2.3 looks pretty hot

DarthTHC

The flashpoints are not "split in two" any more than Taral V/Maelstorm Prison or Battle of Ilum/Flase Emperor are. Playing through one of them is about 20 minutes on Story Mode, which is IMO enough for a flashpoint designed for 2+ players.

I have not been in Hard Mode yet, so I cannot comment of how hard that is, but it should be harder, as it should require the classic party setup.

You mean that the Czerka ones are short ?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short? Short is compliment, its really freaking small they way it is,those FP were originaly Titans of Industry, play it and you can see that it was all one, just imagine if you split LI after killing the Rhino boss just before Sav-rak, thats the first part, and now make the bonus boss mandatory, then you got the second part thats how it is, people comparing it to other true FPs like Battle of ilum are just trying to prove their point, except that all of the bosses/mini-bosses were actually something in LI, if youre augmented and on a mix off 69s, you can seriously stomp through Titans of Industry both part one and part two, about the no one did LI thing, i always had very FAST pops with LI, and thats on the shadowlands, cmon you know how they can please everyone? leave those two FPs untouched, for the people that liked, but make Titans of Industry whole and turn it into Tiear 2, tuned for 69s. droping 69s on every boss and one Underworld Token on the VIgilant just like LI was, i am pretty some people were alredy expecting it to be like this, cmon guys it not a bad ideia, we need a tier 2 FP, playing LI was very exciting, and i really dont want to wait till Imperial Warlord to have a tier 2 HM FP,

Edited by Sohaim

Well, they took me 20 minutes each with 3 other players on PTS (Story Mode). We were all in Arkanian gear. I found it quite nice and fluent.

And the role neutral story mode simply mean that group finder does not look for the classic party composition (tank, heal, 2 DPS), but is willing to load you in it with any group composition. There are kolto stations around each boss, which heal all players for 3k per click, I think, and the bosses do to hit that much

As for the demand to join it and make it like LI, devs specifically said that they will not do another LI, because they made it too hard. I could imagine it being joined together, but the difficulty is fine.

It's quite transparent that these new FPs were originally made as ONE FP, I really don't know who they're fooling with this artificial extension. The transition between them doesn't even make any sense, it's obvious that Vigilant is the last boss, but the first FP ends abruptly like the final Sopranos episode or something.

Well, they took me 20 minutes each with 3 other players on PTS (Story Mode). We were all in Arkanian gear. I found it quite nice and fluent.

And the role neutral story mode simply mean that group finder does not look for the classic party composition (tank, heal, 2 DPS), but is willing to load you in it with any group composition. There are kolto stations around each boss, which heal all players for 3k per click, I think, and the bosses do to hit that much

As for the demand to join it and make it like LI, devs specifically said that they will not do another LI, because they made it too hard. I could imagine it being joined together, but the difficulty is fine.

WHAT? Devs said that we would never see another FP like LI, where, when? omg you serious? if this is true i am freaking sad, at least put those two back together and call Titans Of Industry NiM mode, first FP of NiM dificulty, we dont need another FP just to stomp and farm gear, cmon a little challenge is not bad.

It's quite transparent that these new FPs were originally made as ONE FP, I really don't know who they're fooling with this artificial extension. The transition between them doesn't even make any sense, it's obvious that Vigilant is the last boss, but the first FP ends abruptly like the final Sopranos episode or something.

Of course the transition does not make sense, people go in the facility and then they feel the need to go out to have cofee lol?, i just want a new challenging FP, leave it like that for other people, call it Cerka: TItans Of industry NiM mode or whatever but put them back together, tune it up for 69s with augs, so we have something to do for an hour.

Edited by Sohaim

I think it was said in the last livestream interview, cantina tour or something like that, that simply too many people complained how hard LI was, and so that all new flashpoints will be on approximately the same level as the old ones (scaled to level, of course). If you want something geared for 69 with augs, try Operations.

Yes, they are split in way to artificial means, but I liked that it is shorter. If I simply want to run a quick flashpoint, I can now. But, I would not be unhappy if they were merged together.

Well, I don't know. I think it's filled with non-CM goodness. Sure, perhaps it's not perfect nor includes everything everyone wanted (still not enough love for PVP folks IMO) it is certainly better for the anti-CM folks I would expect.

...of which I am not one of those folks btw...I'm happy with CM content for the most part when it is released.

I think it was said in the last livestream interview, cantina tour or something like that, that simply too many people complained how hard LI was, and so that all new flashpoints will be on approximately the same level as the old ones (scaled to level, of course). If you want something geared for 69 with augs, try Operations.

