Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That strange in it says it in clear english text in my codex under the name "The fatality Crash" that its the ship on hoth. It talks about being one of the empires losses in the great battle of hoth. A sleek fast warship called the FATALIITY. if thats not enough info the codex goes on to talk about the ship carrying a mass amount of HK-51 drods. So its no mass delusion we are not stupid ye probably just remove the codex for the newer players

Not really sure if he is playing around or what, but:

(As a side note: For some reason a lot of players seem to think that The Fatality wreck is located on Hoth. We cannot explain and are baffled by this impression, as the wreck in question on Hoth is clearly the Ambria's Fury. It must just be some mass delusion brought on by the Dread Masters)

We hope you’ll enjoy the new challenges awaiting you in Section X!

Jesse Sky

Original Game Codex Text

Among the Empire’s losses in Hoth’s fabled space battle was a sleek, fast warship designated the Fatality. Until recently, the ship’s manifest had remained a mystery to all but the highest Imperial echelons. The only certainty was that the Imperial Moffs were most distressed at the ship’s loss. The wreck of the Fatality was recently discovered by Imperial and Republic forces, but their initial scouting parties soon learned that White Maw pirates had beaten them to the prize. The combined attacks of these enemy forces eventually drove away the White Maw invaders and revealed the Fatality’s precious cargo: a legion of deactivated HK-51 assassin droids, the galaxy’s most advanced extermination machines.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/lore_objects/542/lore_object_Screenshot_20120426_14_03_58_417968.jpg

My question is. Do you realy need a lvl 50 char for this?

My highest is a 43 commando at the moment and because Im a RP'er I dont feel like playing all the way to 50 before I can get him. Id like to get him now and play the rest of my story with HK at my side.

You do need to be level 50 because SectionX is a level 50 area (and the missions).

Once you have him, you can unlock him on your legacy for your other characters.

Its finally here! :) Wooooot!

That said i agree with some posts here, too many comms too fast. Not the daily ones, as daily things for dailly comms are quite expensive and it still takes rather long time to get everything you want from there on a new character (if you even bother with it) But BH comms are just everywhere around us already, BH gear, which is basically Campaign gear will be very easy to get :(

I approve of you taking away BH comms for story mode of Denova nd not adding it in story mode of TFB :)

Anyways, good job giving this to us, i really cant wait for more content :)

So is it true there is no way to solo the HK-51 quest? I am a solo player and I don't mind a challenge but it always kind of sucks when something big like an additional character is dependent on your play-style. I really don't want ths to spark all the guilds and pvpers out there to attack a solo player with the whole "don't play an mmo then" thing it always comes down to.

It is just this. There are a good number of solo mmo players out there, and stuff like this just makes them feel left out of content, it never really turns them into a person who loves grouping suddenly. I understand the that market studies show those people who group tend to play longer so mmo games try to encourage grouping, and I don't mind missing out on some cool looking armor, the gear with the tip-top stats, even vehicles or special pets. Stuff like crafting ingredients, characters, story content, I think should be obtainable to people regardless of play-style. I think especially if you are a subscriber it should at least possible to get the type of aforementioned content even if you like to solo.

I would just love it if there was a way to scale down the content so that someone who played solo could see all of it even if the rewards were much, much less when completing something solo.

OR, OR, OR, or how is this for an idea? A solo server where all content is soloable, perhaps change some rewards so there is still an incentive to play on the group servers and do group missions and Ops. The population on other servers wouldn't suffer in any real way because anyone playing there would not have been looking for a group or doing pvp anyway.

Seriously? They don't know why Fatality was thought to be on Hoth?

How about that Fatality Lore piece that players gained when revealing that area on map? Cause that wouldn't be the original place from pre-release, where they wanted to put it, before switching to Belsavis, right?

Left hand doesn't know what right is doing...

Anyway, I'm glad my own homicidal maniac Droid is coming to the scene.

I think they do know, and their comment was sort of a tongue-in-cheek type, like "This is where it was, but now it's here, so we're changing things up a bit so it seems like it was always there."

Nothing nefarious or ignorant, just a quick lore fix-esque type comment.

Add Gambling on Nar Shadar , add pod racing on tatooine, I mean just things like this adds more depth and gives us more things to do that will make this game more dynamic.

That's a great Idea! Gambling, pod racing or any other major event we have seen in Star Wars movies is simply brilliant! I would love to race guildies or bet against them ;)

That being said, I also feel you're now going to be throwing so many comms at people that they'll accomplish everything they want inside of a few days, and then you're back to where you were at release with everyone being done with nothing else to do / work for.

Too many comms, too fast :(

Except the level cap will be raised soon . . . which means . . . catch my drift here? Get what I'm insinuating? Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, right squire?

Edited by Evgen

Escaping from reality for a bit, I think you guys really need to release everything at once, go back in time, clone yourselves, and release an infinite amount of content every few months. And everything should work for everything.

