Light Side Sith Inquisitor

redhotllama

I recently rolled a LS Sith and it's been a lot of fun. Especially pissing off my sith masters when I choose the light side options.

As far as story goes though, is a LS sith like an undercover jedi spy, or more like a sith devoted to the Empire with a moral code?

The way I see it, a LS Inquisitor is someone that places the needs of the Empire above oneself. You spare the lives of prisoners because that person has vital information that will directly help the Empire, or keeping that person alive will benefit the Empire because news of that person's defeat will make the Republic look weak. A LS Inquisitor looks at the bigger picture, instead of the immediate results of killing someone. Edited by SithZigg

The way I see it, a LS Inquisitor is someone that places the needs of the Empire above oneself. You spare the lives of prisoners because that person has vital information that will directly help the Empire, or keeping that person alive will benefit the Empire because news of that person's defeat will make the Republic look weak. A LS Inquisitor looks at the bigger picture, instead of the immediate results of killing someone.

Pretty much this, your really just thinking about the Empire as a whole. Your working for the community and not your own personnel agenda.

I can't comment as much about the Inquisitor, but at least on the Warrior, the impression I got is that LS = considering a situation and doing what'll work out best for the Empire/for you even if it's not as immediately personally satisfying, while DS = killing those people that just really annoyed you, even though they were the only ones who knew where your next objective was. Restraining yourself vs giving into your whims and passions basically, and you can come up with any number of characters to fit either type, in terms of loyalties and goals.

The way I see it, a LS Inquisitor is someone that places the needs of the Empire above oneself. You spare the lives of prisoners because that person has vital information that will directly help the Empire, or keeping that person alive will benefit the Empire because news of that person's defeat will make the Republic look weak. A LS Inquisitor looks at the bigger picture, instead of the immediate results of killing someone.

I wouldn't say so. I think putting the empire above yourself would lead to some light-side and some dark side decisions. Just can say for the warrior: On Korriban you have to decide the fate of 3 prisoners: If you do all the LS choices, you

-assign an asassin to imperial inteligence (benefits the Empire)

-let a former leader who fails stay in prison (waste of ressources, doesn't benefit the Empire)

-release an innocent alien (he now has knowledge of the imperial prison facilities, could possibly harm the empire)

Your overseer will like the first and dislike the other two.

So a LS Sith is imperial and wants the best for the Empire. But he also has personal morals.

You're a former slave. On Korriban you can make the LS choice and free a certain Jedi. He will say he is sorry that you were found by the Sith, and you would be a Jedi " if things were different..."

If, the most important word ever.

You could grow to believe in the Siths philosophy of embracing Emotions. But embracing Emotions doesn't mean you have to be an epic douche.

Edited by maxetius

I recently rolled a LS Sith and it's been a lot of fun. Especially pissing off my sith masters when I choose the light side options.

As far as story goes though, is a LS sith like an undercover jedi spy, or more like a sith devoted to the Empire with a moral code?

I play a jk and in my story there is a pure blood doth that leaves the empire. I think he leaves because he sees how evil the sith really are. This could what the ls sith is.

The idea is that neither faction is inherently good, evil, Light, or Dark. The individuals within them, then, can be anywhere on the spectrum that they like.

The Light Imperial stories follow the notion of a good person in an evil setting - which can make for an incredibly compelling story.

-assign an asassin to imperial inteligence (benefits the Empire)

-let a former leader who fails stay in prison (waste of ressources, doesn't benefit the Empire)

-release an innocent alien (he now has knowledge of the imperial prison facilities, could possibly harm the empire)

As I recall, it was also Light to give the second guy a "trial by combat". He still dies, but he does so in what is essentially a manner of his own choosing. Sort of a "when the fall is all that's left, it matters a great deal" sort of thing. I got the impression that's also precisely what he WANTED.

From the warrior point of view, and subsequently keeping Jaesa Wilsaam light side, she believes that you are on a revolutionary path within the Sith Empire. You're working your way up, to affect a positive change from within, not necessarily the downfall. Sometimes when you make choices that attack the Republic directly, Jaesa will disagree with your decision; however, she also confesses not to know your personal agenda.

When I first decided to go LS, it was because of the sith code itself.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

The Sith Code speaks of passion as a strength, and I think the Star Wars developers have taken that to a huge extreme with the racial hatred, sexual abuse, and overall hatred of the Sith Empire. My personal character believed in the power of passion; but not necessarily the negative passions. Love, compassion, pity, etc are all emotions that conflict with the Jedi Code, and therefore fall under the Sith Code. So, imo, the Sith Code perfectly encompasses light side sith as well; I'm not sure why sith are so extremely motivated through hatred.

LS Sith also do not follow the Jedi philosophy throughout the game, there were very few times where my character pursued justice. I foudn that the light side choices generally had nothing to do with seeking justice, which is what the Jedi Code is all about. The jedi are not good guys, they are actually neutral, much like a jury in a courtroom. They make judgements based on pure information, not passions such as pity.

So, from my p.o.v, the LS sith is just someone who decides to embrace the positive passions of humanity, and not necessarily the negative ones. Of course, I'm no expert so perhaps I'm just wrong :p

Edited by Selixx

Nope, killing him at all is Dark. It may have been what he wanted, but no one but him likes that decision and earns you DS points.

I might need to replay it, but I'm fairly certain on this one - my Assassin didn't get any DS until Nar Shadaa, and I did give him the trial by combat.

