PvP - Unsubbed Account.

xeropressure

I, as an avid PvPer on many games and genres am quiting ToR untill such time as ;

1) All PvP gear gets expertise. What is the point of PvP gear without expertise on in when that is a major stat in PvP.

2) PvP gets brackets. I don't know who came up with the bolster buff, or placing an expertise buff in a warzone when lower levels dont have expertise at all. 15% of nothing is still nothing.

3) The UI has more options. I dislike side bars and having only 2 at the bottom when I use my mouse for all keybinds isn't ideal.

I am not 'crying' or 'whining' I am unsubbing as it is the only language a company will understand. Even if I am the only one to do it, I at least wont be playing a game that demands you be level capped to enjoy PvP. This game has many virtues, it has few major flaws, over all considering its age it is a very polished MMO. The only down side is the PvP being so severely broken.

I'd like to keep playing, I'd love to PvP when ever I can, the issue is the PvP being as broken as it is ruining an otherwise brilliant game.

Rage, troll, do whatever you want. I do advise that if you want them to hurry the PvP fixes you unsub as it makes it a big problem for them. Complaining wont get through as quickly as people leaving due to the PvP content.

TL : DR - Unsub if pvp is your issue and put it as your unsub reason. It will get through much quicker than complaining on forums.

Edited by xeropressure

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your points. Can't really even level through pvp now that there's 50s starting to fill the matches. Totally worthless to help win a match with the way things are now unless you're 50 and have acquired some level of expertise PvP gear.

It needs to be fixed last week. Sometime soon isn't going to cut it.

I don't know who came up with the bolster buff, or placing an expertise buff in a warzone when lower levels dont have expertise at all. 15% of nothing is still nothing.

The Expertise buff pickup is an additive bonus, not a multiplicative one. It's a +15% to damage/healing that stacks with other expertise +%, not a +15% to your expertise stat.

Not trying to be elitist or anything, just wondering: Avid PvPer in many games, yet a clicker? O.o

I never said I was a clicker. Side bars take up viewing room bottom bars do not due to camera angles. I use a Razer Naga 17 button MMO mouse, I use alt, ctrl, ctrl+alt and Shift as my modifiers.

And thanks for reminding me;

4) When I use control as a modifier for an ability I cannot move my character, he stops moving.

The Expertise buff pickup is an additive bonus, not a multiplicative one. It's a +15% to damage/healing that stacks with other expertise +%, not a +15% to your expertise stat.

I know it is a multiplier buff, but it is supposed to buff expertise, my point was that low levels, stuck in warzones with 50s, have no expertise making it essentially a moot point to have this buff for them.

I know it is a multiplier buff, but it is supposed to buff expertise, my point was that low levels, stuck in warzones with 50s, have no expertise making it essentially a moot point to have this buff for them.

Try actually reading what I wrote, because you've got it completely backwards. It doesn't matter how much expertise you have, you still get the same benefit (15% more damage and healing).

Edited by Aiiane

The game is still in it's first month, some people need to lower their ridiculously high expectations.

You're an "avid" pvper? aren't they supposed to learn and adapt better to un-scripted events compared to pve players? If your getting own'd by level 50s then get to 50 and become the big dog in the yard. The 50s put in more time in the game to get to 50 and they beat you what did you expect?

avid .... I do not think it means what you think it means

If not you'd be level 50

I know exactly what it means. You assume I have the time to level in any hardcore fashion when I mainly only get weekends to power into it. This time of year I have family obligations, some of which are my kids. You are picking fault with me instead of my argument. This is called an Ad hominem argument. The points I made are valid, I just don't have the time to level right now. Not only that, even if I was 50 I don't want to face roll over lower levels for a win, I want a challenge, it is after all why I prefer PvP to PvE.

PvE: Scrited battles, keep trying you WILL eventually understand an encounter and win - computer programmed to eventually fail.

PvP: Not scripted due to human element of players. You can never be 100% sure what a player will do. - This is a challenge and what I play for.

Now, before you say "lawls you want a challenge and wont fight higher levels" I don't mind being in a bracket, (lets say, for argument's sake level 10- 14 as 14 is when you can buy some pvp gear) where I could be the lowest entry level into the bracket and still have a chance against the highest level of said bracket. This would mean the pvp geat at 14, 24 etc etc arent that detrimental to the game as they dont have expertise anyway, so really its just a better option for said level.

however when I'm 25 and I'm fighting 1 or more 50s, sometimes solo, between stuns I generally wont have a chance to move as resolve doesn't stack fast enough for it and in said stun they can just nuke me down. This is why they need to bracket pvp, and possibly add expertise to lower level PvP gear.

The game is still in it's first month, some people need to lower their ridiculously high expectations.

You're an "avid" pvper? aren't they supposed to learn and adapt better to un-scripted events compared to pve players? If your getting own'd by level 50s then get to 50 and become the big dog in the yard. The 50s put in more time in the game to get to 50 and they beat you what did you expect?

So you think it is entirely fair for any PvPer, new to the game or not, to just get steam rolled by 50s, at the games level cap, even if they are only level 10?

This is a terrible way to think. PvP brackets would solve half the PvP problems. I understand a 50 should beat me, higher level and better gear, I cannot and will not dispute that fact. My issue is that while leveling I must face people twice my level, with gear that has stats purely for pvp that, at my level, the stat doesnt exist. The PvP has some major issues.

