The Machinima Experiment

StaalDK

Hello everyone.

I have decided to undertake a huge project here, and I would like to spread the word on the forums before I start.

This is mainly because I will need a bunch of people as actors, extras and so forth, and it's better to put out the message now than a few days before everything starts.

The Server this will be filmed on is "The Progenitor".

This will be a series, episodes are unknown, and it all depends on how well received it will be.

With that in mind, keep an eye out for future posts regarding the project, I will update this thread once I get to that point.

It will feature voice actors, lip synching, special effects and much much more.

I will also create a Website + Blog so people can follow the work I do, and any updates will be posted there as well.

About me.

I have been doing video work for a few years now, currently working on an education as a Film Editor, I still got a long ways to go, and I am no where near a full professional.

I am 30 years old and I have a passion for games, which also leads me to some bright idea's now and then regarding projects I wish to undertake.

For now I have released a small sketch just for the fun of it.

(Disclaimer: I am doing the voice overs here, no where near the quality of voice work coming for the series, and keep in mind English is not my first language)

Sketch 1.

Sketch 2.

Enjoy!

Contact Info:

Email and Web form will be included.

In-game: Kravenn (Empire) Brogan/Korin (Republic)

For the folks without characters on The Progenitor.

There will be a lot of footage from both Tython and Korriban, so creating new characters is always a possibility.

I appreciate the interest in this project, and hope to see a lot of people when the filming begins.

Edited by StaalDK

Nice, good luck with this, I'm sure if they released more voiced emotes It would help out a bit with stuff like this. :D

Well I am actually quite happy they arent voiced, that way I can keep the game sound on for ambience and such, since there's no "volume" knob for the voice ;)

Adding my own lip sync is a lot of work, but in the end I guess it will pay off!

Ah well I couldn't help it, I updated the Original Post with another sketch.

Nice, just wondering, what will be the story of this experiment?

Well I have a fascination for The Old Republic, so it will be set in that timeline of course.

First season will be about Origins of the various main characters I will have in the series, after that it will follow the lives of them from Padawan/Acolyte to whatever comes next.

This will be mainly Jedi and Sith inspired.

That was short, sweet and very funny.

My female smuggler is so cool looking, I am hoping you'll waylay her in the street, ask if she has ever considered modelling ("No?"), then beg her to be in your next movie :D

Haha, are you on Progenitor ?

Yes I am on The Progenitor, but still finding my way around emotes (I'm new here). She'd need more retakes than your Sith Warrior, but happy to give it a go.

Aah well it will come quickly I bet, I am always happy to answer any questions though.

So you and anyone else are welcome to look me up in-game as well, smuggler is Korin, sith warrior Kravenn.

I have to say that usually the Machinima stuff doesn't interest me at all(although I am a HUGE fan of Red Vs Blue), but I was curious enough to check out your links and I have to say it definately has potential. In those short clips you managed to get me to laugh. I hope this works out for you and if you happen to need an extra voice or "manly scream" let me know. I'll definately be following this project. Good luck!

I have to say that usually the Machinima stuff doesn't interest me at all(although I am a HUGE fan of Red Vs Blue), but I was curious enough to check out your links and I have to say it definately has potential. In those short clips you managed to get me to laugh. I hope this works out for you and if you happen to need an extra voice or "manly scream" let me know. I'll definately be following this project. Good luck!

Thank you :)

Well I guess it also has something to do with actually playing the game, in many ways, watching machinima is always more fun when you actually play the game that is being used ;)

And I am definitely glad that my sense of humor works on some people, the series itself however will be more dark with less humor, but in small doses humor can always do some good too :D

Well I am actually quite happy they arent voiced, that way I can keep the game sound on for ambience and such, since there's no "volume" knob for the voice ;)

Actually....there are voiced emotes now, and there is a volume knob for voice in preferences > sound :p;)

Edited by chuixupu