Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The case of the non-appearing adds and the disappearing bosses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The case of the non-appearing adds and the disappearing bosses

Ehbuse
06.27.2014 , 03:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FrozenGoalie View Post
Recently I've been running with a guildie I hadn't been before, but he has the adds-don't-appear issue all the time. What he does is effectively what you noticed about dying and getting rezzed inside. He walks into the room and shoots Bestia (we all stay in the hallway) and /stuck s or gets killed. Boss resets, we go in and rez him, and we fight the boss. Having loaded once, the adds now load almost right away for him most of the time.
I will try this, as it's a constant problem for me! I'll also try the "restart after being in fleet" one too !

Thanks for tips will post after the weekend with an update( running dp/df this weekend where it hapena the most besides dashroode)

jrwellworth
06.27.2014 , 07:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ehbuse View Post
I will try this, as it's a constant problem for me! I'll also try the "restart after being in fleet" one too !

Thanks for tips will post after the weekend with an update( running dp/df this weekend where it hapena the most besides dashroode)
Hey all, I'll say I had quite forgotten about this thread. Now that 2.8 has dropped and we can rez in the instance It seems I have had less problems and all we are in DP quite a bit, which is where the case of the disappearing adds started for me. Well dreadtooth and others dropping into the ground and being 200 away.. To the person above me, after the person you quoted posted that, we started doing it every time we first started dp, they wait in the hall and I go pul her alone and fight the monsters, kinda more like I try to run until they appear and then get rolfstomped. It does work though, just make sure your team is aware. It is easy and quick. Good luck.
Sandari-55 (kinetic combat) +more
<Aeternium Ascension> Dread Slayer- B.C.
Sickboy Punks

Gardimuer
06.27.2014 , 11:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
upgrade the computer. SSD, ram, cpu, gpu are all good things to upgrade.
you can try swtor unleashed...
My experience leads me to believe that the primary limiting factor is RAM. Once upon a time I used to play SWTOR on Windows XP with 2GB of RAM, and I had problems with adds or other assets not loading. Recently I upgraded to Windows 7 with 4GB of RAM (same 2007 era motherboard, CPU, GPU, hard drive etc.) and now I very rarely have that issue. When I do have that problem, it's only after I've traveled to many different planets (thus placing more assets in RAM) and haven't shut down SWTOR for many hours. Judging by what I've heard from friends, the people who never see this problem are the ones that have 6 or more GB of RAM.

I have tried using SWTOR Unleashed, but I have never seen if have an effect, good or bad, on this issue. SWTOR Unleashed is great for people who have more RAM available, but if you have more RAM then you probably won't be experiencing this issue in the first place.