Yes, they are split in way to artificial means, but I liked that it is shorter. If I simply want to run a quick flashpoint, I can now. But, I would not be unhappy if they were merged together.

that makes me sad, and men whats the problem with having Flashpoints for 69s? operations takes more then 1h, nothing wrong with having a Hard FP tuned for 69s for 4 people to enjoy, i see a lot of people asking for NiM mode for Flashpoints, also i found the conversations(droid giver is on the GTN, the actual guy is on the Gav daragon close to SnV) that send you into the Flashpoint, they are still to be edited i think, since it gives you the quest "Titans Of Industry".

that makes me sad, and men whats the problem with having Flashpoints for 69s? operations takes more then 1h, nothing wrong with having a Hard FP tuned for 69s for 4 people to enjoy, i see a lot of people asking for NiM mode for Flashpoints, also i found the conversations(droid giver is on the GTN, the actual guy is on the Gav daragon close to SnV) that send you into the Flashpoint, they are still to be edited i think, since it gives you the quest "Titans Of Industry".

The problem is many people not wanting them, that is all.

As for the droid giver, this is just like Operations, the does not give the exact name of the quest. You always get something like "Betrayal at Denova", "Legions of Scum and Villainy", etc.

Also, just wondering, what stops you from running them in sequence? Just ask your GF band if they want to run both of them, and you can go straght after you jump out the first one, just reenter queue with only the second one selected...

The problem is many people not wanting them, that is all.

As for the droid giver, this is just like Operations, the does not give the exact name of the quest. You always get something like "Betrayal at Denova", "Legions of Scum and Villainy", etc.

Also, just wondering, what stops you from running them in sequence? Just ask your GF band if they want to run both of them, and you can go straght after you jump out the first one, just reenter queue with only the second one selected...

its both the Droid and the actual quest that you need to complete, and those are operations, Betrayal at Denova is just the intro no? when you talk to saresh it changes to Explosive Conflict no?my point is, this was One Flashpoint as intended, i just ran it again with some casual people, they all agreed that its too freaking short,its like doing Taral V skipping all bosses, and who is these people that would not want it?? also its a option, if some people liked this, leave this, but make a "NiM Titans of Industry" mode where its aimed to 69s and the FP stays whole, and not split into two, everyone stays happy, people who are alredy geared will want to play this, or at least put em back together, its really too short, but well thats just my opnion, i can see that you liked it this way, i just hope that they dont do this to Imperial Warlod, but now i find it hard that they will not.

its both the Droid and the actual quest that you need to complete, and those are operations, Betrayal at Denova is just the intro no? when you talk to saresh it changes to Explosive Conflict no?my point is, this was One Flashpoint as intended, i just ran it again with some casual people, they all agreed that its too freaking short,its like doing Taral V skipping all bosses, and who is these people that would not want it?? also its a option, if some people liked this, leave this, but make a "NiM Titans of Industry" mode where its aimed to 69s and the FP stays whole, and not split into two, everyone stays happy, people who are alredy geared will want to play this, or at least put em back together, its really too short, but well thats just my opnion, i can see that you liked it this way, i just hope that they dont do this to Imperial Warlod, but now i find it hard that they will not.

I think it is the intro, completing the Operation, and debriefing.

I do agree that it would be nice, but there is always having to weight costs against probable outcome. If you spent months of developer time and QA on making NiM flashpoint, which only 10% of people would enjoy and which would not bring any new gear level like NiM Ops, it would probably be waste of said developer time and QA, which could be used on other content.

And I would suggest to stop reading those Patch Notes leaks :D, they are very old and simply should not be used for reference or even for claiming you were "lied to" (not saying you do that)

Because we don't have short flashpoints now :rolleyes:

Seriously, which flashpoints that we have right now are so lengthy and difficult people are deterred by them? An FP like Battle of Ilum may seem long, but everyone at this point knows how to take shortcuts, and voila!, you have a 30-min FP run.

Btw, WoW introduced "challenge modes" to 5 man dungeons, meaning a special difficulty for dungeons which are otherwise just as easy as what we have here. In these challenge modes your gear simply downgrades to a certain level, so there's always a timed-run challenge (based on the whole server) waiting. Give such a nice thing here :(

Seriously, which flashpoints that we have right now are so lengthy and difficult people are deterred by them? An FP like Battle of Ilum may seem long, but everyone at this point knows how to take shortcuts, and voila!, you have a 30-min FP run.

Foundry is pretty brutally long.

I think it is the intro, completing the Operation, and debriefing.

