Can anyone name a Minigame like GSF that has done well ?

General_Brass

Oh and as far as vets preying on noobs, I think any good pilot will tell you that you kill from the top down. take out the biggest threat, then the next, then the next..... If you focus on new pilots your score may climb fast but you leave your *** hanging in the wind to get chewed on by good pilots.

No, you kill in the way that will get your team over the finish line first. Sometimes you focus aces, and let your team deal with the noobs.

I'm wagering that most of the time, you're better off to your team efficiently removing as many of the other teams weaker players as you can, as quickly as possible. Compare kill order in PVE - distract the "boss" while you eliminate the easy kills so they don't swarm you with attrition, and then focus the "boss." Their aces may get you as you're doing this, but if you can flip a 5:1 K/D off their non-aces before they can stop you, your team comes out ahead. Unkind perhaps, but math is amoral.

Please note that I'm not saying people should take notes on who the 2-shippers are at load screen and kill them out of spawn, but if you specifically go after named aces, you might not be using your time the most efficiently. The top pilots can kite even other top pilots for a LONG time, sometimes.

You don't have to "hack" their targeting system, it always shows your targets target (once the information loads) :rolleyes:

Do you really think that removing call signs would help new players? I personally would love it, people hunt me from the beginning of the match to the end, if left alone I could be truly dangerous. Dropping in on unsuspecting targets would be easy, and people would wait too long too react since they dont know its me back there.

A name is not the only giveaway for a new player, you only learn if they or good or not after the first encounter (then you remember the name). In that same vein of thought the way someone flies is a better indicator if they are new or not, I can pick them out from pretty far away now (name or no name)

This would just end up hurting new players, since they could never know who exactly was the threat and who wasn't. But sure go ahead with that and see how it works out, I would have a very good time (which is not your intention I think)

Oh and as far as vets preying on noobs, I think any good pilot will tell you that you kill from the top down. take out the biggest threat, then the next, then the next..... If you focus on new pilots your score may climb fast but you leave your *** hanging in the wind to get chewed on by good pilots.

The confusing thing is that if you make yourself a threat to an ace they will kill you, so even if you manage to do well as a new player, all they are going to do is pay more attention to you (which can be a bad thing). Its a learning experience though, and nothing can be traded in place of that experience. Getting good involves dying a lot (at least in the beginning)

I'd think it would be good for most people not just new players.

1. It would flatten out the communication advantage people on voip have over those just using text.

2. It would help new players avoid the trap of revenge hunting, hard to do when you don't know who killed you.

3. While you can only identify who is new and who isn't by how they fly you would have to make that determination every time you target someone. This makes it harder to use cheap tricks on people right from the get go.

Admittedly if we ever did get a dedicated server or cross server queues much of this would be unneeded.

Edited by General_Brass

No, you kill in the way that will get your team over the finish line first. Sometimes you focus aces, and let your team deal with the noobs.

I'm wagering that most of the time, you're better off to your team efficiently removing as many of the other teams weaker players as you can, as quickly as possible. Compare kill order in PVE - distract the "boss" while you eliminate the easy kills so they don't swarm you with attrition, and then focus the "boss." Their aces may get you as you're doing this, but if you can flip a 5:1 K/D off their non-aces before they can stop you, your team comes out ahead. Unkind perhaps, but math is amoral.

Please note that I'm not saying people should take notes on who the 2-shippers are at load screen and kill them out of spawn, but if you specifically go after named aces, you might not be using your time the most efficiently. The top pilots can kite even other top pilots for a LONG time, sometimes.

This is true, a good pilot takes advantage of any and all weaknesses. But I do honestly deal with the biggest threat first, if however there is little to no threat I kill anyone/everyone as fast as I can starting at the closest person and working my way out.

My "Must Kill First List" includes gunships, approaching bombers, and any scout engaging a teammate. Strikes are usually my last concern (and generally take the most time to kill save bombers) if none of these threats exists I go for whatever is closest / easiest.

Newer pilots cant capitalize off missile lock times or abilities like a veteran can, so you can generally kite several newer pilots while focusing on a veteran. There are times when you have to deal with a weak link first, but for me at least far more often its going after a veteran while the rest of the team deals with the others.

I didn't realize there was a Republic Journal of Operations Research, Perhaps the Sith Industrial engineering society, Transactions of the association for stellar military science ?

Of course the force only knows what standards of proof I would have to meet to convince people that feel their great skill overwhelms material advantage otherwise.

So you are full of crap, you have no actual data, standard methodology, etc. Do you understand what I mean by metrics driven development? See the fine folks at BioWare gather this actual data and they actually study it using some pretty standard methodologies to gain insight on just what you're whining about. Do you think you are smarter and more enlighten than the people that have all the real data? The people that made the game?

Beyond very basic return player data, you cannot know anything.

Your supposition boils down to, people with better tools are always better at using a tool. I have a very basic example to prove your supposition moronic.

I give you the game of baseball.

Little league players are allowed to use high tech bats, the rules of Major League Baseball say they are not allowed. Only wood. Since the little league players have a better tool they should be able to preform at the same or better rate as the players that have spent the time to practice and learn.

By your logic little Timmy, the twelve year old with a high tech ceramic bat that [has been proven with metric driven development practices] to be far superior to wood; will be able to perform at the same rate as a major league player.

Right.

Are you really Sir Copperfield or Marty Mar? You are a gaming legend, huh.

So you are full of crap

As I suspected. You are just trying to escalate this into name calling and take it away from any actual discussion. The good thing is that you were very obvious.

Edit: Wow should of recognized your pilots, From Pot5 and arguing this ? Pot5 is where I collected my data before I left, and it's the poster child of just what a cesspit GSF can degenerate into. You have entire factions there running 90%+ loss rates for days at a time.

Edited by General_Brass

Wow. That's a really elaborate lead in just to say you don't like getting beaten by better players that sometimes group up. Save the drama for your mama and just come out and say what you mean. Be a man!

I've had a good group I've been running with for a few months now and our VOIP usually consists on talking build strategies or what we had for dinner. The type of coordination some people think exists just isn't very common. I mean really, haven't you ever played any shooters with built in VOIP? What did you hear people talk about. People rarely talk about the game or actual strategy beyond the superficial stuff that any experienced player doesn't already know.

I also pug alot and never have trouble getting up high on the scoreboard or contribute to my team. It just takes time and experience. If you fly often enough you'll get to know the regulars on your server and won't have any problems grouping if you want to. Really the best reason for grouping is that you get much faster queues.

QFT. From past experience with those types of utilities, our conversations consisted of what we ate, what we farted and what we watched on the television. Players that use these devices most likely are very experienced and would kick your butt no matter what.

QFT. From past experience with those types of utilities, our conversations consisted of what we ate, what we farted and what we watched on the television. Players that use these devices most likely are very experienced and would kick your butt no matter what.

Amazing how many people use these things for gameplay but never talk about the game they are playing. Pretty damn amazing. It's also pretty amazing that almost every time I am in a group using it, the fight is whats talked about.

So Cool story bro ? Heck maybe the people using them for OPS don't talk about the ops as well.

Edited by General_Brass