PvE NPCs Do Too Little Damage at High level / Max Level

NeoNSoNicXJR

Ok after playing this game for 4 years I have to say my only complaint is how easy the PvE is at high level / max level. Example AT-ST-like Walkers from shadow of revan / knights of the fallen empire do like 10% damage to your health at lvl 60 - 65 basically these things should be able to do enough damage to your health to kill you even with a healer not this tank and spank thing we got going now where u just have a healer and with most mobs at high level you just take 10% damage with a healer, its just too easy.

The scalable difficulty of the planets is a very good start but still most mobs dont even dent your health with the scaling I propose the developers fix this bug / problem where scaled npcs at high level / max level dont deal enough damage to make the PvE even remotely interesting.

Basically, they should increase the PvE NPC damage across the board for / when high level / max level.

Thoughts?

Devs should make the pve gameplay challenging to encourage replayability to be honest.

This is probably the easiest game ive ever played.

Have you ever played Star Wars Galaxies? that game had challenging PvE during the Combat Upgrade pre CU and NGE was plagued by buffs so that gameplay was easy.

But im not here to make this an SWG thread, I was just using that MMORPG star wars game as an example of a decent challenge for PvE.

Any more thoughts? Or is this game dead. U can basically just walk through all the PvE in this game cause the npcs dont even damage your health when high level. This needs to be fixed.

Devs what do you think?

Doing that doesnt fix how broke high level PvE is. most npcs do literally 0 damage with their special abiltities and default attacks, its an issue that should be addressed to keep people interested in this game.

You say that, but you might not speak for everyone. My mother literally cannot get past that silver knight at the end of Chapter 8, right before you fight Arcann. She's played all 8 stories and plays at least 3 hours a day, and this silver knight beats her every single time. She just died and ran past him while stealthed to get to the elevator.

Pre-KOTFE she never did Heroics because they were too hard for her. Now she does them on 8 characters every week. There are other similar cases. Basically she enjoys the game because it is easy. The easiness of the game is what keeps her interested--she can enjoy the story without hitting her head against a wall.

Like it or not, when faced with challenge, a lot of people just move on to something else instead of trying to improve. If there are more people like my mother than there are like you in terms of skill, they made the right choice.

You say that, but you might not speak for everyone. My mother literally cannot get past that silver knight at the end of Chapter 8, right before you fight Arcann. She's played all 8 stories and plays at least 3 hours a day, and this silver knight beats her every single time. She just died and ran past him while stealthed to get to the elevator.

Pre-KOTFE she never did Heroics because they were too hard for her. Now she does them on 8 characters every week. There are other similar cases. Basically she enjoys the game because it is easy. The easiness of the game is what keeps her interested--she can enjoy the story without hitting her head against a wall.

Like it or not, when faced with challenge, a lot of people just move on to something else instead of trying to improve. If there are more people like my mother than there are like you in terms of skill, they made the right choice.

Well that is interesting, because you can switch your comp to healing mode, aggro the mob, get up from the computer, go out for a vacation, fight through the world war 3, go on a mars expedition, come back and you would still be alive.

Well that is interesting, because you can switch your comp to healing mode, aggro the mob, get up from the computer, go out for a vacation, fight through the world war 3, go on a mars expedition, come back and you would still be alive.

Normally you can, and that's how she gets through Heroics. However you might recall that after you leave Koth and HK in Chapter 8, you're alone for a brief period of time and can't summon a companion. That's when she dies.

Normally you can, and that's how she gets through Heroics. However you might recall that after you leave Koth and HK in Chapter 8, you're alone for a brief period of time and can't summon a companion. That's when she dies.

Oh I see, I was mistaken then, sorry. :)

This problem is inherent to the combat system, unfortunately. There's very few ways in which mob damage can be increased without making life too difficult for some class/spec/gear level. Hypothetically, each class could be given a particular way to mitigate this (larger heals, much tougher armour, higher dps), but all this will achieve is upsetting the delicate class balance.

The solution is to make regular mobs hit for low damage. This also has the benefit of allowing new / inexperienced people to explore the worlds without becoming frustrated whilst also making the game more accessible.

In a system more reliant on reflexes and tactics and not so much on pure number-crunching, we wouldn't have this issue as we'd have a larger realm of techniques to avoid damage from harder-hitting enemies.

• 2 weeks later...
This problem is inherent to the combat system, unfortunately. There's very few ways in which mob damage can be increased without making life too difficult for some class/spec/gear level. Hypothetically, each class could be given a particular way to mitigate this (larger heals, much tougher armour, higher dps), but all this will achieve is upsetting the delicate class balance.

The solution is to make regular mobs hit for low damage. This also has the benefit of allowing new / inexperienced people to explore the worlds without becoming frustrated whilst also making the game more accessible.

In a system more reliant on reflexes and tactics and not so much on pure number-crunching, we wouldn't have this issue as we'd have a larger realm of techniques to avoid damage from harder-hitting enemies.

What im trying to say is most NPCs are bugged their special attacks deal 0 damage and u walk away from fights with 100% health every time this is literally everywhere and on most heroic +2 missions as well this is suppose to be high end content to keep replayability in the game and keep people interested, the npcs should be fixed.

What im trying to say is most NPCs are bugged their special attacks deal 0 damage and u walk away from fights with 100% health every time this is literally everywhere and on most heroic +2 missions as well this is suppose to be high end content to keep replayability in the game and keep people interested, the npcs should be fixed.

List of specific examples (specific NPCs at specific map coordinates) so that people can go out and verify this claim? Some of us have probably not noticed this (I know I haven't (if I'm running with a healer companion the fight ends with health high because of the healing and if I'm running with a tank or DPS companion the fight will end with a fair amount of damage on one or both of us (unless my character is the healer of course), at least in my observation)) and don't know what you're going on about.

(Also, if the devs see your topic and look into the issue it'd help them to know as many of the bugged cases as possible so they know exactly what they're looking for. Although it's probably more likely to be seen by the right people if you submit your list as a bug report.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho