What was the point of lvls 1-50?

TyrKartelos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel more like it's the Empire fighting the Sith. Half of them are short sighted idiots who can't see further than their arse on a special chair, leaving the rest of us to rot at home and on the front lines.

Yes, I am bitter over Intelligence and I'll everyone on the Dark Council know what I think.

As an Empire player I feel very distraught over the Makeb expansion. You see, I saved Balmorra, Taris, Hoth and a whole bunch of other planets....now we are losing the war? What a waste of time...

The game's storyline can't always be that the war is going 50-50 for both factions. Of course as they write the story for each expansion, one of the factions will be at an advantage either due to the Empire's in-fighting or perhaps in a later expansion due to the Republic's need to 'protect' those who can't protect themselves - leading to their forces being spread too thin.

I will not be surprised if the next expansion involves the Empire taking advantage of a weakness in Republic defense and we will see a turn in the tide of the war.

As an Empire player I feel very distraught over the Makeb expansion. You see, I saved Balmorra, Taris, Hoth and a whole bunch of other planets....now we are losing the war? What a waste of time...

lolol you didn't save Taris. The Empire's whole purpose for being there is to ensure its' destruction....lolol

Also, Balmorra hates you.

Balmorra was lost after you " saved " it, Taris is a dump with no value, and the whole point of the Empire being on Hoth was to tie up Republic resources, which may or may not actually make a considerable difference.

Well, Empire might be losing the story-part of the game, but look at the bright side - for every PvP warzone the Republic wins, the Empire has 7 victories. ;)

Not to mention that we cannot win when Republic has Gunslingers and Scoundrels... They can one shot any Sith Lord... Just look at what they did on Tatooine:

Edited by Jedlosson

And while you were on Belsavis the Republic with my assistance recapture the industrial world of Balmorra and sure you did whatever you wanted on Hoth, but the Republic got out of it highly advanced cannons and got rid of the pirate threat. Also just so happens that the character I played went around and gathered an army.

But yea, as said, the Empire is fighting the Emprie and the Republic is fighting it. I am surprised they haven't already lost.

Mmm...

Interesting thread, but if remember my Star Wars movies, don't the Empire actually won? But from the inside. After Aineken turned sides, after all the Jedi's were jerks to him, I thought he went into a killing spree and nearly, pretty much exterminated most of the Jedi's. Sure Palpatine was killed, but I am sure there are replacements online, and the rebels only managed a limited victory, but the Republic as it was did fall.

So perhaps at this time, the Empire is not doing well, but ultimately the Republic does go down from within.

Sue

Mmm...

Interesting thread, but if remember my Star Wars movies, don't the Empire actually won? But from the inside. After Aineken turned sides, after all the Jedi's were jerks to him, I thought he went into a killing spree and nearly, pretty much exterminated most of the Jedi's. Sure Palpatine was killed, but I am sure there are replacements online, and the rebels only managed a limited victory, but the Republic as it was did fall.

So perhaps at this time, the Empire is not doing well, but ultimately the Republic does go down from within.

Sue

Doesn't vadar eventually fall? I can't recall, its been years.

You actually lost Balmorra. You "win" it for Lachris but then she screws up and the Republic takes it back early in Act 2. And Taris wasn't a strategic victory, only a symbolic one. Hoth? Tie.

Nothing you've mentioned actually gave the Empire a military advantage.

I think you're confusing Belsavis with Taris. Taris is the first planet of Act 2 for Imperials.

You are in fact correct, not sure how I mixed those up, considering I played the story on both sides :/

You actually lost Balmorra. You "win" it for Lachris but then she screws up and the Republic takes it back early in Act 2.

I think the important part is that the Empire was attempting to subjugate Balmorra for many years and in the end they did so... only to lose it to the Republic in what I assume was a year or so. So a pyrrhic victory followed by a defeat and the Republic gaining a planet known for making war droids.

Edited by GuruVII

Someone has to lose and i cannot think of a more fitting bunch of gits than the Empire to take on that task.

Good job on Ilum though.

I highly doubt anyone will win or lose the war during this game. It will probably be years after SWTOR ends, and they'll come out with a book revealing what happens.

