Make Shae Vizla's Armor earnable in the Fleet Bazaar....

Volthammer

Oh look, another "let's make rare/expensive stuff free/easy to get" post. I am positive this will go as well as the others.. :cool:

That's right. And they will continue to be made whether you like it or not. "Expensive" is entirely a profound understatement. Part of the problem with the astronomically exorbitant prices on the GTN is the utterly absurd low drop rate for these things. They're a little too rare.

Edited to say that I never actually said "free/easy to get". That was you. It would still be a grind to earn but still better than the grind to gain the credits to afford the prices on the GTN. Gaining these items through chance cubes, in their current state, borders on the impossible, thus the purely unbelievable prices on the GTN. Thank God I have no interest in the unstable light sabers. At 100 mil each, roughly, only a very, very few can begin to afford that.

Edited by Volthammer

That's right. And they will continue to be made whether you like it or not. "Expensive" is entirely a profound understatement. Part of the problem with the astronomically exorbitant prices on the GTN is the utterly absurd low drop rate for these things. They're a little too rare.

Edited to say that I never actually said "free/easy to get". That was you. It would still be a grind to earn but still better than the grind to gain the credits to afford the prices on the GTN. Gaining these items through chance cubes, in their current state, borders on the impossible, thus the purely unbelievable prices on the GTN. Thank God I have no interest in the unstable light sabers. At 100 mil each, roughly, only a very, very few can begin to afford that.

So, basically you don't want to what is necessary to obtain that "shiny" you want, so you expect BW to solve your imagined problem?

You might find some support from others with a similar entitled attitude.

I think you will find many more that believe if you want something available in game, then you should be willing to do what is needed to obtain that "shiny"--whether that be PVP, farming credits, OPS or any other activity.

In the end, it really comes down to a personal choice. If you want that "shiny" enough, then you will do what is necessary to obtain it. If you don't want to do what is necessary to obtain that "shiny", then you must not want it badly enough.

So, basically you don't want to what is necessary to obtain that "shiny" you want, so you expect BW to solve your imagined problem?

You might find some support from others with a similar entitled attitude.

I think you will find many more that believe if you want something available in game, then you should be willing to do what is needed to obtain that "shiny"--whether that be PVP, farming credits, OPS or any other activity.

In the end, it really comes down to a personal choice. If you want that "shiny" enough, then you will do what is necessary to obtain it. If you don't want to do what is necessary to obtain that "shiny", then you must not want it badly enough.

You're one of those people who greatly exaggerates what another may say. I didn't say I want it for free. I didn't even say I wanted it easy, but trying to choke up tens of millions, or hundreds even, is a titanic grindfest. I will not buy Cartel Packs any longer. The odds of acquiring a super rare have dropped so low that they're near non-existent, and I'm convinced that this is why GTN prices have gone so sky high.

As far as your accusation of me feeling "entitled"...ha ha ha ha ha! You're an incredibly presumptuous, narcissistic, and offensive person. I certainly am not one of those individuals that feels "entitled" to just whatever I want. I'm simply asking for Bioware to make some things a bit more available that are otherwise nearly impossible to gain access to.

And, as far as anyone knows, you very well may be one of those people helping to cause this grievous GTN inflation. Get used to me, Rata. I'll be here for a long time asking for changes from Bioware just like this. Might as well put me on ignore.

You're one of those people who greatly exaggerates what another may say. I didn't say I want it for free. I didn't even say I wanted it easy, but trying to choke up tens of millions, or hundreds even, is a titanic grindfest. I will not buy Cartel Packs any longer. The odds of acquiring a super rare have dropped so low that they're near non-existent, and I'm convinced that this is why GTN prices have gone so sky high.

As far as your accusation of me feeling "entitled"...ha ha ha ha ha! You're an incredibly presumptuous, narcissistic, and offensive person. I certainly am not one of those individuals that feels "entitled" to just whatever I want. I'm simply asking for Bioware to make some things a bit more available that are otherwise nearly impossible to gain access to.

And, as far as anyone knows, you very well may be one of those people helping to cause this grievous GTN inflation. Get used to me, Rata. I'll be here for a long time asking for changes from Bioware just like this. Might as well put me on ignore.

I won't put you on ignore, but you might as well get used to me being here.

I'll be here for a long time asking BW NOT to make changes that are demanded by the entitled that are unwilling to do what is necessary to obtain those shinies that they covet.

Feel free to put me on ignore.

Okay you want them put on bounty contracts so to make it fair due to the rare drop of this armor to put it on the bounty contracts it should be about 50 or more contracts to tie in with the rarity of the item.

Given the fact that completed bounty contracts are unbound and can be freely traded or sold on the GTN, I think that 50 contracts is probably far, far too low a price.

I just checked the GTN. I know GTN prices are volatile, but at the moment, it would cost about 40 million to purchase the helm, chest, gloves, belt, pants and boots from Shae Vizla's armor set. There were no bracers for sale, at the moment. Compare that to an average of 50,000 to 60,000 per completed bounty contract.

Am I saying make the cost 800 completed contracts? No, but I do think that 50 completed contracts is far too low a price for a complete set of Shae Vizla's armor.

Why stop at Shae Vizla's armour? Why not just have every armour that's ever been sold in packs or direct from the CM available for Contracts? Because it's the way spoiled little brats see things these days, they can't bear for someone else to have something that they can't have, so if you give one person what they want, you're going to have 50 more people asking for the same thing. So, now we have every armour set available, we'll have to have all the weapons available too. In fact, let's just make everything you can obtain ever, available for trading at events.

And in the end, we "grind" for a couple of hours and can trade for any cosmetic we want. Can't wait to see how this game's income is after the first few weeks of that. I'm sure EA will continue to give an ample budget to Bioware when there's no money coming back from the CM.

But, hey, it's only an armour set, and I really, really want it.

Edited by CrazyCT

Given the fact that completed bounty contracts are unbound and can be freely traded or sold on the GTN, I think that 50 contracts is probably far, far too low a price.

I just checked the GTN. I know GTN prices are volatile, but at the moment, it would cost about 40 million to purchase the helm, chest, gloves, belt, pants and boots from Shae Vizla's armor set. There were no bracers for sale, at the moment. Compare that to an average of 50,000 to 60,000 per completed bounty contract.

Am I saying make the cost 800 completed contracts? No, but I do think that 50 completed contracts is far too low a price for a complete set of Shae Vizla's armor.

Ah, I don't do the bounty hunter's stuff so I wasn't sure so mine was an estimate at what I thought might take a while. So you are probably right if (a big if) they ever did this then yes it should be a lot higher.

Pertty please? :) Not free, of course, but able to be earned through bounty contracts and such. It is the most ideal, coolest looking armor set for PT's and Mercs. :D

You know there's already armor out there with very similar designs that dye better than Shae's armor. All you have to do is look for it. The best part of her armor is the helmet and only because it sits better than any others I've found.

But I'd say a fair price on the BBA merchant would be 1000 BC - 1500 BC per piece.

YI will not buy Cartel Packs any longer.

See - that's the problem. They intentionally made it really hard to get the super rares from the CM and I seriously doubt that they'll give something for free if they can get $ for it. I don't like it but i honestly don't like the whole f2p bs to begin with.