Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a new (desperate) change of tactic...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Time for a new (desperate) change of tactic...

warstory
03.08.2013 , 08:32 PM | #41
better late than never as they say i shutdown 2 flava of the months tonight. i have a extra force push for good measure lol
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

MidichIorian
03.08.2013 , 09:40 PM | #42
The only plausible explanation at this point is that they're trying to kill the game.

And what better way to do it than to make everyone play the same thing. That's going to be fun for about a week.

It's just beyond me how they can be so out of touch with their community or what they see on their screens. And by screens I mean when they're watcxhing streams, it's obvious that they've never actually played the game,

Zajfien
03.09.2013 , 02:25 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
This I don't get. Do I get beaten by them sometimes? Sure. But usually when they get the drop on me, not a general rule.

Madness is certainly better against marauders than lightning right now on live but I really don't have any trouble killing them when I'm spec'd madness. You've got plenty of dots, so all you need to do is dot them up, death field, force slow, kite. Their range is 4m so you don't need to be far away. Stun them when they hit their immunity cooldown for maximum profit.

Now as lightning its a pain - if not impossible - to beat a competent marauder 1vs1 - but at least you have bubble stun to hold out for a bit while hopefully your team picks him up and peels him off you.
I don't spec dmg... i enjoy rolling as heals. my dots don't do jack i have to stand still to do most my healing which is about impossible with all the interrupts a mara uses against me... and when i do scramble to get away the CCs kick in and he easily is on me again. slow does nothing to stop him from leaping.

SoonerJBD
03.10.2013 , 12:44 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
You play a sent and a vanguard, don't you?
Yes, anyone who disagrees with your whining must just play another class. Spare me. I have four 50s. My Sage was my first. My Sorc was my second. They are the only characters I PvP with. I've been in full war hero gear on both for months. I have a Jugg tank and a Watchman Sentinel that have no PvP gear and have never played a single warzone.

As difficult as I am sure it is for you to believe, some people actually have a great time PvPing with their Sorcs and actually do quite well in warzones. Maybe you should ask those people for tips instead of just complaining constantly.

SoonerJBD
03.10.2013 , 01:00 PM | #45
It's all about play style. The majority of people who continue complaining about how bad Sorcs are in PvP are just not interested in playing a Sorc properly. If you want to stand toe-to-toe with your opponents and beat on them mercilessly until they die, you need to be playing a melee class. If you want to stay at range and cast hard-hitting burst abilities while staying uninterruptable, you should play a marksmanship Sniper.

A Sorc is meant to use dots, AOE and CC and stay mobile. It seems the Lightning tree in 2.0 will also give you the option to play more like a sniper. If this isn't how you want to play, you are playing the wrong class.

Sorcs are perfectly capable of being competitive in PvP and even dominating warzones if used properly. If you insist on playing your Sorc like a Marauder or Sniper, you are going to be sorely disappointed. But that doesn't mean the class is broken.