Fate of the Jedi Series

stephenx

Wow...just finished the series...does anyone know if there are any books that follow Ben Skywalker or Luke in his old age in the works?

I also have to say I could not believe Vestara Kai turned! call me sentimental, but I loved that character

Wow...just finished the series...does anyone know if there are any books that follow Ben Skywalker or Luke in his old age in the works?

I also have to say I could not believe Vestara Kai turned! call me sentimental, but I loved that character

DO NOT READ THE CRUCIBLE DENNING KILLS HER CHARACTER,

Also at this point there are no new stories, due to the new movies Del Ray is trying to wrap up there mess of an EU

DO NOT READ THE CRUCIBLE DENNING KILLS HER CHARACTER,

Also at this point there are no new stories, due to the new movies Del Ray is trying to wrap up there mess of an EU

LOL, I stopped being lazy and did a little research.......and they did not kill her off, according to Denning she will be a central character moving forward....if there is a moving forward........

I hope the really get into telling Ben Skywalker's story

Edited by stephenx

LOL, I stopped being lazy and did a little research.......and they did not kill her off, according to Denning she will be a central character moving forward....if there is a moving forward........

I hope the really get into telling Ben Skywalker's story

I didn't mean kill her off. I meant they destroyed her character and made evil for no reason. Also Denning is bad for the EU I hope gets the boot with this new reboot happening.

The next 'main' storyline books will be Sword of the Jedi next year, which I'm looking forward to because I've always liked those characters a bit more than the originals. Crucible wasn't bad but it felt...unnecessary? Like a filler book.

I didn't mean kill her off. I meant they destroyed her character and made evil for no reason. Also Denning is bad for the EU I hope gets the boot with this new reboot happening.

Not sure what you mean there...she's a Sith, and she has a few moments of self-realization at the end of the last series where she knows that trying to follow the Light Side is beyond her capacity and just runs the other way with it. It's not as dramatic as her attempts to be a Jedi, but it feels realistic at least (not everyone is cut out for it; redemption is a rare and special thing).

I've general found Denning's stuff to be decent...certainly better than some (looking at you, Traviss) although my personal favorite would go to Matthew Stover (Traitor and the Ep.III novelization).

The next 'main' storyline books will be Sword of the Jedi next year, which I'm looking forward to because I've always liked those characters a bit more than the originals. Crucible wasn't bad but it felt...unnecessary? Like a filler book.

Not sure what you mean there...she's a Sith, and she has a few moments of self-realization at the end of the last series where she knows that trying to follow the Light Side is beyond her capacity and just runs the other way with it. It's not as dramatic as her attempts to be a Jedi, but it feels realistic at least (not everyone is cut out for it; redemption is a rare and special thing).

I've general found Denning's stuff to be decent...certainly better than some (looking at you, Traviss) although my personal favorite would go to Matthew Stover (Traitor and the Ep.III novelization).

I was really looking forward to Sword of the Jedi...but from what I hear, that is on hold because of the movie as well...so it may be a couple years at best before any new EU stuff comes out...if at all. I'm hearing the new movie is not going to follow the current EU...which would really be a disappointment. I am new to the EU compared to many on here, and if that happens even I will feel ripped off......

I don't hate Denning's stuff, but I hate that they made Vestara's turn so quick....they really could have done so much more with her. He said in an interview that she would be developed even further in upcoming EU books...but who knows if that happens now. I was really hoping to see Ben developed as a character as well.

wow, you called it...I loved vastara the character....am part way through Crucible and he has turned her into a one dimensional cartoon

Don't mean to go off-topic here, but have to address something: in his books, Denning has written almost every single character from the movies in a totally OOC fashion (Luke basically says Boba's granddaughter doesn't matter in the slightest, Leia walks around in Daisy Dukes and a midriff-baring shirt, etc.), while Traviss books generally do not feature movie characters (except her LOTF ones, which I still found to be all right). Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Denning's Star By Star, Tatooine Ghost, and Abyss...but a lot of his other novels fall short.

Crucible was not that bad....my biggest complaint was it seemed short. But Vestra is Sith....she always was. So her characterization in the book was right on point imo. And I like the way they ended the book

by letting Luke, Leia, & Han take a break & get out of the spotlight the next generation can rise to their full potential.

OAN

Anyone who still expects to get anything other than a few EU Easter eggs in Ep7 is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Crucible was not that bad....my biggest complaint was it seemed short. But Vestra is Sith....she always was. So her characterization in the book was right on point imo. And I like the way they ended the book

by letting Luke, Leia, & Han take a break & get out of the spotlight the next generation can rise to their full potential.

OAN

Anyone who still expects to get anything other than a few EU Easter eggs in Ep7 is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Leia and Han retiring was fine, but Mara's spirit specifically told Luke in Apocalypse that he *couldn't* die because the galaxy needed him; yet now he retires? Did the galaxy suddenly not need him? No, Denning just decided, "Oh, who cares, we'll just go *this* way now!"