So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want us to jump Jedi fashion about 3,000 years?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.

Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont

dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans

in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

Yes. Just like Trooper, BH, Agents, and Smugglers look like their future counterparts.

You do realize how difficult it is to make a Jedi actually care about their appearance, right?

I swear, half of them would rather walk about naked, they're too wrapped up i-

*Master Oteg walks by completely nude*

Well, I'm going to stab myself in the eyes with my lightsaber. Anyone care to use my lightsaber afterwards is free to do so.

You do realize how difficult it is to make a Jedi actually care about their appearance, right?

I swear, half of them would rather walk about naked, they're too wrapped up i-

*Master Oteg walks by completely nude*

Well, I'm going to stab myself in the eyes with my lightsaber. Anyone care to use my lightsaber afterwards is free to do so.

I guess you just playing a different game then I do. TBH, about 95% of your post is gibberish to me.

Indeed. Some basic traditional Jedi garments, with and without the robe, would be great.

Heck, they pretty much have the model for it without the robe, just need to disable the hood for the handmaiden set and re-skin it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.

Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont

dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans

in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

The entire game is noncanon, So why should the outfits be?

I guess you just playing a different game then I do. TBH, about 95% of your post is gibberish to me.

Good. What fun is there in making sense?

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Yes! We are our outfits? :( Don't give me that poppycock about 3000 years difference - those are traditional outfist worn for millennias since the beggings of Jedi order. Jedi wear them in TOR - go for a trip to Tython. They're just not available to players save for Battle Expulsor which has a nasty hood up. Jedi in KotOR 2 wore traditional robes. Jedi in prequels wore traditional robes. NPCs in TOR and its art wear traditional robes. Jedi during Force Wars wore traditional robes.

Got something for you back from November in regards cartel shop armor updates:

Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.
Edited by Alec_Fortescue

You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us

actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

Boring!! These types of robes are already in the game (low level robes mostly), what most of us want is new colours for them, we are fed up with the endless shades of brown and grey with the odd white one thrown in, how about blues and greens, maybe some yellows. In the comic books Jedi wore a vast rainbow of colour, yes we could do without the silly shoulder pads, and Knight will still have to wear armoured robes, but please more colours.

Boring!! These types of robes are already in the game (low level robes mostly), what most of us want is new colours for them, we are fed up with the endless shades of brown and grey with the odd white one thrown in, how about blues and greens, maybe some yellows. In the comic books Jedi wore a vast rainbow of colour, yes we could do without the silly shoulder pads, and Knight will still have to wear armoured robes, but please more colours.

Stop trolling my post with miss information and lies, and your opinion that it's boring.

Yeah, right. all of them are heavy armor and they have hoods up and belts wrapped around waist and odd colours and patterns. Please, go somewhere else.

Yeah, right. all of them are heavy armor and they have hoods up and belts wrapped around waist and odd colours and patterns. Please, go somewhere else.

I'm afraid not, there are several low level plain brown robes for consulars that I've come across playing, only one was moddable, but it was in the game. Also several medium armour sets which were brown robes over a chestpiece. Hoods come down when a headpiece is equiped, I usually use a metal headband style headpiece. Yes they were all belted at waist. And I agree at most of the patterns, they are bad, but I still want more colours available, nothing garish, just some decent basic colours, the type people might choose to wear because they like the colour and cut.

My guardian Twi'lek is in the CM rep armor, pink and blue and it looks great. Who says a knight has to be in plate armor. In fact, I bought the one on the CM and wore it for a bit but put it on Kira (actually looks great on her).

Nothing says that a knight has to be in plate armour, in fact my Sentinel can't use heavy armour, just that most medium to heavy armour is going to look like armour. Glad you've found an outfit you like, the only one I found was in the Cartel coins, and now i'm on Makeb, I need to wear something else because the armour part won't go in the outfit i like.

I'm afraid not, there are several low level plain brown robes for consulars that I've come across playing, only one was moddable, but it was in the game. Also several medium armour sets which were brown robes over a chestpiece. Hoods come down when a headpiece is equiped, I usually use a metal headband style headpiece. Yes they were all belted at waist. And I agree at most of the patterns, they are bad, but I still want more colours available, nothing garish, just some decent basic colours, the type people might choose to wear because they like the colour and cut.

