Serendiptious vs Boundless ages

Kyuuu

So out of curiosity what do people thing is better

Proc on damage/heal for 550 power for 6secs every 20 secs

or

On demand for 425power for 30 seconds

If you could use 1 or the other which would it be and why?

Clearly its situational and it's not a straight case of A > B

For bashing a dummy SA is better

For getting power when you want it for a specific burst phase BA is better.

Edited by Gyronamics

Yeah, I'm pretty sure SA gives better results over time (to lazy to do the math right now), but is somewhat unpredictable, and it's bonus is spread out over the duration of the fight. BA on the other hand, might not be as good over time, but in stop-and-go fights, or fights with distinct burn phases, being able to use it on-demand when you really need it is useful.

In the end, I think you might want one of each. I'm pretty sure both are superior to the damage-proc relics, which are really the only other choice. That means you have to choose between 2 SA, 2 BA, or 1 SA and 1 BA. Having two of the power procs of different tiers (so they don't share a cooldown) might give the best numbers on a dummy. But considering the number of fights with burn phases, having one BA relic to pop when you need the extra damage might be better.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure SA gives better results over time (to lazy to do the math right now), but is somewhat unpredictable, and it's bonus is spread out over the duration of the fight. BA on the other hand, might not be as good over time, but in stop-and-go fights, or fights with distinct burn phases, being able to use it on-demand when you really need it is useful.

In the end, I think you might want one of each. I'm pretty sure both are superior to the damage-proc relics, which are really the only other choice. That means you have to choose between 2 SA, 2 BA, or 1 SA and 1 BA. Having two of the power procs of different tiers (so they don't share a cooldown) might give the best numbers on a dummy. But considering the number of fights with burn phases, having one BA relic to pop when you need the extra damage might be better.

SA definitely does more power over time. It isn't even that close. However, the problem with SA is that it procs immediately following an attack so often you have a gcd wasted with that power. Often for classes that rely on the GCD (Pretty much all melee) you really only are gettting 4.5 seconds of extra power. So I would say the BA is better for melee. Also, you have no choice when that power procs, so often it will proc when you use your weakest abilities, which is not optimal.

Edited by bbare