Sentinel dies a lot

Naukati

short answer: expect to die in pvp

are you saying you die a lot at 1v1 or just in wz's in general?

are you saying you die a lot against those under, at, or above your current level?

are you sure your not being attacked my other ranged players when it looks like you are only attacking 1 melee?

are you using defensive cd's properly?

are you using your interrupts properly?

are you running around in the middle of the crowd and dancing?

are you running around yelling weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

You never stated what you are doing except for that you were dying a lot. Can't really tell you what you are doing wrong if we don't know what you are doing in the first place.

Edited by haliy

How do you do in PvE content?

Does your gear match your level?

When doing flashpoints, I see some players with gear that is several and even ten levels out of date.

You can get away with that doing solo content that is well below your level, but for pvp matches prior to 50, the game buffs your stats so that everyone has the same stat pool. HOWEVER, it also takes your gear into account so if you are wearing a full set of purple gear for your level, you will have a HUGE advantage over someone wearing random trash gear that is six levels old.

My gear is fully updated and its usually when im playing against agroup of people. Or even 1v1 it seems like a sniper kills me in 5 seconds.

Snipers are going to own you at low levels, and they are still kind of the paper to your rock in the 50 bracket. You get GBTF in 2 levels, that is the best defensive CD you have. But as people have already said, you're not really giving a lot of information to go on.

The TTK is very low in PVP. If you are in the middle of a group of people, a 5 second death is kind of par for the course when you're being focused. Even in fully aug'd WH gear, if I am unlucky/dumb enough to roll up on 4 people by myself, it is not uncommon to die within the span of a 4 second stun.

Some very general Sent tips:

Use Saber Ward in the middle of the fight, not in the beginning. A lot of melee classes need to build rage/focus for their harder hitting abilities, and you are better warding against those that their lighter hitting focus builders.

Remember your Mez (you'll get it at 42) when you are in a group of people.

Use Rebuke right as you engage in a fight, it can last up to 30 seconds but ONLY if you are being attacked.

Use force camo as an actual escape. And sometimes as a gap closer on Snipers. The amount of people who pop it as they are going up to a node baffles me. It's a combat escape, not a stealth utility like those of Assassins or Operatives.

Put your interrupt on a very easy to reach keybind, and put your opponents cast bar in somewhere very visible, then use it when you see the cast bar going up.

Most classes will try to run away from you, remember leg slash, trauma from your saber throw, and try to save your leap for after they knock you back.

Dont forget your Pacify if you are in a 1v1, but same rule applies as Saber Ward, and it's pretty much useless against casters.

Accept that Sents are very late bloomers in lowbie PVP, but they are absolute gods from 45-50.