I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

arkanone

Well, let's see...

Boba Fett - Sawed off blaster rifle.

IG-88 - Blaster rifle.

Bossk - Blaster rifle.

Dengar - HUGE blaster rifle.

Zuckuss - blaster rifle.

4-LOM - blaster rifle.

Seems like a lot of bounty hunters (ALL of them in Empire Strikes Back, in fact) use rifles. ONLY Jango Fett was shown using pistols.

Jango was a little more cool "movie wise" than Bobba, maybe not in EU but in the movies he was.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view, most non Force using classes need a MAJOR overhaul.

it seems like the whole game was based around the sith and jedi for pvp and then tossing in the non force using classes as an afterthought and cannon fodder.

As it stands most non force using classes aren't as easy and oh crap recovery as force using is.

Again just my opinion.

The sniper, heal operative and PT do just fine, imo the only class which really needs a bit of love is the merc and the operatives dps speccs aren't that great either (the operative dps part ist just from reading, I don't have any expiriences with them in dps spec)

Bounty hunters are the masters of all weapon types. This is common knowledge. You'd be a pretty useless bounty hunter if you didn't know how to use all types of weapons. The fact that we are limited to blaster pistols is a lazy expression of Star Wars lore.

In case you guys can't understand simple mechanics.....BH's are limited to pistols for 2 reasons. BW didn't want QQ when it comes to loot mechanics. Imagine having to code in blaster rifles/sniper rifles, etc for both snipers/agents/bhs and then having to deal with the loot being sent to each respective class.

ALSO, BW is lazy and only wanted to code animations for one weapon type per class.

/endthread.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

"Many carbines are shortened rifles..."

Manufactured shorter, easier to carry/handle, more suitable for mobile combat. Originally designed for use by cavalry for just that reason. Shortened version of rifle = accurate. Sawn-off rifle barrel = not so much accurate.

So this thread is either, Boba Fett fanboys or people that hate Boba Fett. BH's should be able to use most weapons I think because there isn't a bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe that used the same weapons. However, being optimistic, I'm hoping they'll add a new advanced class that will be able to use snipers/rifles/pistols, all being a different skill tree. But then again I was hoping for a lot out of this game...

Bounty hunters are the masters of all weapon types. This is common knowledge. You'd be a pretty useless bounty hunter if you didn't know how to use all types of weapons. The fact that we are limited to blaster pistols is a lazy expression of Star Wars lore.

In case you guys can't understand simple mechanics.....BH's are limited to pistols for 2 reasons. BW didn't want QQ when it comes to loot mechanics. Imagine having to code in blaster rifles/sniper rifles, etc for both snipers/agents/bhs and then having to deal with the loot being sent to each respective class.

ALSO, BW is lazy and only wanted to code animations for one weapon type per class.

/endthread.

While I might agree on your second point, your first is just plain wrong. I have lost count of the number of rifles and sniper rifles I've seen with AIM...hell, there was even one I looted around lvl 20 that says 'Mandalorian' in the name, with Aim. Why can't the BH use it, then?

Also, I don't care which camp you might be in (pro-Boba, anti-Boba, etc), but you have to admit we got a bit of false advertisement here; just go look at ANY picture of Shae Vizla holding a weapon. I defy you to find one - just one - where it's NOT a rifle/carbine. That is the major gripe about the lack of use to the class.

Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

he didnt die. cuz he is a B A D A S S

/endthread.

LoL not true this is the biggest oversight of people , the animations are already there ...

example if you use kaliyo with a blaster rifle , she pulls out another shotgun/blaster rifle for powershot .

The animations are already ingame for bounty hunters/any other using blaster rifle , vibro sword light saber what ever ...

Just that they do not implement it cause of class loot balance.

how about selling those perks with cartel coins.... they want money .

We want different weapons .

Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

Eh, as a Fett fan myself, you have to read the books.

/endthread.

Commandos can use blaster rifles.

Commandos can use blaster rifles.

