C2-N2: Shut him up, or shut him off...

mpen

Let me preface this by saying that I actually like C2-N2. I think he's funny, and he reminds me of Threepio, which I think is the point.

But seriously. On my Jedi Knight, I've taken to running out of my bridge and jumping over the railing to get to the door on the way out, just because I don't wanna hear him talk again when I run to the top of the staircase.

The radius inside which he decides to speak to you should be decreased. A lot. If I pass through the door he's standing near. Sure. But not when I'm 13-15 metres away. He's grating on me, and I don't want to hate him.

Protocol droids are supposed to be annoying, its part of SW lore.

Bounty Hunters get a mission where you can have the option to blast a droid "secretary" then later on he comes back with his memory wiped. you could totally skip that interaction and it wont effect anything, but its fun. The best hing was when that droid sent me an email with some cash asking me to find his master... The one I assassinated not too long ago.

Whoever designed this companion deserves praise. :)

Protocol droids of this game ftw:

05-D6: Welcome to Macula Station, gateway to the Belsavis penal colonies. Feel free to ask me about our correctional facilities.

Intake Officer: Can it, 05. This is a prison, not a tourist attraction.

It's not like I don't want to hear him. I think he's awesome. I just wish the trigger zone for making him talk was a little smaller.

I would be happy if we could shoot/light saber him as we go off and on the ship.

"Sir, it is my utmost- GYAH!!!"

didnt read your post but my first character was a jedi shadow and i actually rerolled because i hated C2-N2's voice so much. then of course when i got my ship on my trooper i realized everyone has to deal with him. nooooooooooooooooooo!

The worst is when you send him on crew skill missions. It's like he has 3 phrases and each one seems to be a minute long.. funny the first time.. incredibly irritating the 100th time. Edited by Slayce

It does get annoying boarding your ship and hearing how he's added cushioning to your seats for the 50th time. I can't even sit in the damn things anymore since the cushions are too high.

I like him, but man his lines get so annoying after hearing them for so long.

It's the worst as a smug. It is starting to really get on my nerves badly. It's fine on my Jedi because I can hop over the railing. I love the Empire droid. I actually want him as my main but Vette.... 2V... He's awesome. C2 really needs to get toned down or give us some options for him or some other droids... There are so many droids in the SW universe. Arrgh.. C2 is not amusing. Also I hate the way he looks! Edited by siegeshot

I don't mind the ship droids, on the ship. I wish you could take them as a healer companion without being driven methodically insane.

This.

I decided to give him a fair shot on my Marauder (and why not? Healer FTW.) After two fights and him just...babbling, I said screw it and brought Vette out again.

Thankfully Quinn does a MUCH better job at that then the damn droid. He can heal, shoot things AND be quiet all at once.

I'm getting very irritated with c2-n2. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over. I actually tab out of the game just to post on the forums and just get away from him for awhile.

I use him for crafting missions and he just pops up in the middle of battle and says he is sorry for f'in up the mission. I so want to just smash his face in!!!!!!!!!

dev's u really need to put in a mute button for the mission's or something, and when they return they shut down any window you have open. Just really bad timing on them. Just have a little something flash on the crew icon or something. But please fix this or i'm soooo gonna rage quit your game.

This.

I decided to give him a fair shot on my Marauder (and why not? Healer FTW.) After two fights and him just...babbling, I said screw it and brought Vette out again.

Actually yea I geared up my 2V today. He actually is a really decent healer. But he spams that one line every time I go into battle, and several times in the battle. It is really, really awful. Other than that I really like 2V. C2 has to go though. Has to go.

Keep him as an option for people or whatever, but I would rather have any other current droid, or a lot of the just, regular old standard factory programmed droids. Let me work on their attitude / vocals myself or something. Sheesh.

There are so, so, so many awesome droids in the current SWTOR universe. Every day I'm seeing a new droid going, "man I wish I had one of those..." It just drives me really, really ragey to be stuck with C2.

I was on Tatooine today and there were these awesome rusty droids guarding the ship hanger. They looked SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would it maybe, be hard to just.. change C2's skin at least? And then maybe, shut his vocals and text off. That'd be a huge step in the right direction.

There are so many awesome droid skins in this game... Trying to roleplay in this game, its really driving me berserk (esp on my Smuggler) to have to deal with C2.