Would you still want a KOTOR 3 after this?

Sevenpifers

Alright so let just say a few months down the road bioware was dissappointed with the outcome of TOR, And then they decided to change their minds and make another RPG Kotor game would you be happy? I think I'd be. It would be more of a modern version of the original Odyssey engine and went back to traditional KOTOR dialog, Combat and leveling mechanics. Would YOU be happy with that?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would only buy it if it was made using a reworked/revamped version of the KOTOR 1/2 engine to modern standards. It has to have the same feeling gameplay to even be done right. Obviously...setting a game in the Old Republic era isnt enough....this game has proven that....this game hardly resembles anything from the KOTOR era.

I would only buy it if it was made using a reworked/revamped version of the KOTOR 1/2 engine to modern standards. It has to have the same feeling gameplay to even be done right. Obviously...setting a game in the Old Republic era isnt enough....this game has proven that....this game hardly resembles anything from the KOTOR era.

No Mass Effect Dial either. I prefer the classic text talking ala kotor 1 and 2 or DA.

KOTOR 3 would be cool but not if it used KOTOR 1's combat and leveling systems, those were just aweful. You could complete the whole game by just spamming one ability and not being able to level up your character past 2 or 4 till you got off Taris sucked.

If they do make a KOTOR 3, which is unlikely because of TOR, they should have the combat play like Force Unleashed. An action rpg with BioWare's level of depth would be awesome.

Of course id buy it. People are doing a lot of complaining on the forums because complaining is just what every game forum dose. But the fact of the matter is that ToR is a pretty friggen good game for having just came out a month ago. A lot of people just have incredibly high expectations and expected everything to be fully polished off but with such a massive game thats just not going to happen without another year or two of development.

Any way I loved kotor 1 and 2 and assuming kotor 3 follows the same basics I would love to get my hand on it.

KOTOR 3 would be cool but not if it used KOTOR 1's combat and leveling systems, those were just aweful. You could complete the whole game by just spamming one ability and not being able to level up your character past 2 or 4 till you got off Taris sucked.

If they do make a KOTOR 3, which is unlikely because of TOR, they should have the combat play like Force Unleashed. An action rpg with BioWare's level of depth would be awesome.

Well all KOTOR was, was the Pen and paper 20d system but put into game. I think it should have RPG and action combat mechanics.

Only if Electronic Arts has absolutely, positively, nothing at all to do with its design, development, publishing, or ongoing support.

Then, maybe.

You might be surprised how many of these posts are echoes of when EA bought Origin and the beloved Ultima series died the final death.

Alright so let just say a few months down the road bioware was dissappointed with the outcome of TOR, And then they decided to change their minds and make another RPG Kotor game would you be happy? I think I'd be. It would be more of a modern version of the original Odyssey engine and went back to traditional KOTOR dialog, Combat and leveling mechanics. Would YOU be happy with that?

From Bioware terrible fanfic writers and amateur programmers?

No thx

My first and last experience with Bioware.

And it's not just the game with its issues. Its the customer support, the over zealous forum mods, the seemingly broken order of priorities when it comes to patching.

I find it odd they shut down all these threads but they don't do any customer support.