Jedi Knight or Smuggler?

Prince_of_Rome

I just got done with my trooper and is now level 50. I'm trying to get into ops and such with guild, blah blah blah, but the point is, what should my alt class be? Jedi Guardian or Gunslinger? I just can't choose! They both seem like very good classes. Opinions?

-P.O.R.

Well, IMO, if you just got done with trooper, I would think you're about done with playing by rules and following orders in your class story. I would pick Smug, but don't abandon JK either.

Well, IMO, if you just got done with trooper, I would think you're about done with playing by rules and following orders in your class story. I would pick Smug, but don't abandon JK either.

but after playing a trooper he may want to try some melee.

my suggestions is go gunslinger,but if you want to dps and use a knight pick a sentinel,not a guardian.

Play the Smuggler - you're not some Republic slave like the trooper or the quintessential do-gooder like the JK. The story is more fun and quirky and the class has the best dialogue in the entire game. JK probably has a more epic 'KOTOR 3' feel to it though, but I think its a little cliched.

Ideally id recommend you eventually play both, but for now Id pick the Smuggler.