Which again doesnt make sense. They are supposed to be the military elite and should be able to use any ranged weapon from blaster pistols to sniper rifles due to their extensive combat training. Like the Trooper storyline says. You are basically a Navy SEAL or Delta because you are special forces so why only one weapon proficiency doesnt make sense. The same for BHs. They would use any weapon that fitted their style and the one they were best with. When your job and life depends on it and you are best with a carbine, why would you use a pistol, which is a far harder weapon to master?

What about Sith?

My Dark Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies carried around a high end Nym's Carbine to wreck people before we closed in. Before you had the privilege of dieing to my saber, you had to get shot in the face a few times.

I used to solo HK-47 every day on my Dark Jedi, and only because I could use a Carbine.

The argument can be made that every class in this game should have access every weapon. At some point in time in the SW universe it is demonstrated.

People seem to miss the crux of TOR from BW point of view. You, the player, are not playing a customised character or an avatar of what you would like to be within the SW universe. e.g. SWG. You are playing 'The' Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Jedi Knight etc etc etc within the TOR universe. You are the best of the best. There is only one Bounty Hunter, flying one mantis in TOR story. Regardless of how many players roll a BH. It shows as much as you progress through the main story.

This is how Bioware wants you to feel, this is how they have presented the game. As such they have a very specific idea about what weapons their classes should wield. In the case of the Bounty Hunter they feel that the number one bounty hunter in the galaxy is going to either use a pistol or dual pistols. Not every other weapon under the twin suns. (which is entirely possible given lore.)

It's not Bioware saying that "All Bounty Hunters Only use Pistols!", it's just them saying "This is how we feel the Number 1 [insert class] is going to be equipped."

People have argued for rifle long before the Beta was released. I doubt continued threads promoting rifles for Bounty hunters are going to have the desired affect.

Boba Fett was a mandalorian making a living as a bounty hunter. There are tons of other bounty hunters in the galaxy not being a mandalorian nor wearing mandalorian armor. Calo Nord used dual blaster pistols while Boba Fett used and EE3 carbine rifle "http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EE-3_carbine_rifle". Leave the class as it is and stop making parallels between bounty hunter class and Boba Fett.

I agree it was a carbine but a sawed of rifle is when you saw some of it off like a sawed off shotgun.

• 3 weeks later...
The argument can be made that every class in this game should have access every weapon. At some point in time in the SW universe it is demonstrated.

People seem to miss the crux of TOR from BW point of view. You, the player, are not playing a customised character or an avatar of what you would like to be within the SW universe. e.g. SWG. You are playing 'The' Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Jedi Knight etc etc etc within the TOR universe.

BULL.

I'm tailoring my character to be the closest thing to Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi Wan, etc that I can get.

They offer hairstyle options from 1976 but my bounty hunter can't use a blaster rifle?? It makes NO sense.

Meanwhile, the agent, aka the totally not on anybody's wishlist James Bond class that Bioware threw in, uses a blaster rifle instead of a pistol. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Ya I don't remember him using two pistols. And since the entire coolness of the bounty hunter character DID NOT come from Jango Fett in the prequels, blaster rifles should be an option for the BH.

why is this a big deal for people... your not boba Fett your a bounty hunter.... everything in this game doesnt have to based on what you have seen in a movie...

Thank you!!! I just want to play the game, its good, and people who say that it wouldn't take much to add rifles or carbines just don't know what their asking, the current system is set for pistols, therefore it would have to be redone for rifles and carbines. This game, since it's based a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away REALISM SHOULDN'T MATTER!!!! The story line and gameplay should be more of a concern.

Thank you!!! I just want to play the game, its good, and people who say that it wouldn't take much to add rifles or carbines just don't know what their asking, the current system is set for pistols, therefore it would have to be redone for rifles and carbines. This game, since it's based a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away REALISM SHOULDN'T MATTER!!!! The story line and gameplay should be more of a concern.

This isn't rocket science. How do you think vanguards do the same damage with a blaster rifle as powertechs do with a pistol?