Star Wars: War of the Dream Teams- Unit Lists

Aurbere

He is fine, and its Yoda that is the best Swordsmen in the PT Order. Its stated.

ya pretty much this the only reason mace stood toe to toe with sidious was vapaad's ability to fight dark siders something a lightsider wouldn't be vunerable to remember we have several lightsiders that are supposedly on the same skill lvl as mace such as qui-gon, and Dooku before becoming evil. Mace even had great respect for obi-wans skill literally calling him the greatest master of soresu the order had ever seen so it may be argueable that while obi-wan could never defeat mace he would hold his own for a while.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he is fine the only real thing he has over everyone is Vapaad which really is just an amp that helps him against darkside users it isn't an insta win.

as far as I can see vapaad can almost just be called juyo in terms of fighting lightsiders since the only real difference is it channeling darkside energy everything about it style wise points to its sister form.

as far as I can see vapaad can almost just be called juyo in terms of fighting lightsiders since the only real difference is it channeling darkside energy everything about it style wise points to its sister form.

Of course those with darkside guys will have some trouble, though I think there is only 3 of those.

Woah woah.

Hold up.

Since when are we nerfing people?

You want to talk about fair? How about how unfair it would be for me to have to choose a new champion, arguably the most important position in the game, once everyone else has gotten their top picks, despite the fact that I got here 3rd? If Mace Windu is OP, that should have been brought up earlier, so I could claim a new champion quickly. If you vote that he is not allowed, I will have to pick from the bottom.

And if the nerfing starts pin-pointing certain posters, I will be more than happy to contribute to the wave of downgrades.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Woah woah.

Hold up.

You want to talk about fair? How about how unfair it would be for me to have to choose a new champion, arguably the most important position in the game, once everyone else has gotten their top picks, despite the fact that I got here 3rd? If Mace Windu is OP, that should have been rought up earlier, so I could claim a new champion quickly. If you vote that he is not allowed, I will have to pick from the bottom.

And if the nerfing starts pin-pointing certain people, I will be more than happy to contribute to the wave of downgrades.

Honostly that's part of the reason why I was argueing that we don't need to Mace isn't that OP and there are awnsers to him just like all of our champions personally I think he is fine but its not up to me so far as far as I can tell you have 1 vote in your favor with wolf because we are both on the same page.

Edit: personally kind of curious as to what downgrades you would suggest (don't think we should really change anything) but its just this huge curiosity and I have this natural itch that makes me want to know.

Edited by tunewalker

Woah woah.

Hold up.

You want to talk about fair? How about how unfair it would be for me to have to choose a new champion, arguably the most important position in the game, once everyone else has gotten their top picks, despite the fact that I got here 3rd? If Mace Windu is OP, that should have been brought up earlier, so I could claim a new champion quickly. If you vote that he is not allowed, I will have to pick from the bottom.

And if the nerfing starts pin-pointing certain posters, I will be more than happy to contribute to the wave of downgrades.

I would rather not see Mace Windu removed. I put the vote up because the possibility of his removal was being brought up. If you think I was taking a stab at the competition, then you would be mistaken.

An issue was brought up, and I asked the Council to vote on it.

Not only that, but you would have plenty of options to pick from for a new Champion. Quinlan Vos, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi etc. All powerful and skilled Jedi.

Edited by Aurbere

I don't want to drag this debate further, we already delayed this for too long, we really need to start this, at max, on wednesday. I'll make just one last post before the council vote is over.

You guys lost the point, I was not trying to create a debate about Windu's power. I was just showing how that rule of not using Uber powerful characters is vague and subjective. The truth is that there are a few characters would fall in that line.

Mace Windu just show that. As some consider him the greatest swordsman of history, other list a bunch of charachters who could defeat him.

In the very first thread, these characters that were referred as Uber powerful: Palpatine, Revan, Starkiller, Vitiate, Darth Nihilus.

All of them were defeated in some point. Some would say that Windu is morew powerful than Palpatine, as he defeated him in single combat, canon fact. Darth Nihilus had na unique ability we all know, but it makes him very far from being labeled as uber or invincible. Vitiate was imortal, lived more than milenia, but he achieved this through essence transfer, and I take this ability will not come to play. Starkiller, was very powerful, but he is far from invincible, as Revan.

I honestly think all these characters should be allowed. None of them are invincible, immortal, and none willl grant instant-win. Just think about this, it would end with all this debates.

Edited by marcelo_sdk

I won't to drag this debate further, we already delayed this for too long, we really need to start this, at max, on wednesday. I'll make just one last post before the council vote is over.

You guys lost the point, I was not trying to create a debate about Windu's power. I was just showing how that rule of not using Uber powerful characters is vague and subjective. The truth is that there are a few characters would fall in that line.

Mace Windu just show that. As some consider him the greatest swordsman of history, other list a bunch of charachters who could defeat him. In the very first thread, these characters that were referred as Uber powerful: Palpatine, Revan, Starkiller, Vitiate, Darth Nihilus.

All of them were defeated in some point. Some would say that Windu is morew powerful than Palpatine, as he defeated him in single combat, canon fact. Darth Nihilus had na unique ability we all know, but it makes him very far from being labeled as uber or invincible. Vitiate was imortal, lived more than milenia, but he achieved this through essence transfer, and I take this ability will not come to play. Starkiller, was very powerful, but he is far from invincible, as Revan.

I honestly think all these characters should be allowed. None of them are invincible, immortal, and none willl grant instant-win. Just think about this, it would end with all this debates.

1. Nihilus is...meh really, the only thing that is big for him is his use of Force Drain. His other skills just seem to be non-existent.

2. Vitiate...same really, his power comes from his rituals and trinkets. He is powerful on his own yes, but not unbeatable.

3. Galen is actually normal really when looking at him canon wise. He has raw force power sure, but that doesn't mean he wins easily.

4. Revan the same way really.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

1. Nihilus is...meh really, the only thing that is big for him is his use of Force Drain. His other skills just seem to be non-existent.

2. Vitiate...same really, his power comes from his rituals and trinkets. He is powerful on his own yes, but not unbeatable.

3. Galen is actually normal really when looking at him canon wise. He has raw force power sure, but that doesn't mean he wins easily.

4. Revan the same way really.

Ya personally I never had a problem with these guys it may have been disallowed because how hard it is to argue them (and again I think everyone forgets the only reason Mace stood up against palps was mace was using palps power against him). By hard to argue I mean you get biasness on them more often then you do on most of the people from TCW or other times in history.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=639851

Just posting this here so selenial bion, nelt and rayla can see this...... also I am pretty sure Zahris hasn't posted his stuff yet either so when you all get a chance go ahead and post your starting locals and we can get this thing underway. :D

This guys, we can't get started until these garrisons are recorded.