Is Bioware backing up your accounts?

Grendyl

I am hearing of several people who have had ALL of their characters deleted (some repeatedly). Bioware did not restore their characters (not sure if its inability or unwillingness).

Many people have level 50 chars and are working diligently to gear them in OPS and HM FPs....

How would you feel if your characters were deleted either due to a bug on BW's end or malicious activity AND Bioware had no recourse to restore your account?

You had to start over from scratch.

I am hearing of several people who have had ALL of their characters deleted (some repeatedly). Bioware did not restore their characters (not sure if its inability or unwillingness).

Many people have level 50 chars and are working diligently to gear them in OPS and HM FPs....

How would you feel if your characters were deleted either due to a bug on BW's end or malicious activity AND Bioware had no recourse to restore your account?

If there was a bug on BW's end I'd figure they would know about it, but no one has complained about this. Perhaps people should be more careful with passwords and try to keep the mouse away from the DELETE button.

These are people that have the security key on their accounts. Highly unlikely its hacking unless BW has some seriously gaping holes on the backend security.

2 people im my guild have been effected already.. possibly a third I am still waiting to hear back on.

Are these supposedly banned accounts creating new accounts? There is a lot of info missing. I am half-tempted...you know what fully-tempted to call up a chicken little scenario here especially after "the banned account" response from S. Reid the other day.

And are we sure they were not playing during the Game Test Period and just got back to find out that the servers were wiped as noted?

Provide proof please. This has the makings of another BS troll.

Well this is all secondhand info from what people who have been effected have told me.

I am not trying to start a riot or anything but want some real feedback from the community on the importance of being able to recover your characters due to circumstances beyond your control.

From what I am being told from those effected, BW told them that it has happened to a small group of others as well. Being an IT guy, I would really like to know if the accounts are being backed up since that is IT 101 basic stuff.

It's all fun and games until its YOUR account that has issues....

Edited by Grendyl

Well this is all secondhand info from what people who have been effected have told me.

I am not trying to start a riot or anything but want some real feedback from the community on the importance of being able to recover your characters due to circumstances beyond your control.

From what I am being told from those effected, BW told them that it has happened to a small group of others as well. Being an IT guy, I would really like to know if the accounts are being backed up since that is IT 101 basic stuff.

My people say your people are wrong and/or making stuff up.

Where is this information coming from? Friends? Guildmates? Reddit? 4chan?

And for the record, I AM a Bioware fanboi. I love their games and really want them to succeed here. Having said that, if they are missing some of the basics that every MMO should have.. well it needs to be brought to light so they can address it.

What ppl? who?

My people say your people are wrong and/or making stuff up.

Where is this information coming from? Friends? Guildmates? Reddit? 4chan?

Several guildmates currently have reported this.

I suspect a third may be effected as well as all of his characters are missing from the guild roster this morning.

Several guildmates currently have reported this.

I suspect a third may be effected as well as all of his characters are missing from the guild roster this morning.

And the devs and mods are checking your info as we speak. You really should be careful of spreading lies and slander. They know what accounts are associated w/ your IP. They know what guild you speak of.

Quit trying to fear monger ppl.

:p

I'm sure its backed up. Whether they can pull single characters out is another thing. Especially since in beta everytime they tried to give premades they were the most ****ed up characters they would have to take the servers back down to remove them.

And the devs and mods are checking your info as we speak. You really should be careful of spreading lies and slander. They know what accounts are associated w/ your IP. They know what guild you speak of.

Quit trying to fear monger ppl.

:p

And for the record it sounds like you are the one fearmongering. It almost sounds like you are trying to threaten me on behalf of BW. Are you a BW employee? You know threatening behavior is not tolerated at all by BW... just saying.

Honestly, it just sounds like you're fishing for a dev answer to your question. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the whole story was made up just so you could get an answer.

Pretty sure that if anyone actually got their characters deleted, they'd be on the forums complaining about it themselves and not through a questionable secondhand source.

Uhm, okay I will say, "yes it is important to recover characters due circumstances beyond one's control" Obvious really.

I do find your thread irresponsible. You are basing this on 2nd hand info.

WOULD BE NICE IF YOU SAID THAT RIGHT UP FRONT.

Since you did not, you began by trolling the forum with the LEAST reliable source of information in the world: second hand information inside an MMO.

Sounds like BS just like the guy that claimed to get banned for making creds on the GTN.