat.

Also don't go over 15% def... it will hurt your threat in the long run.

Sorry Olos, quoted the wrong person.
No worries.

But going over 15% defense is perfectly fine. I run with 20% or more depending on fight, and it doesn't negatively effect shielding threat regen or Rocket Punch reset, even when I pop oil slick and am effectively at 40% defense.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.