One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans. Edited by Darth-Rammstein

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

It's not just a planet.... :rolleyes:

Both SWG xpacks was a single planet for 4x the cash... Not to mention the last xpac in SWG was a bait and switch that gave us the NGE

Edited by Clevelandboy
More info

Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.

Don't LotR subs get their allotted coins also and able to buy said expansion with it??

Just curious. ^^

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo

Kashyyyk and Mustafar would like a word.

We're not aware of everything that will come along with Rise of the Hutt Cartel at this point, it would make sense to hold off on the criticism until we know more.

Regardless, it's £5.99.

Yep, you can buy the lotro expansion using their turbine points (cartel coin equivalent).

Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.

Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.

But the fact is you can still buy the game with your coins you earn with your sub , correct? ? Or am i wrong??

You won't be able to do that here , and yes it has been said that you cannot buy with cartel coins.

Edited by grombrinda

Here is my take on this topic in general. Anything with a level cap increase i expect to be a paid expansion in an mmo. I was surprised when it was initially announced we wouldnt have to pay for it and then when they changed their minds its pretty much what i expected

For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.

nope. Im not sure if they changed that t now but you had to buy expansions in lotro if you had a subscription

Got my answer earlier and apparently they did change it so you can use your coins to buy, maybe a little later than out right buying it , but still....

For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.

Umm it's not 8 different story lines...more like one epic storyline,confirmed elsewhere. And it's only 10$ if you pre-order, 20$ on release. I wouldn't pre-order unless they give all the details out.