Nothing says that a knight has to be in plate armour, in fact my Sentinel can't use heavy armour, just that most medium to heavy armour is going to look like armour. Glad you've found an outfit you like, the only one I found was in the Cartel coins, and now i'm on Makeb, I need to wear something else because the armour part won't go in the outfit i like.

Show me pictures if you want to argue. All consular robes are either heavily ornamented, their legpieces are skirts or they have lots of unnecesarry textures forming belts and who knows what else on their backs (Omenbringer robe).

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

That's the thing. All of the good hood-down robes with the belts under the robe are light armor, meaning Knights can't wear them. Sure, there's the Consular robe on the Cartel Market. That's a nice start. Now finish it; bring us the rest of the way and just give us plain old Jedi robes, with the outer robe being over the belt, like the Valiant armor, and with the hood down–not invisible, like the Classic Conservator's–and without ugly shoulder-plate armor (like the Conservator's non-classic has). I don't even care if the outer robe is short-sleeve, like they all are in this game. Long-sleeve might cause clipping issues. Just give us a simple, hood-down, no shoulder-pad, robe-over-belt Jedi set in tan or brown, and I will not complain about Jedi gear again. That is all we want.

You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us

actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

Oooh, you mean the outfits that jedi wore 3000 years later when the republic had been at peace for a thousand years and jedi werent considered guardians of the republic in a warrior role, but more like diplomats?

You mean that outfit?

In that case, i want a stormtrooper outfit. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120220202544/deadliestfiction/images/b/b3/501st_Stormtrooper_Costume_by_obihahn.jpg

and for my bounty hunter i would like to have a mandalorian shock trooper armour in the style of boba fetts armour. http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/manual/technical/images/armor-1000.jpg

but thats not how the game is designed. It doesnt take place around the time of the "iconic" movies. No outfits are exact copies of the movie outfits.

That's the thing. All of the good hood-down robes with the belts under the robe are light armor, meaning Knights can't wear them.

Umm... sure they can... they'll just have to settle for having a lower armor rating... you know, kinda like you would if you chose to wear nothing but some heavy cloth as your armour

Oooh, you mean the outfits that jedi wore 3000 years later when the republic had been at peace for a thousand years and jedi werent considered guardians of the republic in a warrior role, but more like diplomats?

You mean that outfit?

In that case, i want a stormtrooper outfit. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120220202544/deadliestfiction/images/b/b3/501st_Stormtrooper_Costume_by_obihahn.jpg

and for my bounty hunter i would like to have a mandalorian shock trooper armour in the style of boba fetts armour. http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/manual/technical/images/armor-1000.jpg

but thats not how the game is designed. It doesnt take place around the time of the "iconic" movies. No outfits are exact copies of the movie outfits.

I'd settle for just the Helmet.

Then I could walk around in my undies with it on, just like at home!

You mean that outfit?

KotoR and KoToR2 says hi

KotoR and KoToR2 says hi

Really? Show me where they use stormtrooper armour and mandalorian armour in the style of boba fett in KotOR and KotOR2...

Or did you mean that they wore outfits like these: http://www.freewebs.com/darthmoeller/tsljedirobes1.jpg

Because you CAN wear an outfit like that... you will just have to settle for wearing LIGHT armour instead of HEAVY.

since, you know, they are made out of cloth.

Really? Show me where they use stormtrooper armour and mandalorian armour in the style of boba fett in KotOR and KotOR2...

Or did you mean that they wore outfits like these: http://www.freewebs.com/darthmoeller/tsljedirobes1.jpg

Because you CAN wear an outfit like that... you will just have to settle for wearing LIGHT armour instead of HEAVY.

since, you know, they are made out of cloth.

Dude your so way off it's scary, i will give you a hint... jedi dont need armors in the actual canon star wars universe

they have the force and lightsabers.......get it ? btw why even post like this when you have no clue whats so ever i mean really.

Dude your so way off it's scary, i will give you a hint... jedi dont need armors in the actual canon star wars universe

they have the force and lightsabers.......get it ? btw why even post like this when you have no clue whats so ever i mean really.

But we're not in the canon universe, are we?