What class seems to eb most ''populated''?

Totalchicken

Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

You could make an entire Faction out of Sith Inquisitors, and it would still outnumber the Republic on most Servers

Yep. I went into the game thinking that the Bounty Hunter was going to be the most popular because it got so many rave reviews during beta. At launch I pleasantly surprised to see that it was actually the Sorcerer that dominated the population. I like being a rare commodity :)

Empire side?

SI > BH > SW > IA

In terms of the more popular AC for each, I'm seeing mostly

Assassin, Merc, Jug (shockingly), Sniper

Hmm, at first during pre-launch i did see a lot of Juggernauts/Guardians, but now that games officially launched all i see are Marauders and Sentinels. Kind of sad really.

I'm bumping into armies of Sorcs in Warzones.

In some cases there are between 4 and 6 per team.

A couple of times i've run into full Sorc teams.

When setting up the guild for pre launch before i'd got into beta I picked Inquisitor. So glad I changed my mind.

REason i am asking is because i am planning on being IR (inquistor) But i dont want to be an overused class.. I want to be as much useful as possible

Inquisitors might be extremely popular but they are VERY versatile. Assassins can tank or dps, sorcerers can heal or dps so you will be useful no matter what advanced class you pick.

I'd say don't be discouraged by the popularity but that would make me a hypocrite lol. But don't fret in regards to if you will be useful or not. I've seen Flashpoints run by full Inq teams.

Inquisitors might be extremely popular but they are VERY versatile. Assassins can tank or dps, sorcerers can heal or dps so you will be useful no matter what advanced class you pick.

I'd say don't be discouraged by the popularity but that would make me a hypocrite lol. But don't fret in regards to if you will be useful or not. I've seen Flashpoints run by full Inq teams.

I guess that's the ''want to feel special part'' is controlling me in this situation =/

REason i am asking is because i am planning on being IR (inquistor) But i dont want to be an overused class.. I want to be as much useful as possible

Well, bad news: Sith Inquisitors are the hands down most popular class in the game (namely the Sorcerer when you get to ACs).

If you wanna still be one and fill in a role, then either go Sorc and take the healing route, or go Assassin and take the tanking route (though I've heard it isn't super awesome right now).

If you really wanna be unique, be a IA Operative... who is also a fat Rattataki.

Edited by Noviru

Well, bad news: Sith Inquisitards are the hands down most popular class in the game (namely the Sorcerer when you get to ACs).

If you wanna still be one and fill in a role, then either go Sorc and take the healing route, or go Assassin and take the tanking route (though I've heard it isn't super awesome right now).

If you really wanna be unique, be a IA Operative... who is also a fat Rattataki.

I'd say be fat female rattataki, but IMO body size 4 is FAR FAR FAR from fat. But I actually play a Male Chiss Operative, so fun! Amazing storyline too, imo the best on empire.

i went sorcerer because i like lightning. what i found out that i can be very useful and versatile. ive healed 4 man heroics and lightning spec, havent tried a dungeon yet but some of those heroics are harder than the dungeons. i like having the utility to fall back on and heal if the group gets in trouble, and when everything is going fine i can just throw lightning at people.

sorcerer seems to be the most played right now, that will probably taper off sooner or later though.

I wouldn't be discouraged about rolling a popular class. If you find the class fun, then you should roll it. I am expecting the Sith Inquisitor population to die down over the next month or two as people find out that the idea around the Inquisitor (shooting lightening, being Emperor Palpatine) is more appealing than the actual playstyle for them.

The real difference here is playing a class you enjoy and getting proficient at it. Would it be nice to be that class that is marginally unpopular? Sure. However, any guild leader worth his salt is going to take a player that is incredibly skilled at, say, Sith Inquisitor, than a player that is mediocre at Imperial Agent.

In fact, you owe it to yourself to try a few classes. With 8 unique, handcrafted story lines that include interesting twists and turns (I play a bounty hunter at the moment and I absolutely love the story), you'd be missing out by giving this the WoW mentality and pretending that end-game is all this game contains.

Well i think i am going to go Inq and see how it goes.. played it on the beta and it was fun (unlucky i didnt hav ethem time to test the other classes) So thanks for opening my mind.. Now is there any servers you would recommend? =P I have a hard time picking one as i dont really know any friend that play swtor

Well i think i am going to go Inq and see how it goes.. played it on the beta and it was fun (unlucky i didnt hav ethem time to test the other classes) So thanks for opening my mind.. Now is there any servers you would recommend? =P I have a hard time picking one as i dont really know any friend that play swtor

Depends on you're play type. PvP? PVE? RP? Do you like long server queues? Some servers are notorious for this but it's not near as bad as it was. Its also too early to tell what the ratio is of Empire/Republic will be on any given server.

My server is Tarro Blood which shows it being full most of the time but with virtually no queues. I have found that the Empire player base is actually quite friendly and so far have not come across any jerks or really immature people.

Again, I can only speak for my server and my experience so far. Wish you the best of server rolls. EDIT: Tarro Blood is PVE.

Edited by Unojc

Can't really recommend any unfortunately. I myself play on Jung Ma(RP-PVP) very healthy pop (queue was 60+ mins earlier in the week but as since droped to 20-30mins during prime time). Also, pretty friendly community from what i've seen.

Edited by Aisriyth