Min/Maxers Getting Screwed

Lavindathar

Ok, so I like the game. A lot.

I've stuck up for it through various moments, all the legacy stuff in patch 1.2 which I hate (non sith get force choke? SIGH). I can deal with it all.

But why now are you screwing min/maxers with the mods on rakata gear?

IT WAS YOUR MISTAKE.

Not have a clue what I'm on about?

Lets take my class, the Operative. And most other classess too. Hit full rakata gear, you end up with about 114% accuracy. The cap is 108%.

So, obviously you have to downgrade mods, and if your lucky you can do it from boss drops with i58 mods. If not, you use columi or champion mods (i56).

Now, in 1.2 all rakata gear is getting its mods changed, to fix Biowares itemisation error. Good job Bioware, its a much needed fix.

However, if you've already altered the mods on your raktata gear, your stuck with them. So for all of us who are trying to be the best, we are stuck with i56 enchancements, while the others who have no clue/lazy get their wasted accuracy turned to surge or power or whatever.

You need to fix Rakata gear yes.

BUT FIX IT ALL. Whether its been modded or not. Even if you dont refund the i56 ones, just give us decent i58 mods in our rakata.

Edited by Lavindathar

You don't need min maxing to kill anything in any mode in PvE Ops in this game.

I'm thinking you'll be on of the first to cry nerf to the new content in 1.2.

People in BiS gear are barely making it on story mode (the easiest mode).

lol you took them out, so deal with the repurcussions.

To fix Biowares lazy itemisation team?

You think I want to run around with i56 mods in my Rakata gear? I have no choice. Cos someone decided giving me 115% accuracy in full rakata was a good move, when the cap is 108.

hehe, Silly Spreadsheeter

No need to spreadsheet lmao. Wow yes, SWTOR, no.

Pretty basic math, which my kids could do.

If I have a bag that can hold 108 apples, but I have 115 apples, what happens to the other 7 apples?

They go in the Bin.

Even by downsizing mods, that 7% accuracy has granted me a load of surge, crit and power.

But it should be equal.

lol you took them out, so deal with the repurcussions.

And unless you guys play on REALLY bad servers, pretty much all guilds on our server do this. Anyone who has rakata has 58/56 in it.

Edited by Lavindathar

In the other game that shall not be named, I have spent 300+ wipes on a single encounter before beating it. So, trying to make me cry because of wipes is a bit tough.

Ok, so I like the game. A lot.

I've stuck up for it through various moments, all the legacy stuff in patch 1.2 which I hate (non sith get force choke? SIGH). I can deal with it all.

But why now are you screwing min/maxers with the mods on rakata gear?

IT WAS YOUR MISTAKE.

Not have a clue what I'm on about?

Lets take my class, the Operative. And most other classess too. Hit full rakata gear, you end up with about 114% accuracy. The cap is 108%.

So, obviously you have to downgrade mods, and if your lucky you can do it from boss drops with i58 mods. If not, you use columi or champion mods (i56).

Now, in 1.2 all rakata gear is getting its mods changed, to fix Biowares itemisation error. Good job Bioware, its a much needed fix.

However, if you've already altered the mods on your raktata gear, your stuck with them. So for all of us who are trying to be the best, we are stuck with i56 enchancements, while the others who have no clue/lazy get their wasted accuracy turned to surge or power or whatever.

You need to fix Rakata gear yes.

BUT FIX IT ALL. Whether its been modded or not. Even if you dont refund the i56 ones, just give us decent i58 mods in our rakata.

Sorry dude, but most of the people that feel your pain or even understand what you're talking about have pretty much left the game...or posting in forums waiting for their sub to run out

In the other game that shall not be named, I have spent 300+ wipes on a single encounter before beating it. So, trying to make me cry because of wipes is a bit tough.

Yet according to your signiture, you've not even cleared NM mode. Nor 1/10 NM mode.

If you want to play easy modes, sure, dont change mods, it wont matter.

NM mode you need too. And 1.2 content? You REALLY need too.

That's impossible, because if you have best in slot gear you already cleared the nightmare mode.

Just let us get our mods, enchantments and armoring from the vendor rather than these preset setups in the gear.

1. Most people are just going to rip the mods out and put them in gear they like the look of in 1.2.

2. We have this massive level of customization before endgame, through crafted mods (artifice has like 50 different enhancement recipies), then have almost no customization with endgame gear.