Try actually reading what I wrote, because you've got it completely backwards. It doesn't matter how much expertise you have, you still get the same benefit (15% more damage and healing).

You're missing my point. Expertise increases PvP effectiveness, like it says when you hover over it on the character panel. That 15% damage (as a dpser) is almost completely mitigated by anyone in superior gear as I still do not gain the much needed stat of expertise.

I agree with the need for brackets and I agree for the need of expertice on ALL lvl 50 PvP gear, Wont need it on the lower level PvP gear if we had bracketed between 10-49 and 50s in their own bracket with the non 50s haveing bolster. I wouldn't care about unballenced PvP while I was leveling. However on my BH when I am the only llvl 50 on my team and we cant do anything because I am the only person puttin out decent DMG and CC it kind of sucks.

Alright bye...

You're wrong. Bolstered PVP is excellent. Brackets is so fun when every level ending in a *9* gets to run around and ruin everyone below them.

You won't be missed.

NEXT.

Bolster works fine levels 1-49. Expertise throws balance out the window when you add level 50's to warzones. Either you get rid of Expertise or you get rid of the 50's in warzones.

Alright bye...

You're wrong. Bolstered PVP is excellent. Brackets is so fun when every level ending in a *9* gets to run around and ruin everyone below them.

You won't be missed.

NEXT.

Bolster is nice in theory, but it only boosts stats you have not stats you need.

And 50s are currently doing to pvp wha those '9's would do. Only, if someone is within 8 levels and everyone has bolster, you have a chance. So brackets would work.

Edited by xeropressure

So you think it is entirely fair for any PvPer, new to the game or not, to just get steam rolled by 50s, at the games level cap, even if they are only level 10?

This is a terrible way to think. PvP brackets would solve half the PvP problems. I understand a 50 should beat me, higher level and better gear, I cannot and will not dispute that fact. My issue is that while leveling I must face people twice my level, with gear that has stats purely for pvp that, at my level, the stat doesnt exist. The PvP has some major issues.

Would you trade the bracket it is now for a longer que time level bracket? Honestly if BW decides to change it and the que times are lets say 15 mins for example. You get a BG at 30 and the majority is 39. Wouldn't it have the same sort of feel as it does now? The level 39s would be the big dog.

Would you trade longer que times to a BG which may offer the similar feel if you were lower in the bracket?

Bolster is nice in theory, but it only boosts stats you have not stats you need.

And 50s are currently doing to pvp wha those '9's would do. Only, if someone is within 8 levels and everyone has bolster, you have a chance. So brackets would work.

THat's a pretty good idea :D

Would you trade the bracket it is now for a longer que time level bracket? Honestly if BW decides to change it and the que times are lets say 15 mins for example. You get a BG at 30 and the majority is 39. Wouldn't it have the same sort of feel as it does now? The level 39s would be the big dog.

Would you trade longer que times to a BG which may offer the similar feel if you were lower in the bracket?

I'd rather wait and have a fair chance, as they don't have to remove bolster. And waiting 15 minutes for a fair fight is better than fast queues with so many 50's, be it my side or not, totally throwing the balance of the fight.

You can quest or even just chat between warzones if the times were longer, but right now you can't. And while I understand everyone would rather have more games of lesser quality, I'd rather have more fun in this virtual world, which means a fair fight.

And this goes the other way. If I was 50 I wouldn't enjoy destroying people who had no chance against me. Warzones are a team game, anyone seeking personal glory isn't helpful to the team.

You're missing my point. Expertise increases PvP effectiveness, like it says when you hover over it on the character panel. That 15% damage (as a dpser) is almost completely mitigated by anyone in superior gear as I still do not gain the much needed stat of expertise.

...what? Now you're not even making sense. The buff IS expertise - do you not know what expertise is?

Expertise is a buff to damage/healing. The buff is also a buff to damage/healing. The two can add together.

FOR EXAMPLE...

If you have ~320ish expertise from gear, that gives you +10% damage and healing in PvP.

If you also pick up the expertise WZ buff, that gives you +15% damage and healing in PvP, for a total of +25% damage and healing.

If you don't have any expertise from gear and you pick up the WZ buff, you still get +15% damage and healing - which is more than the level 50 with expertise on their gear but not the WZ buff.

In short simple form:

Non-50 without buff: +0% damage/healing

Non-50 with buff: +15% damage/healing

50 with 320ish expertise, no buff: +10% damage/healing

50 with expertise and buff: +25% damage/healing

Edited by Aiiane

I'd rather wait and have a fair chance, as they don't have to remove bolster. And waiting 15 minutes for a fair fight is better than fast queues with so many 50's, be it my side or not, totally throwing the balance of the fight.

You can quest or even just chat between warzones if the times were longer, but right now you can't. And while I understand everyone would rather have more games of lesser quality, I'd rather have more fun in this virtual world, which means a fair fight.

And this goes the other way. If I was 50 I wouldn't enjoy destroying people who had no chance against me. Warzones are a team game, anyone seeking personal glory isn't helpful to the team.

Fair enough. I guess brackets wouldn't be all that bad if they had cross server BGs as in that other game... ;)

But if it's just server based BGs the ques may be a while depending on the population.