One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

If anyone's noticed, all of these '6 week content updates' they've been releasing were initially all part of the same patch. Makeb included. Since summer, when this was all announced, you haven't seen any plans for any actual 'new' content beyond the original Makeb patch.

Let's face it... Makeb is done, and has been for some time. All they are doing is stalling for time until EA figures out what they're going to do with this game. Additional content beyond Makeb is not being worked on (in my opinion).

This F2P system (as well as milking subscribers for additional money) is obviously not a long term plan. They are trying to scoop up as much money as they possibly can in the shortest amount of time possible. This has been shown with the lack of an anniversary event, with Life Day being exclusively on the Cartel Market, and now slapping a price onto an already diminished free content update and calling it an expansion.

It's my belief that after they run out of pre-existing content (aka, Makeb), EA's going to cut their losses and close the game down.

Lets get a grip here lol, by all accounts the game is still 2nd largest sub game out there, population had stabilized and f2p added a revenue stream to that. This doom-peddling is getting ridiculous lol

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Like I said it's possible since the expansion revolves around the Hutts and Varl was intended for 1.4. If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.

Makeb could be Varl reworked due to a refusal from Lucasarts, but no one knows yet :p

This planet better be fleshed out and full of stuff to do...

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Makeb could be Varl reworked due to a refusal from Lucasarts, but no one knows yet :p

This planet beeter be fleshed out and full of stuff to do...

What refusal is that?

Any character, species, world or technology which appears in any Star Wars material automatically becomes property of LucasFilm. Makeb, whether it's original or not, is now owned by Lucas. Varl still has a chance of appearing in the near-future.

Edited by Vitas

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo.

Yeah! it isn't!

I mean.. Outlands wasn't a single planet! (it was actually merely the remnants of one)

Northrend wasn't just a single planet! (it was only a single continent)

Pandaria wasn't just a single planet! (again, merely a single continent)

Rohan isn't a single planet! (also, merely a single country)

Until anyone knows how big this actual 'single planet' is, you have no right to make this bold claim. So just hold your cards a bit closer to your chest and wait until we actually know things instead of shouting stuff like that.

lol optimistic are you

my money is one Quesh size

Id actually be over joyed if its Tattoine or Hoth size

but deep down in gut I know its Quesh size planet

Not unless they exponentially raise XP gains from everything and that's quite unlikely. F2p usually means more grind not the other way around heh.

If you're supposed to level from 50-55 the ammount of content and size of the place is gonna have to be closer to hoth and tat than to quesh where you got 1 level in what, late 30s?

Edited by aeterno

lol optimistic are you

Quesh does not even have ONE LEVEL of content.

Please answer me as to why you think a planet with at least 7-8 times the quest content (due to exp inflation) of Quesh would be the same size? Honestly, just ****.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Like I said it's possible since the expansion revolves around the Hutts and Varl was intended for 1.4. If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.

You have to realise that their team size has been drastically cut since launch. Of course things will take longer to release now.

lol optimistic are you

Quesh size, seriously?

You haters need to come up with more quality troll ammo.

• Dev Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

So its Belsavis except with no class story then.

That does sound nice indeed. And i am most exited if there is actually some sandbox elements.

Also we really need a social area on Makeb with all the vendors we needso we can get away from fleet.

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

Especially since it was suppose to be FREE anyway.

BW, if anything, are amazing LIARS.

That does sound nice indeed. And i am most exited if there is actually some sandbox elements.

Also we really need a social area on Makeb with all the vendors we needso we can get away from fleet.

What exactly in that quote read as sandbox to you? Not trying to be funny perhaps my interpretation of PR speak is weak but I didn't see anything in that quote that suggested sandbox gameplay.

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo.

Yet Blizzard released Outland, which is not much bigger (and may even be smaller) than some of the planets and THAT was OK? I heard no whining about that. How about WotLK, which offered Northrend? That wasn't much bigger.

Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.

I have no insider knowledge or anything but...

...maybe chapter 4 doesn't end at Makeb? You're right, each chapter is actually several planets, but this story arc might not conclude with this expansion.