I do agree that it would be nice, but there is always having to weight costs against probable outcome. If you spent months of developer time and QA on making NiM flashpoint, which only 10% of people would enjoy and which would not bring any new gear level like NiM Ops, it would probably be waste of said developer time and QA, which could be used on other content.

And I would suggest to stop reading those Patch Notes leaks :D, they are very old and simply should not be used for reference or even for claiming you were "lied to" (not saying you do that)

Those patch leaks are something to expect, things change as they did, for better or worse, in this case to me(personal opnion) for very Worse, also its not that hard to simple tune up a Fp, the mechanics are there, make they do dmg lol, and as it stands i think more poeple would play a "Nightmare" level Flashpoint then NiM operations, just based on the fact that its easier to put up a 4 men group then a 8 or 16 men, also i think one of the reason to split Titans of Industry is to also say" New Flashpoints" which is in fact just one(if you compare it to others in term of content), so far there is nothing small and fast as those "Czerka" FPs, and honestly when eric posted that two Flashpoints were coming, i dont think anyone would expect this, most people expeceted two fully fledge Flashpoints, like the ones we have now(i as knew about the Leaks, i was expecting that Imperial Warlord was coming lol, you cant imagine how sad i was when i saw what they did to Titans of Industry).

To be honest, i think they were split for one simple reason - they are designed as queue cleaners. They are role less, they are quick to run, which reduces the number of people in the queue drastically. it is a test, if people like it, the trend will continue. If not, perhaps they will go back to the old system and keep these as queue cleaners.

And yes, while the leaks provide some look into things to come, they should not be taken as 100% accurate

I do not expect Warlord to be part of 2.4, which is supposed to bring mainly PVP, and then new Ops (something with Dread Masters, probably on Oricon) so maybe a new FP will come with it with it. However, 2.5 is much more likely, so that PvP people can have at least one patch focused on them (which I would fully support, they deserve it).

If I do follow the leaks, the timing or Warlord in 2.5 (late october/early november) would seem to be appropriate. Warlord is about a renegade Imperial Moff who abandoned the Empire which started to be much more accepting of aliens, and it would happen half year after RotHC launched, which showed this acceptance of aliens much more.

To be honest, i think they were split for one simple reason - they are designed as queue cleaners. They are role less, they are quick to run, which reduces the number of people in the queue drastically. it is a test, if people like it, the trend will continue. If not, perhaps they will go back to the old system and keep these as queue cleaners.

And yes, while the leaks provide some look into things to come, they should not be taken as 100% accurate

I do not expect Warlord to be part of 2.4, which is supposed to bring mainly PVP, and then new Ops (something with Dread Masters, probably on Oricon) so maybe a new FP will come with it with it. However, 2.5 is much more likely, so that PvP people can have at least one patch focused on them (which I would fully support, they deserve it).

If I do follow the leaks, the timing or Warlord in 2.5 (late october/early november) would seem to be appropriate. Warlord is about a renegade Imperial Moff who abandoned the Empire which started to be much more accepting of aliens, and it would happen half year after RotHC launched, which showed this acceptance of aliens much more.

but the role less is only for SM, that i have yet to see, this whole time i was talking about HM, and thats why i think it makes no sense to split it just for the "queue cleaners" because HM still needs the tank/heals/dps, plus the elite comms are only awarded for HMs, i dont think many people will run that in SM, you get better gear from crafting (purple 66s) cant say much about it though, yet to play that on SM fully(only played the second part on SM, it was stupid fast), also i was not expecting Warlord to be any soon after this lol, Off topic, i wish we would get some more leaks, its sucks to have nothing to expect beyond the Dread Masters.

on your computer stands a symbol of oppression,Where a thousand men have languished under the name of this GAME, SWTOR, who has been held up to you as the shining example of A PERFECT GAME. You have been supplied with a false FACTS to stop you from tearing down this corrupt game . Let me tell you the truth about BIO WARE, from the words of BIO-WARES police commissioner, James Gordon: “The GAME didn’t murder STARWARS. He saved my boy and took the blame for his appalling crime, so that I could to my shame build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the mad man who tried to murder my own child. While I can no longer live with my lie, it is time to trust the people of SWTOR with the truth, and it is time for me to resign.” And do you accept this man’s resignation? And do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the corrupt? We take swtor from the corrupt, the rich, the oppressors of generations who kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you, the people. swtor is yours. None shall interfere, do as you please. Start by storming THE FLEET and free the oppressed. Step forward, those who would serve, for an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened, spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive as they learn to survive true justice. This great city… it will endure. STAR WARS will survive.

What the f is this? LOL?