CC is to short as well as resolve. (stuns are fine)

Richard__Rahl

Stuns are balanced well I think for duration, but mezz durations...9 seconds is just stupid short considering all the ways people have to purge themselves of it.

Make mezz durations like 30 seconds.... make sure the cure abilites everyone has effects mezz and your good.

Also with the increased mezz duration you should increase the resolve timer, make it last for about 30 seconds as well. If you can change the resolve system completely that would be better. Make 30 second immunities after receiving a specific type of CC. IE if you get stun'd you can't be stun'd again for 30 seconds, but you can be mezz'd or knockbacked.

This has to be the most dumb idea i have seen in a while.

you want to be able to mez a player for 30 seconds?

Do you have any clue how insanely op that is?

Allready the mez/resolve system fails:

You are at a turret in Alderean

1) you click the turret but get mezzed, resolve bar becomes full

2) While you are stood there out of combat mezzed the resolve bar drops to 0

3) Repeat from #1

And you want a 30 second mez?

Go back to pve.

Just because you don;t understand something doesn't mean its a bad idea, DAoC had minute longs mezz's... and it was one of the best if not the best PvP game around. If everyone on your team as a 1.5 second cast time demezz ability it very easy to keep people unmezz'd.

Also thanks for reading the whole thread because I addressed the fact that the resolve system sucks too and needs to be extended... 30 seconds after your CC ends you shoudl have immunity to it. this goes for stun's, knockbacks, and mezz's.

Just because you don;t understand something doesn't mean its a bad idea, DAoC had minute longs mezz's... and it was one of the best if not the best PvP game around. If everyone on your team as a 1.5 second cast time demezz ability it very easy to keep people unmezz'd.

Also thanks for reading the whole thread because I addressed the fact that the resolve system sucks too and needs to be extended... 30 seconds after your CC ends you shoudl have immunity to it. this goes for stun's, knockbacks, and mezz's.

This is not Dark Age of Camelot. Please stop comparing the two. These two games are balanced completely differently.

The reason you can't have a minute long --or even 30 second-- long mezz is because of people like me. I play an Operative. I don't know if Scoundrels get anything similar, but sleep dart doesn't break stealth. On Alderaan Civil War, alone, I can defend a turret against three sometimes even four attackers by interrupting their capture progress using sleep dart, which is only subject to global cooldown.

Remember, sleep dart does NOT break stealth, so I can do this with impunity.

And you want it to be 30 seconds long?

This is not Dark Age of Camelot. Please stop comparing the two. These two games are balanced completely differently.

The reason you can't have a minute long --or even 30 second-- long mezz is because of people like me. I play an Operative. I don't know if Scoundrels get anything similar, but sleep dart doesn't break stealth. On Alderaan Civil War, alone, I can defend a turret against three sometimes even four attackers by interrupting their capture progress using sleep dart, which is only subject to global cooldown.

Remember, sleep dart does NOT break stealth, so I can do this with impunity.

And you want it to be 30 seconds long?

Obviously there are some other things that would need to change to make the system work like sleep darts not having a cool down timer, but aside from that, if 4 people roll up on your side and you start sleep darting them... they can use thier demzz ability and all of them are now immune to mezz for 30 seconds.

Like I said the reuse timer of sleep dart would need to be adjusted for the system to work, bringing it online with the other mezz reuse timers of 1 minute (45 seconds with tree specs). With soemthign that has such a major cooldown it and is breakable on damage it needs to have a bigger effect that 9 seconds...

Honestly, as much as it pains me to say it, WoW got it right with DR. Full duration > half duration > quarter duration > immune for 20 seconds just plain worked.

Any CC over 8 seconds is completely ridiculous though.

Edited by staysa

Obviously there are some other things that would need to change to make the system work like sleep darts not having a cool down timer, but aside from that, if 4 people roll up on your side and you start sleep darting them... they can use thier demzz ability and all of them are now immune to mezz for 30 seconds.

Like I said the reuse timer of sleep dart would need to be adjusted for the system to work, bringing it online with the other mezz reuse timers of 1 minute (45 seconds with tree specs). With soemthign that has such a major cooldown it and is breakable on damage it needs to have a bigger effect that 9 seconds...

Immune to it for another 30 seconds, then what's the point of mezzing then? With your idea, mezz in of itself becomes useless if an allied player can render you immune to it for any period of time.

In PvP you want abilities to be useful, but not too useful (overpowered). The answer is not always a counter-ability, because then the two essentially cancel each other out and neither are useful.

Mezzes work FINE as they are. With 30 second mezzes, two Operatives could OWN every warzone, hands down. The two of us could walk up on a capture point --often defended by two players-- mezz both, capture, and gank them.

EDIT

And one thing you may not know about sleep dart: CANNOT BE USED IN COMBAT. So before you go and propose changes, ensure you know all the facts.

Edited by TheGreatNeechi

Immune to it for another 30 seconds, then what's the point of mezzing then? With your idea, mezz in of itself becomes useless if an allied player can render you immune to it for any period of time.

In PvP you want abilities to be useful, but not too useful (overpowered). The answer is not always a counter-ability, because then the two essentially cancel each other out and neither are useful.

Mezzes work FINE as they are. With 30 second mezzes, two Operatives could OWN every warzone, hands down. The two of us could walk up on a capture point --often defended by two players-- mezz both, capture, and gank them.

Once again there would have to be a resue timer on your mez for it to work.

Second the demzz ability while it counters 30 second mezz very well actually requires players to play as team rather than just damage spamming.

IE you walk up on 2 guys defending, you mezz one and start DPSing the other (since your mezz has a reuse time now) If that guy does what most players would do and just starts noob attacking you, you can easily kill him and go claim before the buddies mezz wears off. Now if he instead does the smart thing and demezz's his friend you are screwed tring to solo it.

Not to mention that everyone has like a 2 minute reuse ability that can clear any CC and if two people are just standing there defending a point it will almost always be up.

Once again there would have to be a resue timer on your mez for it to work.

Second the demzz ability while it counters 30 second mezz very well actually requires players to play as team rather than just damage spamming.

Umm... killing the enemy should always be an effective tactic.

IE you walk up on 2 guys defending, you mezz one and start DPSing the other...

I stopped reading that paragraph there. Why mezz one and DPS the other? Get another Operative and MEZZ THEM BOTH.

Not to mention that everyone has like a 2 minute reuse ability that can clear any CC and if two people are just standing there defending a point it will almost always be up.

No, not everyone has that kind of ability. I have an ability "escape", it counters specific stuns (tech only), but never a mezz.

You are making something overly complicated to accommodate and balance a lengthy mezz. Keep it simple. Adding cooldowns, widening the time scale on captures etc., isn't worth it just so you have the opportunity to mezz a lone player for a protracted period of time, because that's what you really want.

Simplicity. Flow. Plausibility.

Everything else is just silly.

I stopped reading that paragraph there. Why mezz one and DPS the other? Get another Operative and MEZZ THEM BOTH.

Your example had you walking up on 2 people defending alone... I was using that example. Not to mention like I said most/all classes have a CC purge ability and if you mezz them both one purges, and demezzes the other. You are also talking about a 2v2 now which is way different that you as an OP going up to 2 people and taking them both down by yourself.

Either way i'm not going to convince you and your not going to convince me. While it would be somewhat complicated (modifying some abilies and changing the resolve system completely) I think it is a better system. That would take Star Wars to a more skill based PvP system.