No Empire in during the Clone Wars

FullMetalJew

I was wondering why there was no Empire during the Clone wars. I mean Episode 1-3 was just the Separatists but no Empire. What happened to the Empire and why.

What did you expect? Did you think that the Great Galactic War would continue for thousands of years (thus intruding on Darth Ruin's territory)? Or did you think the Sith Empire would actually win?

The Sith Empire loses. It's only a matter of how and when the Republic finally puts the Empire down.

What did you expect? Did you think that the Great Galactic War would continue for thousands of years (thus intruding on Darth Ruin's territory)? Or did you think the Sith Empire would actually win?

The Sith Empire loses. It's only a matter of how and when the Republic finally puts the Empire down.

Somehow, I get the feeling, that a large part of Empire's "downfall" will be the Sith in-fighting and the sensible members of the Empire (the non-sensitives) throwing up their hands and going "**** this, let's just not die" and sorting out a treaty with the Republic and the topping the more dangerous Sith. Well, the ones who aren't already dead due to their own stupidity.

Somehow, I get the feeling, that a large part of Empire's "downfall" will be the Sith in-fighting and the sensible members of the Empire (the non-sensitives) throwing up their hands and going "**** this, let's just not die" and sorting out a treaty with the Republic and the topping the more dangerous Sith. Well, the ones who aren't already dead due to their own stupidity.

This^

Certainly, Sith infighting has been the cause of every major Sith Empire's downfall. That's probably how this one will go down, too.

The empire in this game? It falls long before then... Read the Bane trilogy, and Darth plageius.

This^

Darth Bane sets a trap that takes out the overwhelming majority of Sith in the Empire. With no way to contend with the Jedi, the non-force users surrender...buhbye Sith Empire.

Furthermore Bane establishes the Rule of Two (one master one apprentice) and seeks out any and all darkside force users claiming to be Sith and/or the desire to rebuild the Empire.

3000+ Years later Darth Plageuis and his apprentice Darth Sidious (AKA Palpatine) are still abiding by the Rule of Two. The book goes into the events leading up to and including E1:TPM

This^

Darth Bane sets a trap that takes out the overwhelming majority of Sith in the Empire. With no way to contend with the Jedi, the non-force users surrender...buhbye Sith Empire.

Furthermore Bane establishes the Rule of Two (one master one apprentice) and seeks out any and all darkside force users claiming to be Sith and/or the desire to rebuild the Empire.

3000+ Years later Darth Plageuis and his apprentice Darth Sidious (AKA Palpatine) are still abiding by the Rule of Two. The book goes into the events leading up to and including E1:TPM

What should be noted is, The Sith Empire of this game will not last till Darth Ruins time...At most there is a few 100 years for Bioware to play with...Because then there is another Dark lord of the sith that pops up.

Certainly, Sith infighting has been the cause of every major Sith Empire's downfall. That's probably how this one will go down, too.

Kun's did not xD Qel-Droma's redemption does not count as infighting, because he was turned from the cause instead of pursuing his own interests. The same could be said of Palpy's Empire. I suspect this one will be such a case too. The final loss of the Sith Emperor would spawn the doom of the Empire, as is hinted by the Illum and Dread Master arcs. It will cease to be the Sith Empire it is in the game, because the only being that keeps it together won't be around anymore. Then the infighting sets in.

Kun's did not xD Qel-Droma's redemption does not count as infighting, because he was turned from the cause instead of pursuing his own interests. The same could be said of Palpy's Empire. I suspect this one will be such a case too. The final loss of the Sith Emperor would spawn the doom of the Empire, as is hinted by the Illum and Dread Master arcs. It will cease to be the Sith Empire it is in the game, because the only being that keeps it together won't be around anymore. Then the infighting sets in.

Perhaps I should have said betrayal in general. Because that's what I meant (and what I consider Sith infighting to be).

I was wondering why there was no Empire during the Clone wars. I mean Episode 1-3 was just the Separatists but no Empire. What happened to the Empire and why.

Is this an troll attempt ?

Have you been locked in some chamber all of the time ? Never seen the other movies ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Perhaps I should have said betrayal in general. Because that's what I meant (and what I consider Sith infighting to be).

That's a very broad statement. Ultimately that's the case with all Sith, but it's not inherent to the Sith particular mindset. Just as traitors amongst the Jedi (such as Kun, the Dark Jedi of the Great Schisms, Revan, and especially Anakin) nearly caused/completely caused the downfall of the Order on several occasions, so that statement would be true throughout the history of Force-sensitive traditions in the galaxy.

Let me try to rephrase: A Sith double-crossing another is being true to the Sith way. Don't say that it''s not, Bane's order was founded on that fact, but also on controlling the collateral of the necessary betrayal by keeping all plays between two Sith Lords and in the shadows. That's what gets the traditional Sith Empires (such as Sadow's and Darth Ruin's). But I don't think it will be the case in Vitiate's Empire, as I said, at least so long as Vitiate is still alive.

But the Qel-Droma/Darth Vader case is very different, in that they switch sides altogether. They do not work to increase their own power according to Sith philosophy, they turn their back on it entirely and instead seek to destroy what the other Sith have constructed. It is betrayal in a sense, but of a very different kind, and certainly not inherent to Sith nature as the previous case.

That's a very broad statement. Ultimately that's the case with all Sith, but it's not inherent to the Sith particular mindset. Just as traitors amongst the Jedi (such as Kun, the Dark Jedi of the Great Schisms, Revan, and especially Anakin) nearly caused/completely caused the downfall of the Order on several occasions, so that statement would be true throughout the history of Force-sensitive traditions in the galaxy.

Let me try to rephrase: A Sith double-crossing another is being true to the Sith way. Don't say that it''s not, Bane's order was founded on that fact, but also on controlling the collateral of the necessary betrayal by keeping all plays between two Sith Lords and in the shadows. That's what gets the traditional Sith Empires (such as Sadow's and Darth Ruin's). But I don't think it will be the case in Vitiate's Empire, as I said, at least so long as Vitiate is still alive.

But the Qel-Droma/Darth Vader case is very different, in that they switch sides altogether. They do not work to increase their own power according to Sith philosophy, they turn their back on it entirely and instead seek to destroy what the other Sith have constructed. It is betrayal in a sense, but of a very different kind, and certainly not inherent to Sith nature as the previous case.

You didn't need to explain what was already known to me. I think you may have taken my meaning too far, though.

Edited by Aurbere