So when do we get new chapters?

Brene

When they have the stories written, dialog recorded and quests created. Of all the content the class stories are some of the most time consuming to make.

I asked that author of IA story on twitter, he said some of his works are not released yet, so maybe they got the story ready but have to wait to see how well F2P goes then make class chapters.

Edited by Slowpokeking

A year is a long time for that.

Not when you consider all the other work they've been doing.

That being said, in my experience from other MMOs, a lot of the time (but not all), when content is released they are well into development of the next content upgrade. However, as someone else already said, EA/BioWare was probably waiting to see the results of F2P before committing resources into content (that might never be released).

Lastly, when you consider the SWTOR story arcs are more detailed than most other MMOs (voice acting, conversations, etc), if they keep that quality level, I do not expect new chapters for at least another year.

Lastly, when you consider the SWTOR story arcs are more detailed than most other MMOs (voice acting, conversations, etc), if they keep that quality level, I do not expect new chapters for at least another year.

You must be new to EA/BioWare.

The consensus (used to be?) that the stories were written and dialogue recorded well into the future when the game released. Is this no longer the case? I haven't kept up with swtor news for the last few months, there may be more recent info that I'm not aware of.

In any case, the long awkward silence on my ships just keeps getting longer and awkwarder :p

The consensus (used to be?) that the stories were written and dialogue recorded well into the future when the game released. Is this no longer the case? I haven't kept up with swtor news for the last few months, there may be more recent info that I'm not aware of.

In any case, the long awkward silence on my ships just keeps getting longer and awkwarder :p

I dont remember at all that the dialogue was recorded well in advanced, I dont remember seeing anything of that sort stated. I remember it was stated that the writing team is "years" ahead though.

I dont remember at all that the dialogue was recorded well in advanced, I dont remember seeing anything of that sort stated. I remember it was stated that the writing team is "years" ahead though.

Actually, it makes sense--the HK-51 dialogue and the Section X daily area conversations had been in the game's files for a large duration of beta. It wouldn't surprise me if they had prepared for Chapter 4 (or at least more story updates) before release.

Only devs could have offered some educated guess of an answer to your question OP. Then like half of them got fired.

5 Credits says Class stories will never be continued. We get some story advancements every now and then but it will always be shared content by all classes.

Just my guesses.

Only devs could have offered some educated guess of an answer to your question OP. Then like half of them got fired.

5 Credits says Class stories will never be continued. We get some story advancements every now and then but it will always be shared content by all classes.

Just my guesses.

This.

Even though people don't want to hear it, they are not going to invest in this game anymore. Any revenue from F2P is funneled to other projects. They will keep it afloat with minimal costs.

Actually, it makes sense--the HK-51 dialogue and the Section X daily area conversations had been in the game's files for a large duration of beta. It wouldn't surprise me if they had prepared for Chapter 4 (or at least more story updates) before release.

Dont think so. I remember looking through the HK-51 leaks. IIRC the original intention was that the HK-51 quest chain was located on Hoth. The quest chain got your items from tattooine, alderran and nar shadda,

Empire Side

1) Primary Sources

- Defeat Rogue Agents

- Return to Minder Eight

2) The Maker

- Talk to Tren Vaido

- Loot a Photoreceptor from Old Walker on Tatooine

- Loot a Repulsor Coil from Old Shields on Nar Shaddaa

- Loot a Macrofuser from Old Artillery on Alderaan

- Return to Tren Vaido

- Destroy Upgraded Battle Droids

- Confront Tren Vaido

3) Lethal Decor

- Talk to Koghaa Sentry

- Defeat the Entrance Guards

- Talk to Koghaa the Hutt

4) Ready to Serve

- Loot the Master Ident Chip

- Insert the Programming Spike into the HK droid

Edited by Girdeux

This.

Even though people don't want to hear it, they are not going to invest in this game anymore. Any revenue from F2P is funneled to other projects. They will keep it afloat with minimal costs.

While this is more than likely true, it's still disheartening.

Dont think so. I remember looking through the HK-51 leaks. IIRC the original intention was that the HK-51 quest chain was located on Hoth. The quest chain got your items from tattooine, alderran and nar shadda,

Empire Side

1) Primary Sources

- Defeat Rogue Agents

- Return to Minder Eight

2) The Maker

- Talk to Tren Vaido

- Loot a Photoreceptor from Old Walker on Tatooine

- Loot a Repulsor Coil from Old Shields on Nar Shaddaa

- Loot a Macrofuser from Old Artillery on Alderaan

- Return to Tren Vaido

- Destroy Upgraded Battle Droids

- Confront Tren Vaido

3) Lethal Decor

- Talk to Koghaa Sentry

- Defeat the Entrance Guards

- Talk to Koghaa the Hutt

4) Ready to Serve

- Loot the Master Ident Chip

- Insert the Programming Spike into the HK droid

Yeah that was the original datamined info from beta, but the Section X version was datamined during 1.1 or 1.2. And I believe the companion dialogue with HK-51 is mostly unchanged from the beta version. So they do appear to have had some decent lead time(or are rationing what content is already worked on to stretch it as long as possible).

Makeb scheduled for December. It's gonna bring Chapter 4: The Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Most likely this story will be shared between all classes... :(

http://www.swtor-spy.com/blog/304/chapter-4-rise-of-the-hutt-cartel/

If it's like other large planets, it will take a whopping 2-3 hours to do with 10 minutes of actual story. Oh yes, can hardly contain my excitement.

If it's like other large planets, it will take a whopping 2-3 hours to do with 10 minutes of actual story. Oh yes, can hardly contain my excitement.

ORLY, so you can level from level 20-50 in 15-20 hours doing planetary quests, watching ALL cutscenes? Really?

Hmm, interesting, because I think that's a lie.

ORLY, so you can level from level 20-50 in 15-20 hours doing planetary quests, watching ALL cutscenes? Really?

Hmm, interesting, because I think that's a lie.

That's not what he said. He said a large planet(so say Corellia), which is totally accurate as I have done complete class, planet, and bonus series quests with all cut scenes on most planets in a single day(or roughly 16 hours).