were the prequels SO bad that you missed this:

justahdude

Spoiler alert!

The Imperials Have to WIN!

look at their logo... That is the REPUBLIC logo and future logo of Palpatine's empire... its painted on all the REPUBLIC ships during the clone wars LONG before Palpatine became emperor.

Im sure there is an explanation for this. but this is merely an observation.

The devs might want to take a closer look at the faction logos....

There is one. It's that the symbol is quite old, a lot older then the Galactic or even Sith Empire. It's a symbol that's supposed to represent the Galaxy contained within the Force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

It's a bit like the swastika predates Nazi Germany by a number of years.

Spoiler alert!

look at their logo... That is the REPUBLIC logo and future logo of Palpatine's empire... its painted on all the REPUBLIC ships during the clone wars LONG before Palpatine became emperor.

Maybe they needed a logo for their empire so they look in the history book and found it...? There are lots of explanations.

The ToR Sith Empire uses a perverted Bendu symbol - which represent unification of the galaxy favoring the Darkisde.

The Galactic Republic uses a normal Bendu symbol - which represent unification of the galaxy through the force.

The late Galactic Republic/Empire uses perverted Bendu symbol - which represent unification of the galaxy favoring the Darkisde - Sidious changed it during the Clone Wars.

None of the Republic's or Sith organization's in-between them used a Bendu symbol.

Sidious and Vitiate just had the same Idea.

The Jedi were heavy influence when the movie Republic was reformed, so it is possible they are responsible for the Bendu symbol becoming used by the Republic.

There is one. It's that the symbol is quite old, a lot older then the Galactic or even Sith Empire. It's a symbol that's supposed to represent the Galaxy contained within the Force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

It's a bit like the swastika predates Nazi Germany by a number of years.

Yep. But try tens of thousands of years of innocent meaning for the swastika - it's been found in stone-age petroglyphs, etc.

Don't think I missed this, and it made sense. Before the prequels were made, I kinda assumed that there had been a war between Empire and Republic.

The prequels revealed that the Republic turned into the Empire. I am not sure the symbol was notable in the movies before Palpatine appared in Episode 1, and it was clear at that point that it wouldn't be a Republic-Empire war that lead to the Empire in Episode IV, but that the Republic would be transformed.

This idea basically was the best thing I took from the prequels.

I find it a little regrettable that TOR doesn't really consequently follow this - basically the Republic already has the Storm/Clone Trooper armor, but it doesn't have the Star Destroyer designs, that's Sith design.

Of course, you can explain this by Palpatine changing the symbols and selecting the designs. But I kinda prefer the "twist" that these "Star Destroyers", "Storm Troopers" and so on was all the Republic - and was just perverted by Palpatine.

I find it a little regrettable that TOR doesn't really consequently follow this - basically the Republic already has the Storm/Clone Trooper armor, but it doesn't have the Star Destroyer designs, that's Sith design.

Of course, you can explain this by Palpatine changing the symbols and selecting the designs. But I kinda prefer the "twist" that these "Star Destroyers", "Storm Troopers" and so on was all the Republic - and was just perverted by Palpatine.

The Star Destroyer style ship design was already sort of established as a Sith design back in Kotor, so SWTOR is just keeping with that.

The Republic had little or no military before the clone wars so most of the ships you see had just been built and its very probable that Palpatine had a hand in the design of them.

I don't think the symbols are of relevance beyond "Empire" (Republic was metamorphosizing into the empire in the prequels.)

But it'd be interesting if the Sith empire "wins" in a "sequel" (of course they want to keep this game going for 10 years.)

Like all players start as sith or empire players in an endless Sith civil war, and very early can choose to become rebel jedis, who are almost extinct.

Spoiler alert!

This was a very long time before the prequals, and if the sith won then their wouldn't be a republic to over throw in the prequals.

Simple logic.

This was a very long time before the prequals, and if the sith won then their wouldn't be a republic to over throw in the prequals.

Simple logic.

Not necesarily.

To take a random example:

When my light side Sith Warrior addressed the dark council after having defeated Baras, my character told the council that they should be prepared for changes to how things were done.

So basicly, depending on which choices and consequences the writers decide on, practically anything is posisble.

Spoiler alert!

I'm guessing you missed the scene where Palpatine reorganised the Republic into the Empire?

The Empire IS the Republic.

As for TOR, we have 3000 years between now and then. Any number of things could happen (but it's worth noting that the "rebel" insignia of the original trilogy is reportedly the emblem of Starkiller's house).

Edited by TheTurniipKing