The Republic starts out strong, 1-50

But then Empire sorts itself out and unifies 50-55.

The Emperor comes back, and the Empire will basically kick the Republics butt

Only for in the end the Republic to swoop in and win.

In lore, wasn't there one time when the Empire actually takes over the galaxy (other than Palpatine)? I thought there was, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Don't know if it would be this time or not.

Mmm...

Sue

All these events you speak of, concerning Anakin, the Republic, the Empire and Palpatine, take place thousands of years after this game. In the between time, the Sith Empire falls, the Rule of Two is instituted and the Republic prospers. A sithlord then takes control of the Republic and names it the First Galactic Empire. This isn't the Sith Empire. This Empire is eventually brought down by an armed uprising of its own citizens.

The Empire loses this war.

well, empire might be losing the story-part of the game, but look at the bright side - for every pvp warzone the republic wins, the empire has 7 victories. ;)

not to mention that we cannot win when republic has gunslingers and scoundrels... They can one shot any sith lord... Just look at what they did on tatooine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ii8hdzxkuk4#t=9s

lol! :D

Edited by chimex

I highly doubt anyone will win or lose the war during this game. It will probably be years after SWTOR ends, and they'll come out with a book revealing what happens.

The Republic starts out strong, 1-50

But then Empire sorts itself out and unifies 50-55.

The Emperor comes back, and the Empire will basically kick the Republics butt

Only for in the end the Republic to swoop in and win.

In lore, wasn't there one time when the Empire actually takes over the galaxy (other than Palpatine)? I thought there was, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Don't know if it would be this time or not.

Actually, it is the other way around

Empire starts out as strong and unified in their conquest of the galaxy, while Republic is still recovering from losses on Coruscant and other planets, even tough that was over a decade ago. When the game starts, things slowly start to tilt in Republic's favor, until they basically win by the end of Act 3 (spoilers list both Republic and Imperial actions that affect the war)

Act 1

Elite SpecForce team gets partially reformed (leader, fighter, medic, war droid), traitors are hunted down

Several imperial superweapons are destroyed

At least 2 high ranking members of Sith Hierarchy get killed (Angral+Jadus)

Act 2

Republic retakes Balmorran Arms Factory, know for producing extremely advanced war droids and ship weapons

Republic learns about the Children of the Emperor

Republic manages to secure the alliance of several powerful planets that wanted to secede (Rift Alliance, made up of Balmorra and several other powerful planets)

Act 3

Imperial Intelligence is dissolved for no apparent reason but for pissing off the Sith, which weakens the Empire a great deal

Barsen'thor of the Jedi Order collects a significant army from several alien races, like Voss and the Esh'Ka

First Son of the Emperor gets defeated, unmasking all Children

Corellia gets liberated

Supreme chancellor Janarus is removed from office (steps down or is killed), and is replaced by Saresh, who is much more aggressive against the Empire

Emperor gets apparently killed (although this fact is concealed from most)

Darth Baras tries to become Emperor and gets defeated

Darth Malgus and several of his loyal followers start their own Empire, all get killed

Spoilers for Republic side ending on Makeb

Next expansion, Republic will be losing because of

The Republic devoting too many resources to helping the refugees from Makeb. The Empire will take advantage of this.

If not that, then (spoilers for Knight/Warrior ending),

the Emperor will return and do something devastating to the Republic (maybe destroy a key planet?). This would also reorganize the Empire under one supreme ruler (which is the way it's supposed to be for them)

Or it could be because of something completely different. Regardless, I really dont think these are the "end times" for the Empire. The Empire just needs a chance to "Strike Back" :cool:

I'm not surprised. Half the time it feels like I'm fighting the Empire when playing an Imperial character as opposed to the Republic. Frankly, I'm surprised the Empire hasn't collapsed in on itself yet with the amount of infighting going on. That said, the storylines and interactions are way more fun than the Republic ones (from what I've seen ;) ).

Besides, would you really want the Empire to win? BW did a good job of creating sympathetic characters for each storyline, but realistically it would be people like Darth Baras who'd end up being in charge and... well.