assassin good for pvp?

letto

I'm not sure why people think otherwise.

Cause it's true. They have far less survivability than marauders for example. Sin's only have 2 defensive abilities (excluding darkness spec) and after that you gotta count on your light weight armor and some invisibility tricks.

Good part is they have quite a burst. :D

Cause it's true. They have far less survivability than marauders for example. Sin's only have 2 defensive abilities (excluding darkness spec) and after that you gotta count on your light weight armor and some invisibility tricks.

Good part is they have quite a burst. :D

1 ) Blackout is 25% damage reduction. It procs immediately after exiting stealth and has a 45 second cooldown. (not to mention it combos with Force Cloak)

2 ) Force Shroud is a minute cooldown

3) Deflection is 2 minute cooldown

4) Force Cloak is only a minute and a half

Now, those are the direct defensive cooldowns. Let's talk about the indirect cooldowns. Which would be the 6 control abilities we have access to.

1) Electrocute is a 4 second stun on a minute cooldown

2) Spike is a 2 second knockdown on a 30 second cooldown (requires stealth)

3) Overload is a 20 second knockback

4) Mind Trap is a 8 second mez (Stealth required)

5) Whirlwind is a 8 second mez with a 30 meter range (1.5 second cast)

6) Low Slash is a 4 second mez on a 15 second cooldown

The last little bits that add to our ability to survive...

1) We are a stealth class. If positioned correctly you will not be the initial focus of enemy fire.

2) Force Speed is a 15 second sprint. This can be used to escape, powerful when combined with a 12 second Force Slow

3) We have a base 30% damage reduction to all AOE abilities (Smash anyone?)

TLDR:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that any Assassin that complains about survivalbility is probably using the class wrong.

Blackout is for aoe damage and, as someone was saying in another topic, why stay in aoe if you can move out of it? With or without this ability you should not stand in aoe - the reason I didn't even mention it.

While sin has everything you mentioned above most of those are single target. We all know that is rarely the case in a wz. A sin will die 2x faster than a marauder when faced with multiple opponents. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Le: I got blackout mixed with fade, but the rest stands.

Edited by ipagex

Blackout is for aoe damage and, as someone was saying in another topic, why stay in aoe if you can move out of it? With or without this ability you should not stand in aoe - the reason I didn't even mention it.

While sin has everything you mentioned above most of those are single target. We all know that is rarely the case in a wz. A sin will die 2x faster than a marauder when faced with multiple opponents. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Le: I got blackout mixed with fade, but the rest stands.

Actually considering you got blackout mixed up for fade means almost none of your argument stands.

The assassin will get burnt down if focused by multiple enemies BUT so will every other class. In fact, the Assassin is one of the best for avoiding that. (Between Shroud and Cloak)

Edited by Xeraz