Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Unable to retrieve patch data" Resolved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
"Unable to retrieve patch data" Resolved

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonlinar
03.20.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1
So, like many with this bug, I've gone back and forth with support for over a month with no results. I've tried their many fixes and ideas ad nauseum. No other piece of software had issues. Well, today I formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and figured I would try to reinstall SWTOR since I had 22 days left on my subscription even though I had cancelled. The version I was using before was Windows 7 Professional x64. However, I'll admit that copy was pirated. The Ultimate edition I installed is a legit license I gained through an MSDN subscription through my work. But, the important thing here is that I'm working with the exact same hardware. Only the OS has changed. It doesn't entirely make sense. It could be something with Professional versus Ultimate. It could have something to do with pirated versus legit. It could have had something to do with just that installation of Professional. I don't know. All I do know is that the patcher is running fine. I was awed immediately as soon as I saw the launcher say it was updating when I ran it initially because I never got that even in the previous OS installation.

This is one recently cancelled subscription that will be resubbing.

Sutii
03.22.2012 , 10:21 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Jonlinar,

It's fantastic to hear that you are up and running in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ now without issue. We would of course always recommend that players ensure they are using legitimate software on their systems. If you do encounter any problems at all in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care and have fun playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support