TFB Secret Zone

In 16 man hard mode TFB there is a cave (You can find the cave gaurded by several beasts... between the 1st and 2nd boss beneathe a bridge) that displays the text "You feel a chilling presence" which does not occur for SM or 8m HM.

If everyone has the dread guard mask that drops from dreadtooth, and one person has the amulet that drops off of 10 stack dreadtooth, someone can use the amulet and summon this bonus boss (Dreadful Entity) to get the "Dread Slayer" title and an orb. You can use this orb to summon a powerful aura around you or another (enemy or PC)

not sure what the orb is for. Someone dropped this hint:

"The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy. "

World First goes to Carnage Gaming.

Looks like the stairs before Thrasher in SnV will also harbor a secret boss.

Edited by dipstik

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the cave in between the 1st and 2nd boss? if so then my group also found this thinking there would be a chest in it. It was on SM 8-man and there was a mob there guarding it but there was nothing in it nor did we get red text or anything like that.

Are you talking about the cave in between the 1st and 2nd boss? if so then my group also found this thinking there would be a chest in it. It was on SM 8-man and there was a mob there guarding it but there was nothing in it nor did we get red text or anything like that.

yeah that cave... but u need 16m HM

Edited by dipstik

i guess its between the 2nd and 3rd boss... i could have sworn it was near the lore, where the trash beasts were

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?cat=139

some good discussion on this blog:

Things that have been tried:

Entering with everything unequipped and no items in inventory.

Entering with certain Vanity Pets (specific pets needed)

Going in with Shockfrozen Water

Going in with the Normal Water Buff

Going in with an Orobird Egg (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)

Going in with both the Egg and the Water Buff (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)

Going in with a Magenta Adegan Crystal

Going in with a Magenta Crystal

Going in with a Rough Magenta Shard

Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky

Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Buff

Having everyone in there at much and having a Dance Party (okay, maybe not that last part)

Dragging monster’s into the cave and killing them.

Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Debuff only

Things that still need to be tried:

Going in with a Pristine Adegan Crystal

Dance Party/Something that plays music

Going in with Womp Rat Fever

Going in with the buffs from Outlaw’s Den

Dueling in the cave.

Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Buff

Going back after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time. (EMPTY/Locked-out INSTANCE)

Checking it out the next time you do it (Not locked-out/Empty instance) after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time

Checking it after completing the story quest.

Checking it after completing it on both story and hardmode.

My main ideas are that whatever you do, it either:

A. Summons a boss (My main instinct is a Force Ghost) that drops something special.

B. Gives a Pet

C. Gives a Color Crystal

Edited by dipstik

Creapy! Try going in with no armor.

"Only what you bring with you."

-Yoda.

I mean, if something comes out and kills you, I'm sorry, but this theory makes sense.

Anyways! Please, keep this thread updated! I want to ear what's in there! And good luck!

Personal reward theory: Black-purple PVE crystal, like the black-orange PVE crystal from EC, (TFB's prequel) and both are sold as PvP versions.

I would LOVE a pet from the Hypergate... Strange monster thing. Or a baby final boss! :D

Odds are its a pet or crystal. This is Star Wars, think lore... Something that has to do with the op, and the dread masters...

Good luck friend, may the force be with you.

We noticed that cave right before we got to the 2nd boss encounter in 16-EC HM so we went down there, killed all the mobs and went in the cave to see the red text but nothing happened and we didn't try anything else to find out.

The lore object is on the way to this cave but its Codex entry didn't seem to give any clues either.

in the star-wars movie Luke is training with Yoda on Degaba and at one point he goes near an area and tells Yoda he feels COLD. Yoda proceeds to tell him that the area (which has a cave ) is strong with the DarkSide. When Luke proceeds to the area with his weapon Yoda tells him he wont need it but Luke doesn't listen and takes weapons anyways. When he enters the cave he see's Vader and they fight. He kills Vader and destroys his mask to reveal it Luke himself behind the mask.

I went a little over-baord here but it's got to be linked to this part of the movie.......Maybe???

When Luke Skywalker traveled to Dagobah to train with Yoda in 3 ABY, the elder Master tasked him to enter the cave. Luke confronted an illusion of Darth Vader within and defeated it in a lightsaber duel, dipping into the passion of the dark side in the process. It was there that he realized what would happen if he turned to the dark side of the Force. Behind the mask of Darth Vader, he saw his own face. It also presaged the revelation that Vader was, unknown to him at the time, actually his father, Anakin Skywalker.

"That place… is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. In you must go."

"What's in there?"

"Only what you take with you."

―Yoda and Luke Skywalker

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Side_Cave

Maybe you must enter it alone, possibly for a solo fight. (like the movie)

Is there any in game item that gives you a buff that keeps you warm, that anyone can get at any point of the game?...

I cannot imagine it would involve multiple people at 1 time (to activate the event), nor a specific alignment, nor a specific race/class combo.

Edited by Fortunefive

i wonder... if this could be done with Revan's Mask....

I don't know! I wish we could get those "official" hints posted here somewhere.... hint hint

TBH seems like a troll post (the hints) since im sure somewhere out there some one has been datamining the hell out of 1.4, and there has been nothing as far as I know about new pets that get hatched, or a new color crystal, or something else completely new...

So whats in the cave? /trollface hehe lolz well you're in the cave so w/e you took with you /duh

Try everyone going in there with a "Red rhombus" title. It's something. I'm reading the lore from it back and forth... And it probably has something to do with a "ruined city, known as "green ellipse". Maybe it's haunted...?

It probably does have something to do with the cave of evil on Dagobah. Maybe everyone fights their "dark side" (chapter 3 final boss vision?)

Just spitballing here.

How about enabling the new moods? It's a longshot, and none of them seem perfect but perhaps Alarmed, Awed, Discomforted, or Meditative is on the right track.

As for the "only what you take with you" thoughts, has anyone dragged any mobs into the cave?

Is there any in game item that gives you a buff that keeps you warm, that anyone can get at any point of the game?

I'm not so sure this is on the right track, but nothing should be discounted when brainstorming. The closest I can think of is the Cold Weather Equipment you receive when first arriving on Hoth (though I only received this on one of four toons, my BH I believe). It increases Elemental resistance by 10% for an hour (nice right). Torhead shows a stack of 10 but I only received 1.

Only issue with Cold Weather Equipment is I don't believe you receive it on the Republic side at all. I know I did get it on my Sorcerer however.

As for vision thingy--I did think it could possibly be a vision similar to the Voss Vision you have, but I don't think it'll be current story related (if there is a vision) considering the operation story seems to take place after chapter 3.

Also, I know someone has tried taking in the mobs close by (right in front of) the cave, but if someone wants to try other mobs...

Edited by Jenemi

if the buff dont run out, trying to go with the buff of the red poll that calls to you the adds from the 1 st boss

Good luck. Let us know how it goes~

. Text isn't particularly readable unfortunately. :/ Not sure how to get better quality on Procaster.

Only issue with Cold Weather Equipment is I don't believe you receive it on the Republic side at all. I know I did get it on my Sorcerer however.

Hmm this reminded me about the future requirements for obtaining HK-51.

"The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!" - Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer)

This would fulfill the mentioned level 50 and mid-level character for Republic players but not Imperials with a 50.

Also the HK-51's ship crashed on Belsavis, a planet with a significant Dread Masters storyline for the Imperial side.