From the warrior point of view, and subsequently keeping Jaesa Wilsaam light side, she believes that you are on a revolutionary path within the Sith Empire. You're working your way up, to affect a positive change from within, not necessarily the downfall. Sometimes when you make choices that attack the Republic directly, Jaesa will disagree with your decision; however, she also confesses not to know your personal agenda.

The Force shall free me.

The Sith Code speaks of passion as a strength, and I think the Star Wars developers have taken that to a huge extreme with the racial hatred, sexual abuse, and overall hatred of the Sith Empire. My personal character believed in the power of passion; but not necessarily the negative passions. Love, compassion, pity, etc are all emotions that conflict with the Jedi Code, and therefore fall under the Sith Code. So, imo, the Sith Code perfectly encompasses light side sith as well; I'm not sure why sith are so extremely motivated through hatred.

LS Sith also do not follow the Jedi philosophy throughout the game, there were very few times where my character pursued justice. I foudn that the light side choices generally had nothing to do with seeking justice, which is what the Jedi Code is all about. The jedi are not good guys, they are actually neutral, much like a jury in a courtroom. They make judgements based on pure information, not passions such as pity.

So, from my p.o.v, the LS sith is just someone who decides to embrace the positive passions of humanity, and not necessarily the negative ones. Of course, I'm no expert so perhaps I'm just wrong :p

As far as the Sith code goes, I'm still hoping to see options that let the Light Sith tear a strip off of someone who thinks it demands anger and fear...

From an RP perspective, I do prefer to look at my Assassin as being largely driven by the more noble passions.

Edited by Inarai

I might need to replay it, but I'm fairly certain on this one - my Assassin didn't get any DS until Nar Shadaa, and I did give him the trial by combat.

Isn't it a Warrior class quest. I got 50 DS points for trail by combat.

As far as the Sith code goes, I'm still hoping to see options that let the Light Sith tear a strip off of someone who thinks it demands anger and fear...

I think that's not the main point. The Sith code demands to gain power. If the positive passions are weakening you, you have to replace them by more useful ones. (That's what an Overseer would say, not what I think.)

Edited by Maaruin

Not just that, but zapping people (aka torture) even if it is scripted to be 100% full proof to where you zap and they say the truth (though it shouldn't be) isn't always 100% full proof because people will say just about anything to have the torture stop.

when they speak on passion, they speak to let your self go and fall for what you crave most, like hatred, Love / obsession, anger, rage etc in order to fuel you through the force ( true love its not a passion, thus the big diference) ,and the other big diference is the sith code is basicaly a pass that gives you the abilitie to do everything you wish with your power because you can.

While the jedi code its the oposite, its not neutral at all. there are other force sensitivity groups in the lore that are indeed neutral in the force, not the jedi, they chose to be peacekeepers, of the republic, and act out of selfshiness for the greater good, to maintain a way of life. so they arent realy neutral, what the jedi code ofers, in fact its way to surpass fear, wich is the only way to gain true strengh in the force, and that is why the jedi always win dark side users in the end. One fueled by fear, other fueled by serenity, and harmony or you can say non fear, on the long run wich side is more prone to crack? the jedi or the sith? off cours ethe sith philosophy. well that is the way i see it though.

Isn't it a Warrior class quest. I got 50 DS points for trail by combat.

Im pretty sure its a class quest of the sith warrior, i cant remember if you combat him it gives you DS or LS points. But i think it is still dark side. Edited by Spartanik

On Taris there is a quest about the Nekghouls that a Jedi Master is training to use the Light Side.

I choose the Light Side option of letting them live and corrupting them to the Dark Side, and they killed the wounded Jedi Master. DS option was to kill them and then kill the Jedi Master yourself. Limits of Sith and Imperial LS - from the point of view of the Jedi, the DS option of killing the Nekghouls instead of corrupting them would have been more LS I guess.

LS Sith can be worse than DS sometimes. Again, on Taris

my SI spared Orda. Just for him to end up tortured. More merciful might have been just go DS and kill him.

Edited by Rouge

That doesn't work out when some of the Light options are the opposite of that. The Light Sith and Light Jedi both do things that can be seen as to the detriment of their faction, but they do them because it's the right thing to do.

However, the fact is that in any media dealing with reasonably complex moral dilemmas there will always be debate over what is actually the right thing to do - which is why, for example, the "Paragade" is so popular in the Mass Effect games.

Edited by Inarai

You can be a ls inquisitor while still supporting the principals of the Empire. My LS SI hates the Republic and feels the Jedi order are deceitful hypocrites (after all the Jedi have killed and committed genocide "to protect the Peace"). Remember Korriban? it wasn't a dead world until after the Jedi arrived at the end of the last war.

Personally she also loathes most of her fellow Sith. She hates the way they use the Sith philosophy (which she does believe in) as an excuse for self interest and unnecessary acts of barbarism.

Her anger fuels her, and with it she will free her Empire, even if she has to kill ever other Sith (including the Emperor) to do so. And anything that threatens her Empire will be destroyed, and to ensure this she will see the Republic broken.

Edited to add: I've made more than a few DS choices along the way, but I'm rank IV LS so consider her to be a LS character)

Edited by Elbrop

As people have said before a light side SI seems more like someone who is devoted 100% to the Empire. BUT if I wants to go that route, I would have played an Agent my first time through. ;)

I'm a Sith because I want to be an evil bastard, darnit!

The Force shall free me.

I think it is just because hatred is much more easy to harness or feel and the more that it is done the harder it is to break away from using such an emotion kinda like an addiction.