Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antonine
01.17.2019 , 10:05 AM | #6201
Here's one for the wishes prompt

Soturi'el Sith (Dark Side) Pureblood Warrior

Spoiler

And just a few minor author notes.

Spoiler

frauzet
Yesterday , 06:56 AM | #6202
This week’s SFWC prompt:

Week of January 18, 2019:

To Sleep: perchance to dream? Humans spend, on average, one third of their lives asleep. We have rooms, furniture, phrases and clothing all dedicated to this biological necessity. What does your character do to sleep? Do they have special rituals? Do they need a sleep mask and soothing music or can they fall asleep anywhere, anytime? Do they prefer near silence and darkness? White noise and a night light? Are they always uncomfortable in a strange place? Does having a familiar object–pillow, blanket, childhood teddy bear–make it better? Pets? What about snoring or tossing and turning? Do they have a bedmate (or housemate) to annoy, or who annoys them? Maybe their sleep schedule is at odds with the rest of the world for some reason. Maybe they don’t have a sleep schedule–their days are too erratic. Perhaps they don’t require sleep themselves but find it an interesting trait in their companions.

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

In Hell: The Perfect Punishment–Poetic justice, punishment for sins, karma, call it what you will, the concept is as old as humankind. How would fate visit retribution on your more ignoble characters? What would be appropriate? During life or in an afterlife? Feel free to take this prompt as literally or figuratively as you like.

The right way the wrong way and my way: It’s said there are three ways to approach a task. What does your character think? Do they follow the rules, willingly break them, or choose their own path? Maybe all three at different times in their story? What about teaching someone else? Are they as inflexible as the saying suggests or will they entertain new solutions?

Note: This will be the last prompt I've cross-posted for some time.
My sub will be running out today.
I still love this game, yet I seldom find the time to play atm.
I may be back after a few months of vacation

I'll be lurking and reading your stories *waves*
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order