Emergancy Table Update [Question for the Dev's]

Deathen_Shada

Edit: Original Bioware post for those who didn't see.

We are aware that the Emergency Medical Table toy and Mood: Outraged that appear in the Collections Window were erroneously omitted from the Shipment 3 Bounty Packs. To remedy the error, the items will be sold via the Bounty Supply Reputation Vendor in the Cartel Bazaar. Each will cost one credit, will not have be a Galactic Reputation Requirement, and will be Bind on Pickup. This will be included in an upcoming patch, and at the same time, we will remove the Emergency Medical Table and Mood: Outraged from Collections. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

I noticed the new update and I have to say I think you did a good job, I probably wouldn't have handled it this way but still I think it's very acceptable. I however have a few questions.

1) Why didn't you add a reputation requirement to the table? Because this allows people who didn't buy packs to be able to buy the table, and they really don't deserve compensation in the first place if they never opened packs. I'm just curious if you don't want to answer this one it's ok.

2) I noticed also you said the items will be BoP (Bind on Pickup) which makes sense wouldn't want people to scam other but my concern is will you "ever" remove this item from the reputation vendor? Because if you leave the table for a certain amount of time then remove it, due to the fact that it's BoP if I made new alts then I wouldn't be able to trade it to them or get a new one. This question arises because your removing the item from collections, so I wouldn't be able to unlock additional copies. So in short the question is will this be permanent? I'd like this question answered if at all possible.

Other then that thank you Bioware for solving this problem in a effective way, Cheers!

Edited by Deathen_Shada

Edit: Original Bioware post for those who didn't see.

I noticed the new update and I have to say I think you did a good job, I probably wouldn't have handled it this way but still I think it's very acceptable. I however have a few questions.

1) Why didn't you add a reputation requirement to the table? Because this allows people who didn't buy packs to be able to buy the table, and they really don't deserve compensation in the first place if they never opened packs. I'm just curious if you don't want to answer this one it ok

I had actually thought that only those who had bought packs would be those who would be compensated but I'm happy about this solution. Also you have to think that also a large amount of people also bought packs in order to just sell them on GTN and don't really deserve any greater chance because they didn't take any of the risk of trying to get them by actually opening packs. I doubt they want to go through all the data to see who actually opened these packs.

Again, works for me.

I had actually thought that only those who had bought packs would be those who would be compensated but I'm happy about this solution. Also you have to think that also a large amount of people also bought packs in order to just sell them on GTN and don't really deserve any greater chance because they didn't take any of the risk of trying to get them by actually opening packs. I doubt they want to go through all the data to see who actually opened these packs.

Again, works for me.

I highlighted a part of your response. Technically they wouldn't need to see who opened them because if you did open them you would have obtained reputation. Which brings me back to my original statement why wasn't there a reputation requirement. But it doesn't really matter alot of other people got some free stuff, and in fact I'm inclined to believe that for those who wanted some "subscriber appreciation" this is it lmao cause your getting some free stuff peoples :D

But on that note I just realized that it's Friday so bioware probably won't reply to this thread till after the weekend (if they decide to at all) So I'll bump this on Monday if nobody else posts in it.

Edited by Deathen_Shada

You dont get enough rep for Outsider from one pack, and you could of got the table from one pack...

So you want them to spend precious hrs coding in a new level of rep for a one time item that was a mistake?

No, what they have done was the best solution, the only solution, short of wasting valuable man hrs on some contrived system for the whims of some people on the forum.

Edited by Mowermanx

That's nice, free stuff for everyone and your first thought is "hmm why are THEY getting it?!"... classy.

There are also the people that collect these toys via GTN. The item not being in the packs and bop means it will never be on GTN in any shape or form. Thus making it available to non cartel rep people is also fair.

Arguably the vendor could sell 2 visually identical ones, a rep version for 1 credit and a non rep version for XXXk.

Edited by aeterno

But on that note I just realized that it's Friday so bioware probably won't reply to this thread till after the weekend (if they decide to at all) So I'll bump this on Monday if nobody else posts in it.

No employee is going to post in this thread. You can bump it to the Moon and back if you want. It's a "call out" thread and those are not well received.