Everything should affect PVP, PVE, vanity pets, RP and just standing around doing nothing. Get that done last year ok?

And I know that Bioware really believe that their in game fictional characters really exerted mass mind control ever you real people to make you believe that the Fatality was on Hoth, you can see the codec? Mind Control, you can remember getting it in beta? Mind Control. Any of you sillies out there that think that was a bit of a joke about them moving the location of the ship, mind control. And by the way, (waves hand) these are not the forums you are looking for.

Is there any chance that we could see the end to the Dread Masters.

As much fun as it is

fighting enemies that imperial players released from Belsavis to serve the empire.

It feels like its played itself out now and it would be good to get back to the galactic civil war that is raging. For a star wars game there seems to be very little of the wars in it at the moment (with space as it is little of stars either) with most the recent enemies being mad scientists and their rakghoul plagues, gree and their aquisitions race, same faction pvp warzones, no open world warzones, corrupt Correllians, Dreadmaster stooges, Dreadmasters hypergates and now Dreadmasters guards.

So would it be possible to see more in the way of Imperial vs Republic. The war is ment to have started and it would be good for this to be something tied to end game and brought to the fore. Rather than Republic and Imperials constantly joining forces against a common foe.

I totally agree with you. That was one of the big things about this era, making it my favorite in SW, the sith empire fighting the republic. Sure you get a few encounters when leveling up, but nothing on the scale of what it should be.

I totally agree with you. That was one of the big things about this era, making it my favorite in SW, the sith empire fighting the republic. Sure you get a few encounters when leveling up, but nothing on the scale of what it should be.

I'm a completionist - not for pets or Vehicles, but for missions (what can I say, I really like doing every single mission at least once, it's my primary focus in SWTOR). As a result I've noticed just how prevelant the Dread Masters are: Belsavis, Imperials are on the planet to free them and Republic are there to try and retake the prison and restore order. The Eternity Vault - the same bombing run that started the Imperial attempt to free them freed Soa (so in trying to free one imprisoned evil we freed another even older evil... cliché but I like it). Karagga's Palace, he turned on everyone because the DMs invaded his space and he thought it was us. Explosive Content they took control of Kephess. Terror from Beyond they're trying to "Sow Fear." And in [scum & Villainy] they're recruiting the Hutt Cartel and the Geohardian and we have to kill them (I thought I already killed the Geoharidan as Revan:confused:). So after that there's 1 more Operation and then we finally end them on [Lethon/Rakata Prime].

2 more Operations and we can get a new main enemy - please make it Revan. Please, Please, Please *crosses fingers*

Note: Anything in brackets is datamined content.

We might think the Fatality wreck is on Hoth because it is. You can unlock the codex entry there now which tells you about the ship in front of you that has HK assassination droids in it...lol

This guy beat me to the punch. I really hope this was a clue or a joke on the writers behalf, rather than a serious *** moment.

Is there any chance that we could see the end to the Dread Masters.

As much fun as it is

It feels like its played itself out now and it would be good to get back to the galactic civil war that is raging. For a star wars game there seems to be very little of the wars in it at the moment (with space as it is little of stars either) with most the recent enemies being mad scientists and their rakghoul plagues, gree and their aquisitions race, same faction pvp warzones, no open world warzones, corrupt Correllians, Dreadmaster stooges, Dreadmasters hypergates and now Dreadmasters guards.

So would it be possible to see more in the way of Imperial vs Republic. The war is ment to have started and it would be good for this to be something tied to end game and brought to the fore. Rather than Republic and Imperials constantly joining forces against a common foe.

I whole heartedly agree with this assessment. The endgame story should be focused on major battles in an ongoing war...things like we saw in Master Gnost Dural's journal. Also, I'd like to see more done with Korriban and especially Tython. The birthplace of the Jedi/Sith Order's should be more than just a starting area.

Well all I can say is whoever had the bright idea of putting HK-51 quest items in the PVP zone has cost you my sub. I gave the game another try but this has annoyed me enough to unsub. Oh well MMOs steal too much of your time anyways.

I realized today this was probably fully intentional. As an MMO producer you have to give something to every type of player to keep them happy. And the scum sucking camping ganker group is not insignificant.

Section X is great, not a fan of having to PVP my way through to get a part for HK-51 when I'm in an (admittedly RP) PVE server, when all I got is recruit level pvp stuff with gankers hanging around... Aka cyber-bullies with too much time on their hands and even more impotence. But all in all, very good.

Problem? FIX F2P! When a game like DC Universe Online (over at SOE, the ULTIMATE FAIL MMO COMPANY) can loudly and proudly say "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!" and make money off THEIR f2p model, you have done something wrong with the picture. Notice how subbers are the ones complaining? Because WE actually WANT the game to succeed.