So, er, is everyone Sith?

Deimias

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still there's a huge difference between being corrupt... and being a criminal state, torturing, mass killing, using slavery, genocidal weapons, ... you see the difference in term of good and bad, right? Tell me that you see it...

But with light/dark side choices, you can experience that on the Republic and the Empire. If you play a "light side" Agent, the story feels more like a "Bond" story or "Mission Impossible". A light side Bounty Hunter is just a fun adventure. Where as I've seen some dark side Jedi do some very nasty things. It's more in how you play your character than which side you pick. Yes, the Empire lets you get away with doing some pretty bad things, but the side you pick to roll on is not the "end all" of how dark or light your story will be....you pick that.

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?

Why limit youerself to one side? I have 4 characters on each side, some of my family has at least one toon per side. We have a guild on each side.

The amount of gaming available to you DOUBLES if you play both sides. You'll never be bored if you do. :w_wink:

This was the exact point I was trying to make when I pointed out George Lucas' original intent.

The Sith nor its empire were ever noble. Ever. But to appeal to a wider audience for this game and to make sure both factions had healthy populations, BioWare sanitized it. You see the same thing in every MMO with a "good" faction and an "evil" faction.

The side that's historically been bad suddenly becomes "misunderstood."

Yep.

Well Lucas really sanitized it by wimping out and replacing a good group of evil badguys with a comically inept group of mustache-twirling wizard/politicians and their cartoon robot army.

I would also like to point out that many of us said that empire would have way more people than Republic when the game launched, and everyone said "Nah, all the kids will want to be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo so they'll roll Republic. The older, more mature gamers will roll empire."

Yeah no.

I would also like to point out that many of us said that empire would have way more people than Republic when the game launched, and everyone said "Nah, all the kids will want to be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo so they'll roll Republic. The older, more mature gamers will roll empire."

Yeah no.

I was saying the opposite. I said from the start we'd be overwhelmed by Sith players because the dark side is 'cool', especially with fans of the prequels. Just about ever Star Wars fan i've ever met has been has been "Oh yeah darkside evil stuff so cool yeah" kind of person.

Most older and more 'mature' players i've met play on Republic. Friend I got in to the game just told me the other day "Wow Republic players are so much nicer and more helpful", and I didn't doubt it for a moment.

I was saying the opposite. I said from the start we'd be overwhelmed by Sith players because the dark side is 'cool', especially with fans of the prequels. Just about ever Star Wars fan i've ever met has been has been "Oh yeah darkside evil stuff so cool yeah" kind of person.

Most older and more 'mature' players i've met play on Republic. Friend I got in to the game just told me the other day "Wow Republic players are so much nicer and more helpful", and I didn't doubt it for a moment.

Same thing happened in SWG.

I guess it's cause us old folks had Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy to look up to on the Republic side. The kids have Little Orphan Ani and Jar Jar. Tough choice there.

I think you will find more Sith's than any other toon for the simple reason : there are not many quality star-wars games where you get to be the bad guy. Most the time your a Jedi or a Non-Jedi that fight's for the republic or the rebels (there are a few exceptions but, not many). So, it's kind of a new experience for many people and BW does it justice for the most part plus from what I've heard the Empire classes have a better story than the republic toon (at least, that's what I keep hearing). I'm sure there could be some other reasons but IMO thats the big reason.

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?

I went sith because the gear is better, the stories are better and everything you see, touch or talk about isn't colored various shades of poop.

I have both imperial and republic characters... and yeah, I wouldn't say that the Empire is "just misunderstood". They're pretty much evil, even if they have a few "good apples" who try to fight the system.

On my trooper my LS/DS choices were between capturing my nemesis alive and putting him on trial vs. killing him on the spot. Sometimes it was about obtaining a "dirty" superweapon for the Republic vs. destroying it. So basically LS was "100% by-the-book lawful good", while DS was usually moralized as "doing something bad for the greater good" or "telling a white lie".

On my agent, things were... different. LS choices were about possibly letting an enemy run for his life after he's been defeated or giving enemies a 'clean death'. DS choices were pretty much psychopath options all the way, whether it was hurting/crippling someone just for the hell of it, or torturing the enemy slowly instead of killing them quickly.

Of course there are exceptions on both sides... but for the vast majority of quests / storylines / LS-DS choices this held true for me.

Have you seen the armor choices on Republic side? I mean, not that I really care for Imperial either but compared to Republic armor there's no contest. Also I have to be a nice guy in real life, it's like a vent of frustration to be able to have an alter ego I can get away with without prison time. Oh, one more thing, girls always go for bad guys.

I don't play just one class nor just one faction. Out of the 8 character I have, I have enjoyed the story for all of them (so far as not all are past the final class quest). I never like to have a "main" although I have put more time into my Jedi Sentinel then any other past level 50. Anyone who says "just play Sith" or "play Republic" does not know how to enjoy the game.

Sith outfits look cooler. The design quality of outfits has gone further and further downhill, looking worse and worse with each large patch. I expect 1.6 will deliver us clown costumes or something. Anyway, republic has gotten the worst of it, mostly having crap looking armor from day one.

At least imperial armor was decent at release, even if the latest armor looks like a preschoolers art project. Point is, people like to look good while kicking *** and taking names, and sith look damned good.

If you like torture, enjoy genocides, are fond of committing atrocities, wet your pants when you hear the word extermination, then yes, the Sith are for you.

Not so fast- the Jedi do genocide too. Flesh raiders on tython, anyone?

Oh, and I am a Jedi guardian and proud!

Ok, so, I haven't completed 3 storylines yet, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, Trooper and from what I've seen the quality of the storyline in its complexities and intrigue goes like this.

Imperial Agent

Smuggler

Sith Warrior(played through Hoth)

Jedi Consular

Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Knight(played through Tatooine)

Bounty Hunter

Trooper(watched gf play through it)

The Agent by far has the most complex storyline and it actually comes across as a bit of a thriller novel written in the style of M. Night Shymalan(What a twist!) where you're never quite sure what'll happen next.

The Smuggler has the most fun sassy personality which makes the "well damnit" moments not bother you as much.

The Sith Warrior has by far the most interactive characters in its storyline and your decisions actually make a difference in the outcome of how one companion behaves.

The Jedi Consular's storyline is the most epic and you feel like you're having more effect in the overall war than the others.

The Sith Inquisitor is pretty well straightforward with a few shock moments and turns.

The Jedi Knight is bland and predictable but feels more like the world was built around them.

The Bounty Hunter is pretty much what you'd expect of it, hunt, payback, rinse repeat.

The Trooper feels like you're just a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Now if you're playing for gameplay rather than story everything lines up differently based on your preferences, my personal preferences of the parallel classes from what I've seen and done in no particular order.

Vanguard(Trooper)>Powertech(Bounty hunter)

Mercenary(Bounty Hunter)>Commando(Trooper, though the trooper's weap is cooler)

Gunslinger(Smuggler)>Sniper(Agent)

Operative(Agent)=Scoundrel(Smuggler)

Sorcerer(Inquisitor)>Sage(Consular)

Shadow(Consular)=Assassin(Inquisitor)

Marauder(Warrior)>Sentinel(Knight)

Juggernaut(Warrior)=Guardian(Knight)

3 Imp>Pub

2 Pub>Imp

3 Imp=Pub