Space Combat: Shielded Targets

Aseku

I've noticed in a few runs of space combat missions that there are some targets like the shield pods on frigates, and the bridge of the destroyers that are impossible to destroy. When hit, they flash with a wide circle. Near as I can tell, this means that they are shielded.

I've focused fire, missiles, everything that I can think of and still no dice. Is there something I need to damage these targets? A piece of equipment that I'm supposed to get to break through that extreme shielding?

It puzzled me as well.

Once you start hitting mid 30's and getting better gear for your ship you can take these targets out.

As far as i can tell - no matter the level, you are infact doing damage. The shield effect will flash no matter what.

I did some of the earlier space maps over, and hit those shielded targets with multiple missles, and upgraded blasters. It is tough, but you will after a while destroy them.

The Star Destroyers always bothered me with the two shield generators on the top near the bridge. They always seemed to be shielded. Now i can take them out.

You'll get there. It just takes upgrade, and TON of focused damage.

when you get enough commendations, get the power conversion module. It significantly bumps your damage up - but at the cost of shield regeneration. -- And vice versa. When you switch to shields your blasters become USELESS. just a warning.

Hope this helps. dont be discouraged. good hunting!